J1 - Mixed Grow Adventure

Not actually the biggest fan of autos. Might try them again in a few years after these next few grows. I was impressed with the growth of some of the NLs. The one I got going on thats almost done has some promise but it has weird growth spurts too so .... If I get some pollen soon enough I'll get some seeds from her but thats because of her very white and green buds.

Out of curiosity, why the neoprene inserts in the DWC in conjunction with the rockwool? Why not seed into rockwool, then seedling/rockwool into a hydroton-filled netpot?

Wait... sorry I think I mis interpreted that. Do you mean the pucks at the base? I use those because my pots are so small. They give me extra base support and help prevent light from getting into the res.

So much going on! Took a nice break this weekend. Was great. Found out the closet can manage a couple days without me!

The jungle has begun! It's green everywhere and so many sexy bits are hanging out every where. Cut down the haze male and covered his exposed last branch. Possible 2 fems.

Biggest hydro BB is a male. Snipped some leaves and tarped him off as well. Will break necks tomorrow I think. The large soil one is fem. The trifoliars havent shown and I ripped the one that was terribly affected by the neem. At this rate I'll probably just rip the rest of the hydro ones once the male has served his purpose and leave more room for the ones that are left. Little sad but I understand now why he said they were sensitive.

Many of the ABB are fems and all of the shorter variety! So far this batch is the most consistent of all of them. Many of the other autos I made had wild pheno fluctuation.

The auto is so close to done. As soon as I see the first amber I cut the next day. Sure puffed up this last week. Looks and smells soo nice!

So one side, the other side, the auto GO
2015_private_jan_5_-1.jpg
2015_private_jan_5_-2.jpg
2015_private_jan_5_-3.jpg

Wait... sorry I think I mis interpreted that. Do you mean the pucks at the base? I use those because my pots are so small. They give me extra base support and help prevent light from getting into the res.

Yeah, that's what I meant. That makes sense. Another thing I've found that works well for net pot light proofing is a couple of inches of electrical tape wrapped around the first couple of inches right under the top lip. I found that I got light leaks through the hydroton every single time I didn't do that.

Your grow is looking good! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of your pollination experiments. I'd like to try that sometime.

Have a great one!

I've seen other people use panda film to cover it, but this works really well for me. Sadly the hydro bucket is acting weird this time around.... Maybe it's just the BB she does seem rather sensitive... But one male, one fem, good enough for this round I guess.

So far so good. Even got some nice hairs forming on the abbs. Making seeds is awesome. I've been running seed experiments on all my crops. Radishes, borage, onions, cactuses. Fairly limited success across the board. Cannabis falls under my easy to bread, but hard to get results category. No one cares if your radish crop comes out a little funky, or if they get a weird chive/ garlic chive hybrid haha.

So just for those interested I'm going to post seedfinders stats on all the ladies (n gents) in the closet.
Starting with those that will finish first.

1. Auto Critical Cheese - Dinafem
Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
Critical+ Auto x Cheese Auto
Indoor flowering: 65 - 75 days

Indeed, Cheese Autoflowering has enhanced more, if that was possible, the intense Skunk flavor of the Critical+ Autoflowering, while maintaining the high production, abundant resin and rock hard buds typical of the Critical+ Auto.

2. BlueBerry - Peak
60/40 indica/sativa.
Eight weeks flowering.

Pure Blueberry of our own creation using genetics from Sagarmatha, Dutch Passion and DJ Shorts. We're really happy with the results we've gotten. A little fert sensitive, start with low doses and increase as plant demands. Very sweet odor and flavor.

3. Haze Xtreme - Crop King (A lot of people give these guy flak, but my hazes look great and identical)
Flowering Time: 8 to 10 Weeks
Indica/Sativa: Mostly Sativa
Effect: Body & Head High
THC: Strong Yet Aware (15-18%)
CBD: 0.65%
CBN: 0.40%
We took the popular Haze and made it Xtreme with increased psychedelic effects and a potent Sativa high. Known for smaller dense buds and moderate sized harvests Haze Xtreme will give you a body and head high allowing you to excel at daily activities while maintaining creative conversations.

You should know about Haze because it is very popular. If you have tried smoking or growing Haze then you would love this upgrade of the original.

Haze Extreme is mostly sativa and can reach up to 10 weeks to flower. The effect is awesome body and head high which will leave aware so this is not a good night smoke. However, fit for those who want to keep active and productive with their day-to-day activities.

4. Auto Blueberry f x Lowryder m - J189RFC

......... Short, fast, smells ok, surprisingly stable compared to other crosses. 70ish days?

5. Dr. Grinspoon (other thread) - Barneys (will cross post)

Named in honor of our hero, the brilliant cannabis advocate, researcher and author Dr. Lester Grinspoon, this is a pure heirloom Sativa. The plant grows thin and tall, and requires a longer flowering time. When mature, the colas look like compact, green and red-brown beads, loosely strung on thin stems with a dusting of THC crystals. The fragrance off the buds is of sumac and lemon; the smoke is light and tangy with citrus and tropical fruit aromas. Dr. Grinspoon offers a strong, long-lasting, energetic and cerebral high. Old school Sativa of the highest order.

Genetics: Heirloom Genetics
Yield: 350 gr/m²
Height: Grows Tall
Flowering time: 90 - 100 days
Harvest time: Middle of November
THC: 25%
CBD: 0.4%

Next update like this will include nutes, feeding "schedules" and other things that people like to see.

So I found a male ABB with lots of nice sacks so I snipped it and grabbed it's balls. Polinated a ABB and a single grouping of the ACC(Auto Critical Cheese). Took down the ACC.

The BB is growing it's buds the same way as the ACC..... I'm confused mostly because it doesn't shoot out hairs it's just bulging... and growing buds with crystal.

The ABB are looking great.
Cut down the male BB. Going to take the pollen in the next days.
Same with the male haze. Lot more room in the closet and the smell is managable again now that the ACC is down.

PICS
private_jan_13-1.jpg
private_jan_13-3.jpg
private_jan_13-5.jpg
private_jan_13-4.jpg

So just doing the math on when I am expecting everyone to come down.
The first ABBs will come down first in the first week of feb.
The second round will be second week of March
BB should be around Vday
Haze will be end of Feb

Not sure I got all the pollen I wanted this round but the feminzing project is well under way so at least there is that.

Got the new light all set up. Wowy! The ladies seem to like it so far as well!

The haze is getting ridiculously tall.
The first round of ABB is almost done.
The 2 trifoliars BB are female which is shocking.
The last BB in the bucket is doing GREAT and is female.
The Auto Crit Cheeze is slowly drying.
Things are moving along :)

private_jan_22-1.jpg
private_jan_22-2.jpg
private_jan_22-8.jpg
private_jan_22-4.jpg
private_jan_22-3.jpg
private_jan_22-7.jpg
private_jan_22-5.jpg
private_jan_22-6.jpg

So I have been having some problems. The BB is very sensitive. A couple ABB's look to have some N deficiency. It got better when I added some slightly lowered ph water with ferts. The hazes have been drinking and soaking up nutes. I'm seeing a lot more crystals now with the ABB. Getting some cover crops here soon too. Will sow them in my gardens.

Wow, the tent is looking great. It's getting nice and full. Exciting stuff! That Haze looks like it would grow through the roof if you let it. I'm still new to all this stuff, but it still amazes me how much different these strains are from one another in appearance, effects and growing preferences. This is a crazy plant.

I feel your pain on the BB sensitivity. I have some clawing that looks like N toxicity. So the opposite of your problem. My BBs go very light on the nutes and water. It's just the opposite of the other big plant I have, which drinks about a gallon every day, sometimes heavy on the nutes, sometimes not. We gotta stay on our toes, right?

Have a great weekend!

Hey thanks Snow :)

Ya The BB also grows really weird. Super thick stem (hollow some say) with these weird nug bulbs. More calyx than stamen. So little white hairs but GIANT bulging bulbs. So strange I will take a close up here this weekend. Some of the over fert problems looked like rust of the leaves. Was sooo bizarre.

Those haze surprized the SHT outa me. Like one week they were manageable, and then they were too big and if it wasn't for the LED finally showing up those tips would be crunchy! Thankfully I think the stretch is over. These girls soak up the nutes like no ones business. Had to transplant the biggest one because she was so root bound. Keep getting deficiencies in this crazy haze!

I havn't had the closet quite this full in a while, but thankfully in the next week, once the early ABB's start to gain some weight I can start flushing and getting ready to cut those 2-3 down.

I almost ruined the harvest on the Auto Crit Cheese too btw..... I feel like such a dolt. I figured that since I have no humidity where I live I would put them staight into the rubbermaid without hanging them first. Was going good for like 5 days, but I forgot to burp the bucket one day and bam, the leaves started turning black ish. Onto the drying rack she went. Saved most of it thank fully. Must takes some shots of those crystaly as fk buds too right away.

Kind of shocked the haze is so nice so far *knock on wood* it's one of the cheapies in the CropKing line of seeds. But so far so nice! Every grow gets a little better. I'm glad I don't have any bugs yet either. Might not do perpetual just so I can keep the room clean. Shocking how much eart, water and other stuff can accumulate in a small "sealed" space!

:)

thats how i sprout my seeds paper towel plastic bag,i take 2 paper plates and turn over a little shop lamp small round hood with small led bulb i set the 2 plates on top do a test run with no seeds to see how much it heats the paper plates,then put the real ones on,saves money on all those heating rigs or such.peace.ss61

Hey superskunk thanks for popping in. I've found that this method works surprisingly well. Nothing complicated. I will keep experimenting. The next round I'm going to add some myco powder to the germinating seeds and see if it helps.

Quick update. I wasn't sure what was going on with the haze but they showed signs of over fert and under fert so I gave it a good flush today and added some nutes back to the mix, some myco, a little bit of everything. She is getting way too big.... I've got another foot or so of space but shes already 5 feet tall! Oh well the harvest will be nice.

Tomorrow marks 42days of flower which means I get to start flushing some BB and some ABB soon! I think the BB are going to take a while longer than the strain guide suggests only because I'm using LED's and they all started flowering at different times. Likely my fault with the nutes and the spraying and the etc etc. I am going to start spraying my cal mag direct to the plants because I havn't found a good organic cal mag yet. I'll keep looking and I'll add more lime to my soil on the next round.

I might switch to bigger pots soon too. These little 1L work great for autos but the big sativas really would have needed more room. Sorry that I havn't added photos in a while. I'll try to snap some this weekend if I get the chance. At least now I don't have to worry about all that orange light anymore!

Back
Top Bottom