J1 - Mixed Grow Adventure

Hey Snow. She has hit the light hahah so yes very close! I tied them up for support and so i could maneuvor the light around them later.

I'm using some cheap myco powder. Doesn't have a super high spore count. All fungi as far as I know. I add the smallest amount to my water about every month and I only use it in soil. If I do end up going for some coco coir or ricehulls I will try it with them as well. But at the moment I am not set up for soilless mediums. I want to try them eventually but probably after I have a high brix adventure.

Things are looking great over in your thread. gonna go check your progress right now :)

i just popped 8 of 8 o.g.kush seeds that way its the 3rd day they already have there shells popped and r officialy now a plant will ake new journal in a few im really busy at moment just checking my email/etc.glad to hear it.it works great 4 me,just always do a dry run 1st to check how warm it gets.:thumb::grinjoint::green_heart::rollit::thanks:

J Is that the newer seroes Advanced Platinum LED? How do you like it? I was thinking about dropping the cash on their 450W model should be overkill for my 9sq ft tents, but Sonner than later I will go to bigger space. Looking good!. I went through your grows and thinking that's why my first is doing so well. thanks!

Hey DrV, no sadly its the old Mars Hydro, but so far so good! No one seems to be complaining. It's not as strong as I could like but it does seem to be a decent replacement for the 400hps. A 450 that run at 200 would be a good fit I think for a 3x3 tent. Starting to look forward to cleaning out the space and putting some toms and peppers in, see how it does with veggies.

But for now! Update.

Going to give a full strength water to everyone but the BB and 1st round ABB. Give the 1st round ABB and BB just mollasses this time.
Top up the reservoir. Hmm not much to do today thats nice!

Funny story. I started the hydro bucked with 4 plants full to the top with water 10.5L~ . Filled it once when I removed the other plants. And have only put about 2L into it since. Same as last round. I don't change my water and it doesn't seem to have much effect! I'm going to add around 8L tonight with 1/4 strength nutes, a little peroxide, some cal/mag and call it a day. I will try to change the rest about 3-4 days before harvest.

Haze is getting massive. The ABB are all starting to ripen. The BB is getting bulky. I'm still waiting on my DrG fem pollen to polinate the rest. Lots of things to cut next week. Hope there are some good seeds in the bunch!

First pic is the weird bud growth I was talking about. compared to all the hairy strains I've seen, it just looks off. But the auto crit did the same, so ???
private2015_jan31-1.jpg
private2015_jan31-3.jpg
private2015_jan31-4.jpg
private2015_jan31-5.jpg

Well this was due a couple weeks ago. But I'm hopping that if I post this I can get a little help. So the entire list of nutes is as follows

Chems! Old Mostly unused except for the 2-0-0+Cal
1-2-5
2-0-0 +Cal
0-4-4
ph down

"Organics"
Epsom
molasses
Zho 1-0-0 inocullant
2-3-5 botanicare bloom
fish emulsion alaska
fulvic acid

Ok all, what am I missing, what could I use (other than an organic cal mag the shop I go to was out of the general organics calmag+)
I also load my soil with .5-.5-.5 manure, peat, loam, perlite, sometimes some sand and vermiculite. I add bone meal and rock powder and sometimes some compost. I like to bake my soil before I do anything because I hate bugs.

Suggestions, ideas??? I don't use the chems stuff much anymore. I started using it in the bucket at the beginning of the grow but since I have switched to the org bloom with just a little cal/mag boost.

It's hard to tell in that photo. I really wish I had a basic photo editor that I could use to put words in, but I can't find any good plug ins for lightroom and opening everything up in photoshop would be ok I guess but it takes a lot of power and usually quite a bit of time. I'll try it next round. There are some bud pictures coming up and a harvest or two around the corner.

The BB is the one on the far left. I'm glad the buds are starting to look bud like. Rock hard too. But if you look at the leaves you will see this gnarly rusty burnt look going on. Thats the neem. I remove the leaves that are damaged. I basically did a half defol on the biggest haze. I haven't been feeding her enough apparently. I gave them a full shot a couple days ago and the smaller one looks so much healthier and happier but the other one, while looking better, is still suffering. All this after a flush, a partial feed and a full ish feed. Also using amended soil and lots of seaweed.
private2015_jan31-3.jpg

Haha I saw that thanks superskunk! Lots of good updates this week so catch ya when ya get back!

So I did a little "photoshoot" with the eldest of the ABB. I have to let her go another week mostly cause I think shell fill out and 2 because shes holding seeds and I want them to be decent. But she looks so good. Not super trichy but a great smell. More of a diesle garbage smell though which I think she got from her daddy (lowryder) but oh well. Shes bulky too! The lower nodes are just massive popcorns compared to the others.

I also did one round of edited photos and one round right outa camera. The difference is huge and this is just my own aesthetics ideals. I wish I could have done more but oh well next time. I plan on entering at least one contest every month for at least the next 3 months. :) Super excited. Don't even care if I win but I'm playing it by my own standards (within the rules) which means photos entered will be fresh off the press, it will be of something going on actively, they will be my own.

So first the un edited, and then the edited.
private20150207-1.jpg
private20150207-2.jpg
private20150207-3.jpg
private20150207edits-1.jpg
private20150207edits-2.jpg
private20150207edits-3.jpg

nice job man,i love blubrry one of my favs if u never tried it u will love it,if u have then u no what ur in for.i will try to stop in the site if i can here and there,but will take pics of any harvest will update the og kush next week,just starting early veg so not much to see,:goodjob::welldone::lot-o-toke::green_heart::rollit::yummy::allgood::passitleft::peacetwo:ss61

Alright so I cut the big ABB yesterday and while I was trimming I found two balls! I hope I didin't accidentally hit her with CS! But either way only two that I found, one was open but didint look like it had dropped any pollen yet.... still slightly miffed and worried but if the rest of everything goes well and no other weird herms happen I should be able to distinguish accidental seeds from planned seeds!

Everything is slowly coming along. Looks like the BB will need at least another week if not two. The other ABB's are coming along well. And I have a problem with the haze and the Dr.G. Please take a look. I am pretty sure it's a cal/mag and nute deficiency. I think they eat more than I give them. Started at the bottom and made its way up. Hasn't affected general growth I don't think but they have both hit the ceiling... Thankfully plants can move their food and water around by themselves.

And of course the hydro bucket is doing the best out of everyone. Once dialed in it basically does it's own thing!
private_feb_16_2015-1.jpg
private_feb_16_2015-3.jpg
private_feb_16_2015-2.jpg
private_feb_16_2015-4.jpg
private_feb_16_2015-5.jpg
private_feb_16_2015-6.jpg

Thanks AllSmiles! Thats what she looks like when I look at her.

Still havin trouble with that haze. Looks way more like a sulfur def by looking at the maladies chart.... Every time. I think I underfeed constantly. By the sounds of the measurements anyways even my soil is underfed... I always figured it was better to be under fed instead of burnt but if I'm right about this then it's equally bad if not worse!

On the upside, looks like DrG pollen will be ready soon. Gotta start flushing the biggest BB soon, and those ABB that are left I want to be done. Scared of having more balls in the room than I would like. I think the ABB might have gotten the haze a little bit..... a number of the lower pistils are browning but I'm hoping it is only maturation process.

I'm looking forward to a little break in a month and a half. This hobby can be stressful. While it has, for the most part, "paid off" and I've gotten some great experience and had my kicks, even medically, it's too much to handle. I hope one of these strains is good for anxiety. If not I fear that the closet garden will be very limited in size next go around.

Cut the rest of the ABBs. Found a rogue male flower in the lower branches of one, but I think it came from the dude that I used to polinate the other ABB. Either way I only see one seed there. Pics!

private_feb24_2015-4.jpg
private_feb24_2015-3.jpg
private_feb24_2015-2.jpg
private_feb24_2015-1.jpg

Give you guys a haze and BB update soon! Oh and if you havn't yet check out the Dr.G thread. These girls are getting crazy! Fattest damn girls I've ever seen! Update shortly too!

its not easy its not hard but it is however a patient/full time job,but when get ur groove and u are thats not bad at all for how long u been trying,keep it up.small if u have to.actually that might work in ur advantage ive been doin this for 24 yrs or so.took a break for 5 yrs.but even for me starting multi strain can b very time consuming,keep goin try smaller gardens with maybe indica,1 sativa whatever u want keep at it b4 u no it,ur weed will b grade a,not sayin its not,i promise u wont regret hangin in there if ur a toker/patient.hang in there friend:thumb::lot-o-toke::green_heart::rollit::joint::passitleft::allgood::peace:ss61

Thanks supperskunk. I have a wonderful beginners luck curse. The first time I do anything it works out 110% and then it goes back to a regular learning curve. Sadly right now I am facing some problems that stem from my original plan or lack there of. I should have started the haze in a much larger container. I am having a hard time keeping them fed. Very hungry ladies!

I also have strong pangs of paranoia that hit intermitently and right now it is pretty bad. I have a very difficult time tending to crops when I am in this kind of head space. Things are progressing though, so thank you all for hanging on. I will post the pictures soon. I have pics from two weeks ago and I'll take some more either tonight or tomorrow. The two phenos of haze are strange. The one is all branch and no hairs kind of like Dr.G is supposed to be and the other one, while whispy, is producing what might eventually be nice nugs. We are 11+ weeks from flip and it looks like it needs a couple more weeks. Thats the problem when you have a feeding issue and you aren't using 1000w HPS lights is that everything takes longer.

I will also try to take pictures of the harvest to date. Everything looks and smells so much nicer than the last batch. Now if I can only get these feminised seeds produced I would be a very happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom