J1 - Mixed Grow Adventure

J189RFC

Well everyone nice to see you all again after a long hiatus. I happen to get paranoid from time to time, especially after a long winter.

Had a good summer. Wrapping up a lovely garden, Greenhouse on the verge of finishing and some mostly lovely cannabis wrapping up and curing up.

You may notice I've changed my avatar from the former USDA Organic logo. The reasons are two fold. One. I am not American. Two, I am not really all that organic. :( My fruits and veg may be but for now I like the control I have on my water and plants and will keep it that way for the immediate future.

I am starting this thread a little early, much like always but I am really approaching it with a more open mind and more room for vision. Here is some back story. Got a bunch of auto seeds. Bred them with some success. I have had many many weird mutations over the years and more so recently(I'll talk to this later) have done soil, organic, hydro, indoor, out door and greenhouse. I realize after reading the Docs and the high brix crew stuff, as well as some organic hydroponics I realize I don't really know all that much. While I can grow a pretty decent anything, I am not the best.

At the moment I have bugs. So many many bugs. Nothing I've tried works very well and I can't really just bomb the place but I'm tempted. So the plan is to wrap up in the next month or so, clean like a bat outa hell, instal some more panda film and set up my 3 hydro buckets.

Current details
What strain is it? 3 dif phenos of auto cali haze, 3 auto cheese, 2 auto revolver, 2 auto northern lights

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mix sativa/indica/ruderalis

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Most in late flower, revolver in late veg

Planted? All in last few months

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? 2 Auto NL in hydro DWC, rest in soil

If soil... what is in your mix? mostly hummus, peat + perlite sand manure others

If soil... What size pot? 2L

Hydro? 3x DWC 11L tote with 2' net pots, hydroton pebbles, lava rocks, rockwool

Size of light? 400 hps + 90 LED

Is it aircooled? It has exhaust

Temp of Room/cab? 20C-34C

RH of Room/cab? 30-40

PH of media or res? Hydro a stable 5.8. Soil NA

Any Pests ? everything.... Gnats, Mites, others :(

How often are you watering? Every couple of days

Type and strength of ferts used? 80% recommended liquid ferts

New details!

What strain is it? 5x Xtreme Haze (8-10Weeks), 3x revolver(auto fem), 5x auto blueberry

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly Sativa for the Haze, Revolver is almost all indica, and blueberry ???

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seed

Planted? Soon!

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? All Hydro

Hydro set up? 3x DWC 11L tote with 2' net pots, hydroton pebbles, lava rocks, rockwool

Size of light? 400 hps + 90 LED

Is it aircooled? It has exhaust

Temp of Room/cab? 20C-34C

RH of Room/cab? 30-40

PH of media or res? Hydro a stable 5.8.

Any Pests ? None after cleaning I hope! Getting some neem oil to prevent future issues. No more soil for now either.

How often are you watering? 4L top up every 2-3 days

Type and strength of ferts used? build up to 80% recommended liquid ferts

So I know this is a lot right now but slowly over the course of the winter we will see some amazing things! I can't wait to be bug free. That is half the reason I switched to a simple DWC system. It's effective, uses less water, produces stronger results with fewer complications. I am looking into maybe a organic hydro set up, but I worry that a hydro dwc will get clogged, or smell, or.....

Ok well enough for tonight. :passitleft:

re: J's Back! - New Perpetual Jungle - Soil to Hydro Autos & Regs

yeah im in on this one - is the Revolver and Northern Lights from CropKing ?
They are on my grow list.//

Hey all thanks for joining in!

The revolver is from cropking, the ones I've got in soil look really nice. The NL is my own breeding, the original strains came from non sponsors. I order all my seeds "locally" so I don't worry about customs.

This NL has 4 phenos that I've found so far. 1 is a weird muty that grows only 3 bladed leaves and looks stunted through out growth but produces LOVELY and sticky smelly tasty buds. It's also fast 60-70 days.
The otehr is also a 60-70 days but grows more normally. Produces nice buds.
Then I have my two monster phenos. 100+ days, 1 M tall, meh on the bud production. One of them is way past my light it's kinda scary.

So far I like this hybrid set up. I have the LED on on side and the HPS sort of in the middle. So I'm putting the haze under that and running the autos in the other buckets more underneath the hps. When it comes time to flower the haze I'll run one plant more under the LED and the others regular see if it makes a difference and where things look best. :)

Glad to have ya on board Jane!

A quick photo update for everyone, do a little catching up

This little guy was an oddity that I had only ever heard of. It produced 1,2,3,3,2,5,5 blades per leaf. Was interesting to see but had no potential.
private_2014_9_.jpg

This is my three bladed beauty. Never produced more than 3 blades but produced lovely buds! NL
private_2014_10_.jpg

The other two phenos of NL
private_2014_11_.jpg

Buds on the the bladed beauty NL
Private_2014_6_.jpg
Private_2014_5_.jpg

Buds on the other 2 NL
Private_2014_4_.jpg
Private_2014_3_.jpg

Outdoor skunk, infinity skunk. 120 days ish still not quite done... Disappointed a little but it will make great butter! The smaller ones are shadowed Auto NL
Private_2014_2_.jpg
Private_2014_8_.jpg

Gratuitous black and white photo
private_2014_12_.jpg

Welcome welcome VLV!

I have an interesting question for hydro people. I've been running my bucket for 2 months, I've switched nutrients, i've run "flush", I've even left roots from cut plants in there. I've added peroxide at 1-2 drops / 11L every couple of weeks. I doubt it is absolutely light tight but, here is the question:

Can roots meld into each other? There is no slime, grossness, particulates, anything in the water. I take samples every couple o weeks and it looks good enough to drink. Doesn't even have a colour to it. The roots are lovely looking, and my bubbler is still bubblin. Have I just run into the weirdest grow ever and lucked out big or.....

Also! The first two Auto NL yeilded about 22g. Little small, but damn tasty an pretty strong for being picked a week or so early :) I'm almost happy with where this is all going!

Got any pics of the setup? We, the subscribed, might be able to help light tight that goodness right on up :)
Wow, meld together eh. That's pretty intense :D I would imagine it's possible if there was a break or cut in the roots, kind of like grafting.

I'm not super worried about the light tightness. The system is really basic DWC with one airstone, one pump 10 2" holes and one 1/8th hole in the side for the airline, 11L. I'll try to get in there and take some pics this week.

I've never heard of roots melding together. As for leaving roots in there from cut plants, wouldn't that cause algae and possibly promote root rot? Just asking cause I don't really know. I'm pretty new to DWC but it seems that leaving dead roots in there would not be good.

AllSmiles that's what I always thought but I cut over 2 weeks ago now and when I went to check the roots today they looked great! White, in clear water. I'm slightly worried about competition in late flowering now. But oh well. The tallest one will take an extra 2-3-4 weeks on the other girl so once that one down I will continue observing it and see how it develops.

I also have photos, I'll try to post them in the next day or two to show you what I mean.

So another week or two on these and they can get the old chop chop! These are the largest and slowest outdoor autos. Came in at a little over 1.20m bout 4 foot.

Priv_sep-1.jpg

Priv_sep-2.jpg

Sorry bout the calcium build up. It the worst right on top. But can't help that unless I buy gallons and gallons of water at the store.
The roots look good and I mean, the system is just basic, I never expect basic to be perfect, but if you can think of ways to make it better feel free.

Priv_sep-4.jpg

Priv_sep-5.jpg

Now here are the late ladies. The one in the front is just a slow big version of all the other ones( was a little stunted as a seed) the one in the back, ya the one going way past any hope of it getting direct light. I keep thinking I should chop but I don't see a good reason to. It seems to be doing fine....

Priv_sep-6.jpg

Priv_sep-7.jpg

Lastly some shots of the revolver ladies about to start doing what they do best!

Priv_sep-8.jpg

Just a quick update with photos tonight Something awesome this way comes!

Ps. did I mention the Silver spray I'm going to be spritzing on revolver lady #2?

Outdoor ladies are in. Going to wash about half of it to see how it works. Gonna take another page outa the Docs book. 3 step. 1 h2o2. 2 hot baking soda lemon 3. coldest tap.

Re thinking my ideas on when to clean. These bugs are making my skin itch.... Cutting a bunch in a couple hours, let ya all know how it goes.

Question: If I cut the top off the tallest lady to just below the light(she is much taller than the light) will this help or harm?

So last night I cut the two outdoor NL autos. This morning I cut 2/3 Cali Haze auto and 1 Cheese auto. I have this one derp Cali Haze that will come down tomorrow.

The bud washing went well, the water was not as dirty as I expected it would be.

I sprayed the best looking Revolver this morning with CS and those are all the updates for today.

Still wondering about those two questions. Anyone? Roots melding in a DWC set up and what to do with the 2m tall monster gall?

Thanks!

So I ended up composting the one derpy cali haze auto :( She was nice and thick but no crystals, hairs were unevenly brown meh, no loss, 2 and a half month in the closet looking like it wouldn't go anywhere and it didn't go anywhere.

Everything that was cut is now in jars. I'm trying to get the humidity down to about 60% in the jars. Everytime I start curing things always start smelling like watermelon.... is this weird? What humidity do you all keep you curing buds at? I open mine once a day to level the RH and to get some fresh air but I live in ~30% humidity and drying happens almost overnight. When I cut these next ladies I think I will paper bag it.

Ahhh, bummer you lost the Haze, but congrats on the harvest! Once I started my cure, they smelled like sweet tea. Watermelon sounds pretty tasty :D I'm following a guy that keeps his cure humidity at 55%. The air where I live is also quite dry so I kept them in a canvas bag to keep some of the humidity in. This allowed them to dry for a week :)

Back
Top Bottom