Jack Frost

dontinhale

420 Member
I still have 6 gorilla glue and one Bruce Banner outside here in central Wisconsin. I am not seeing much amber trichomes yet. Tonight the forecast low temperature is 35 degrees. Tomorrow night the forecast low temperature is 29 degrees. They are not in a good location to cover with sheets. Temperatures will return to normal after the next couple of days. My question is whether or not these plants can withstand the near freezing and freezing temperatures? In addition I am wondering how much damage a frost like this can cause. ?

My question is whether or not these plants can withstand the near freezing and freezing temperatures?
They survive frost and even some snow. Mid 20s (F) and lower is a different story.

In addition I am wondering how much damage a frost like this can cause. ?
I have not noticed any damage on the leaves after a frost or after the snow melts off. What you might notice is that as the temperatures drop into the 30s the plant pretty much slows down and even stops ripening until the temperatures get back up into the 50s or higher; as if the the plant is just dormant and waiting.

Many growers have placed a covering over the plants which acts like a tent and keeps the plant and root system warmer with the warmth the ground will radiate. Some use plastic sheets but those have to be removed soon after the sun comes up. Some will get by with using a bed sheet or lightweight blanket. Tenting over the plants might be a pain to do if the plants are very tall.

Temps as low as 35 can cause frost to form on objects if those drop to lower temperatures. Kinda easy to see on those first several morning of temps into the mid 30s. I can see frost on car windows and on boat covers but the ground, pavement. lawns and plants have none.

I still have 6 gorilla glue and one Bruce Banner outside here in central Wisconsin. I am not seeing much amber trichomes yet. Tonight the forecast low temperature is 35 degrees. Tomorrow night the forecast low temperature is 29 degrees. They are not in a good location to cover with sheets. Temperatures will return to normal after the next couple of days. My question is whether or not these plants can withstand the near freezing and freezing temperatures? In addition I am wondering how much damage a frost like this can cause. ?
Hey @dontinhale how have you been my friend?
Potassium Silicate helps the cells resist temperature fluctuations.
Might help resist the cold.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hello, It sounds like a nice grow. Great to get some better temps for ripening. I live in a high desert environment and actually hope for near freezing nights to bring out the colors.
Going outdoors is definitely an adventure.
Stay stoneder.

Back
Top Bottom