Taste: Haze / Spicy / Citrus
Effect: Energetic Headbuzz
Flowering: 8 Weeks

Growroom setup:

Space
: 60x60cm (2x2ft) SecretJardin DarkStreet DS60
Lamp: 200w Secret Jardin HPLED200
Extraction fan: Ruck EM125
Circulation fan: noname, cheapest model with clip, mounted below canopy.
Reservoir: 15L (4gal) bucket filled to ~12L
Airpump: Prosilent a200
Airstone: generic circular airstone

Fertilizer information:

Brand: Terra Aquatiqa (T.A.) aka General Hydroponics
Line: Tri-part + Final part (+ Flashclean)
Regimen: Keep EC at lower bound recommended level on bottle, flush and change nutes on phase change (1st roots, growing, pre-flower, flower, ripen, flush) Keep water level topped off daily and PH adjust as required, add nutes based on EC and by judging how much water was added over last few days (roughly, by memory) deviding by half and adding to topped off reservoir as per regular instructions.

Introduction:

Hey all, back from long time no see. Somewhere on here there are a few abandoned and or completed growjournals that show how I started, and also why I stopped posting journals :D I since learned a lot and was able to invest a bit, and decided it's time I started giving back with what I learned. I also just want to share my adventures as they have become interesting I'd say.

The Jack Herer that will be featured in this journal, has been rooted for about a month (from clone) and been growing for about 3 weeks in this tent. It has been flipped to 12/12 about a week ago, and should start showing signs of that in a few days. As soon as that happens I will reset the nutrient balance by using Flashclean and give her a new bath with pre-flower mix.

Ph will we measured and adjusted to 5.8 daily, EC will be kept at or below the low-end of the bottle recommendation for the current grow phase, as I am not growing in a CO2 enriched environment, and as with most things, less is more.

The reservoir is cleaned when I do a water change, using some bleach. Before I switch her to flowering, I will take a few clones and a new journal will spawn featuring the same plant in nearly the same conditions: Variables are: 200W LED (Secret Jardin HPLED 200), 250W HPS (Lumatek), 150W LED (Mars Hydro TS1000).

Other than that, not much care is given, I dont play music for them, I dont brew special teas, I dont treat them as anything but their nickname, a weed. They seem to like a bit of abuse.

Defoliation mainly centres around keeping the bud sites free from cover, but once trichomes are forming in large enough numbers; those leafs I will tuck, pluck shorter, but in general I leave them on the plant, as trichomes are trichomes :p

For now, getting ready to bloom:

612693-jpg.2449600

Goal:

Hey @PlanetJ Do you have 2 journals started for the same grow?

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill, no I dont. But I started the Super Silver Haze a bit too soon, as the tent is still occupied by a Jack Herer, so there is an almost finished Jack Herer in the 250W HPS tent atm, as well as this beauty in the 200W LED.

I will keep all Herer updates in this topic for now.
That being said, here are some middle of their night shots:

Hey Bill, no I dont. But I started the Super Silver Haze a bit too soon, as the tent is still occupied by a Jack Herer, so there is an almost finished Jack Herer in the 250W HPS tent atm, as well as this beauty in the 200W LED.

I will keep all Herer updates in this topic for now.
That being said, here are some middle of their night shots:

That jher is a beast.
I ran jher for 4 years straight freeken awsome strain so easy to care for.
I grew a 12 footer last summer in coco outside, that was a ton of work.
Looking good Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

So, this Jack was flipped to 12/12 7 days ago, and is starting to show first signs of preflowering. I topped the reservoir of with pH-ed water, and then added flashclean, 2ml/L @ 12L = 24ml an will let that sit for 24h.

After that, a fresh reservoir with tri-part pre-flower mix will go in for about a week, maybe a bit more, before I flush and move to flower nutrients. Doing everything on judgement here, as I have no clue when I flipped her any more :)

EC is not really relevant, as the res will change tomorrow. pH was stable at 5.8 when I checked, and readjusted after adding tapwater.

She got a good defoliation as well, to make sure I have the maximum number of budsites. I maybe flipped a day or 2 too early, I prefer the net a bit more full.

Pictures:

This lady got her nutes changed from growing mix to pre-flower mix, as she started showing pistils. Yesterday I added Flashclean to the mix, had it sit in that for 24h, and today I changed it out for pre-flower mix. I also rotated her 180 degrees in an attempt to get the net a bit more evenly filled.

Before pics to show the reaction to the agent-orange like defoliation yesterday, and a pic 4h after the latest abuse are there as well. Let me know if you want more details or more commentary, and on what, and I'll see if I can work that in.

Let me stop rambling, pics:

Before any further abuse:

4h later:

Jacky here is almost entering week 2 of preflowering, her sites are starting to show signs of it as well, I will keep her on preflowering mix for another week before a quick flush with FlashClean and transition to flowering mix.

With a bit of luck I will get that last inch I need to fill up the net :D

w1d6 of preflower:

Jacky only got some water and extra nutes today, nothing else required. In a few days she will burst into bloom, and at that point I will change the mix out with a quick flashclean run to reset the roots from salt buildup that might have occurred. At that point I stop training as well.

Jack is just cruising along here, she is down to half a res, and while I would normally top it off and add nutes and all that, I will not for 2 simple reasons:

1. values look good to me
2. in about a day or so I will add FlashClean and switch to flowering mix, given how she looks now

just keep an eye out for the stretch in flower
This is almost the end of the 2nd week of preflower, sadly she isnt stratching that much any more, so not getting to fill up the back of the net as much as I would have liked. Timing a bit off there :)

Update incoming.

Back
Top Bottom