Jack Herer & Northern Lights In Canna Terra Pro Plus: 4x4 Indoor LED Grow

Calvados

26/8/18 – grow # 3

4x4 tent

Mars Hydro II 900w LED x 2

Canna Terra Pro Plus medium

Canna Terra Pro Plus nutrients : Rhizotonic, Boost, Cannazym, Terre Flores, Terre Veg, Canna PK13/14. Vitalink Cal Mag

4 gallon air pots

3 Jack Herer - feminised

1 Northern Light - feminised

Step 1 was to drop them into 2 separate glasses. Unlike last time I will label them at each step, so as not to mix them up. I've got extra NL, if something doesn't sprout. I want to grow 4 plants.

Today I mixed up 8 liters of half strength nutes (PH 5.8, 15ml Vega, 10ml Rhizo, 10ml Zim), put the medium into 3 liter pots, soaked it until run off, mixed it by hand, and hit it again. I moved the cubes into the pots. I even labeled the Northern Light. Professional.

Now I need to leave them alone for a few days.

This is the nutrient schedule that I'm following from Canna.

2 weeks above ground. The Northern Light has had a rough start. It is a 3 year old seed. Don't know if that makes any difference. The last 2 days it has started to straighten itself out. Worst case I'll germinate another. The Jack Herer will probably take longer, so I'm not worried about the timing of it.

19-09-18

I replanted into 5 gallon cloth pots. Those things are much bigger than what I’ve used in previous grows. The roots looked very good in the smaller pots (down to the bottom and out to the sides). The pots are incredibly easy to take apart and transplant. I didn’t use the larger air pots this time.

No sign of any bugs, but I’m taking no chances. I mixed Nemasys Sciarid Fly Killer package into 10 litres of water along with full nutes. I watered the new pots first without the plants. I added the dried plants along with more water ringing the outside of the pots for good measure. Only one plant was injured in this production. I ripped a fan leaf on the largest of the plants (front left). No idea how I did that.

17-10-18

Everything is going great. The tallest plant is 18". The smallest is the NL at 12". The 3 JHs are very bushy. Looks like 4 main and 4 secondary COLAs per plant. The NL is looking like 2 to 4. It basically has 2 main stems where the others have 4. It's just over 6 weeks and I'm trying to figure out the best time to flip. It was around this time on my last grow, but the plants finished a good 18" shorter than optimal. The good thing about documenting the grows is that I can look back and compare. The Green Crack was about the same size as the JH for the same age. The difference is the JH are bushier. I also ran into a pest problem at this time with the GC, which was a nightmare. No hints of trouble this time. I think I'll give these another week and assess.

I just watched a JH video grow from Green House seed company. It showed a side by side of hydro v organic soil. They started flowering after 16 days veg and flowered for 63 days. The one hydro would just about fit in my tent. The soil by comparison was puny. The stretch for soil looked like it was about 1 1/2, but that's from a very short veg period.

Flipped to 12/12 today. 52 days of veg. The canopy fills the tent. I boosted the Northern Light, so it's even with the others. They've been on full nutes every watering for 6 of the 9 weeks of veg. Watering moved from every 6 days to every 4 days for the past few weeks.

I raised the light up a foot to around 2 1/2 feet. I'm hoping that will encouraging stretching. Last grow I think I screwed that up with too much light. I've got other lights that I can add later (another Mars II 900, a viaspectra 450, and a PlatinumLED 300). The light covers 3 1/2 of the 4 feet, which seems pretty close. I don't think it makes any real difference in veg, but it does in the later stages of flower.

No problems so far. That's got to be a worry.

Leaves were droopy. Some leaves wrinkled and fell off underneath the canopy. Assume it was lack of water. They went 5 days without a refill. I checked them yesterday and thought they would be alright. Full nutrients (20l) PH 6.0). I added my Plat..LED P300 to the side for balance. Really for no good reason other than I like it. The main light covers 3 1/2 of the 4' circumference. This should balance it (not).

I have a 10l bucket for mixing nutes, so I do it twice. I realised I forgot to PH the water after the first 2 plants were done. I checked the second bucket and it came in at 6.0 without doing anything. The first should be the same. Also changed the water to luke warm. Straight from the tap is very cold these days.

Does anyone know if it matters?

Starting to see some signs of flowering. The smell of the leaves is lovely.

Your girls are lush and beautiful. I just dropped 2 Jack Herer, 2 Northern Lights, and 2 auto Malawi x northern lights. I hope mine look as good as yours, I think yours are about 6 weeks.
:passitleft:
Thanks. So far so good. I vegged for 7 weeks and switched to flower ten days ago. I’m guessing it’s going to be at least 7 more weeks.

What size tent are you growing in? Do you have a journal on here?

:ganjamon::volcano-smiley::passitleft:

I grow in a basement. I have a veg room and a flower room. I have lots of room but it is very height challenged.

I don’t post a lot but it is @jaxrider’s48 Sparkle Plenty Variety Garden. I will have new pictures tomorrow.

:passitleft:

I've been reading up on defoliating (again). I've generally gone about it without much of a plan. People who are big believers will have already done several during veg. The idea is to make sure light is being evenly distributed. The thinking is that, because the plant is being fed nutrients there is less of a need to store them in the leaves. I think that's probably true. I think I'm going to do a major defoliation at day 15 of flower. Worst case it will shock them and stop the stretch for a few days. Best case it will just make the light more effective over all for the buds.

Back
Top Bottom