Jack The Ripper

Here's the quarantined Jack the Ripper plant (under 12/12; the affected leaf is in the lower right of the plant):

0091614.JPG

I'll see what the sex is when it shows, plus keep my eye on the plant. If it gets another leaf like that I'm chopping it up regardless of what it is.

Thanks I finally got my backup mostly dealt with. I put all 4 of these Jack the Ripper plants under a 250 Agrosun bulb today (it's running at 18/6):

0052425.JPG

The 5th one still has those curled, deformed leaves. I don't see the mosaic color pattern spreading, but TMV just showed up on another one of my clones in another tent so I'm ready to cull it at a moment's notice.

Two of the four Jack the Ripper plants under the 250 watt Agrosun:

0081817.JPG

The third, leaning a little:

0091620.JPG

And the fourth, another probable TMV case:

0101478.JPG
0111306.JPG

Here's the only good news about that; it's a male, even though I didn't get a clear pic:

0121175.JPG
0131057.JPG

2 out of 5 get culled due to disease. :(

Note: I fed the four plants under the 250 watt Agrosun bulb compost tea yesterday, consisting of -

2 gallons of RO water
2 tsp. of FF's all purpose 5-5-5
2 tsp. of unsulfured molasses 1-0-5
2 tsp. liquid Alaskan fish fertilizer 5-1-1
2 cups of earthworm castings 1-0-0

I bubbled this for about 36 hours then diluted it with 2 more gallons of RO water, making 4 gallons of compost tea.

You can see the two plants that grew in the same pot better in this pic (Jack the Ripper - week 2, day 1):

018639.JPG

That pic summarizes what I wound up with here pretty well; 6 plants with 2 in one pot (which I never did separate, by the way). And after an inspection today, these pics will summarize the remaining plants. :(

First cull:

0012969.JPG

Reason - TMV:

0022871.JPG
0032755.JPG

Second cull, same:

0042573.JPG
0052431.JPG

Third cull, same:

0062152.JPG
0072010.JPG

They all had good health otherwise. Here's the fourth plant with a leaf mutation but so far no signs of TMV:

0081821.JPG

The fifth and sixth plants are in the same pot and healthy, but I had to remove the shade leaves on the normal plant to let the runted twin (?) get some light; sorry about the blurry pic:

0091624.JPG

I'm just going to treat the runt like a lower branch I guess. I have the survivors in the back of the tent not touching any of the other plants I have until I see if the last 3 are safe. Dang hope I get me a female here if I don't that'll be failed try #2 for Jack the Ripper..... :(

Well, these have a few bad leaves and were a little hard to get out of the pots too but I put both into 3 gallon pots today (SSM#4 Advanced w/FF's Fruit & Flower). Here's they are, at 6 weeks and 4 days from seed (Jack the Ripper):

0052437.JPG
0062159.JPG

I'll be starting them under 11/13 tonight, and I may give them a dose of AN's Iguana Juice grow to green them up again.

Tomorrow's dinner for both these (I changed my mind about the Iguana Juice):

2 gallons of RO water
2 tsp. of unsulfured molasses
1 tsp. of granular mycos
2 tsp. of Superswell bat guano
2 tsp. of soft rock phosphate
2 tsp. of FF's Fruit & Flower granular fertilizer
2 tsp. of liquid Maxicrop
1 cup of compost
1 cup of earthworm castings

I'll bubble it for about 36 hours then dilute it with 2 more gallons of RO water and pH balance it to 7.0 with lemon juice before I use it.

I should be the one thanking you for making me think it out. My soil outside has a lot of clay, so I should be trying to make the teas more acidic to balance that out, not neutral. I think I'm going to aim at between 6.0 to 6.5 for pH from now on; thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom