Jack47 & Hy-1 Coco Dyna Gro

Looks like you're off to a good start. If you want any suggestions on a feeding schedule with the Dyna products, let me know. I've been using them for 3.5 years in soil-less.

Looks like you're off to a good start. If you want any suggestions on a feeding schedule with the Dyna products, let me know. I've been using them for 3.5 years in soil-less.
I'd be especially interested in your ph advice since Dyna Gro seems to be be recommending a lot higher than I normally would do...

I've done my own comparisons using just the Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt the entire grow vs using the the full lineup when you go to bloom. Frankly I didn't see a benefit of the extra products, so now I don't use the Mag Pro or Bloom anymore. So I can give it to you both ways.

Foliage Pro & Pro Tekt only
Days 1-7, 1ml Foliage Pro, 1ml Pro Tekt (per gallon)
Days 8-14, 2ml Foliage Pro, 2ml Pro Tekt
Days 15-21, 3ml Foliage Pro, 3ml Pro Tekt
Days 22-28, 4ml Foliage Pro, 4ml Pro Tekt
Days 23+, 5ml Foliage Pro, 5ml Pro Tekt

Now you may find 5ml of each a touch hot. If you see tip burning, back down to 4ml each and keep it there. You may also need to supplement some Cal Mag in Coco. In Pro Mix you can possibly get away without it, but Coco you may see deficiencies around the flip to bloom. If adding Cal Mag, start 1ml and work up just like with the other products. So it's a 1:blushsmile:1 ratio of Foliage Pro, Pro Tekt, & Cal Mag.

I gotta run for a bit, I'll give you the mix for using all the products in bloom in a about an hour.

I've done my own comparisons using just the Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt the entire grow vs using the the full lineup when you go to bloom. Frankly I didn't see a benefit of the extra products, so now I don't use the Mag Pro or Bloom anymore. So I can give it to you both ways.

Foliage Pro & Pro Tekt only
Days 1-7, 1ml Foliage Pro, 1ml Pro Tekt (per gallon)
Days 8-14, 2ml Foliage Pro, 2ml Pro Tekt
Days 15-21, 3ml Foliage Pro, 3ml Pro Tekt
Days 22-28, 4ml Foliage Pro, 4ml Pro Tekt
Days 23+, 5ml Foliage Pro, 5ml Pro Tekt

Now you may find 5ml of each a touch hot. If you see tip burning, back down to 4ml each and keep it there. You may also need to supplement some Cal Mag in Coco. In Pro Mix you can possibly get away without it, but Coco you may see deficiencies around the flip to bloom. If adding Cal Mag, start 1ml and work up just like with the other products. So it's a 1:blushsmile:1 ratio of Foliage Pro, Pro Tekt, & Cal Mag.

I gotta run for a bit, I'll give you the mix for using all the products in bloom in a about an hour.
Sweet!! I am working at the moment but will probably have some questions eventually. Thanks for taking the time man really appreciate it. I will probably check out your journals tonight don't think I've been around before..

Here are some prettier feed schedules. One for only using the Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt, the other using all the products.

If you don't have any Cal Mag, I'm currently using THIS. Its a powder you dissolve into a gallon of warm water. Makes the same thing as Botanicare's Cal Mag product, but for roughly the same cost of a quart of their product, you get a gallons worth.

You're coming from Advanced Nutrients and are probably a bit shocked that you are using far less product than you had in the past. It's because the Dyna products are about 3x stronger/more concentrated.

EDIT - I noticed after I created the All Products schedule that I miscalculated the estimated EC number for the bloom feed. It should be 1.41 rather than 1.21. But that's all subjective anyway because it depends on your starting water PPM and how much pH Down (or Up) you may need to add is not included in that number.

Here are some prettier feed schedules. One for only using the Foliage Pro and Pro Tekt, the other using all the products.

If you don't have any Cal Mag, I'm currently using THIS. Its a powder you dissolve into a gallon of warm water. Makes the same thing as Botanicare's Cal Mag product, but for roughly the same cost of a quart of their product, you get a gallons worth.

You're coming from Advanced Nutrients and are probably a bit shocked that you are using far less product than you had in the past. It's because the Dyna products are about 3x stronger/more concentrated.

EDIT - I noticed after I created the All Products schedule that I miscalculated the estimated EC number for the bloom feed. It should be 1.41 rather than 1.21. But that's all subjective anyway because it depends on your starting water PPM and how much pH Down (or Up) you may need to add is not included in that number.
Awesome info man I will probably try it out and see how the girls like it. I have the magpro as well as some GH calimagic. Using Cyco platinum ph down. Doesn't take much a couple or few drops from a 16 gauge needle tip per liter at most. My well water is usually around 80-100 ppm and ph 7.6 - 7.9 .. .. I had a pretty complete analysis a couple years ago it's in my purple Kush journal I believe. Though I'm still not exactly sure how to apply the info to my schedule haha.

I based the EC calcs off of 100 ppm water and pH Down normally doesn't contribute too much, so they should be close. I frankly pay more attention to Nitrogen Loading (the amount of the PPMs that come from Nitrogen) more than anything. That's what will burn your plants faster than anything. Below 90 parts Nitrogen they start to yellow (at least in full growth or Bloom mode) and around 150 you start burning tips. If you want to make your head spin with discussions of pH, water alkalinity, and growing media, venture to Shed's Thread. A synopsis of it, your water should be a good match for how Dyna formulates it's fertilizers (the balance of Amoniacal Nitrogen to Nitrate Nitrogen).

PS - the Mag Pro seems pretty acidic, so if and when you start using it, you may not even need to add pH down.

I based the EC calcs off of 100 ppm water and pH Down normally doesn't contribute too much, so they should be close. I frankly pay more attention to Nitrogen Loading (the amount of the PPMs that come from Nitrogen) more than anything. That's what will burn your plants faster than anything. Below 90 parts Nitrogen they start to yellow (at least in full growth or Bloom mode) and around 150 you start burning tips. If you want to make your head spin with discussions of pH, water alkalinity, and growing media, venture to Shed's Thread. A synopsis of it, your water should be a good match for how Dyna formulates it's fertilizers (the balance of Amoniacal Nitrogen to Nitrate Nitrogen).

PS - the Mag Pro seems pretty acidic, so if and when you start using it, you may not even need to add pH down.
Actually I have been following along with that thread. Very interesting indeed. I was thinking the same thing about the match with Dyna gro and the water. We will see what happens!

@PE636 you're gonna crush it is what's gonna happen. You have good lights with your QB, and the feeding is incredibly simple. I gave my son the schedule (FP & PT only) and turned the tent over to him for his first grow. He did quite well and that was before my light upgrade. Pennywise and EastCoastGhost made the switch for the Vaults comparison grows and knocked it out of the park first try. They were running Quantum Boards too. I think Penny used FP, PT, and Mag Pro, Ghost just used the FP and PT. Both had to throw a little Cal Mag at them around week 4.

@PE636 you're gonna crush it is what's gonna happen. You have good lights with your QB, and the feeding is incredibly simple. I gave my son the schedule (FP & PT only) and turned the tent over to him for his first grow. He did quite well and that was before my light upgrade. Pennywise and EastCoastGhost made the switch for the Vaults comparison grows and knocked it out of the park first try. They were running Quantum Boards too. I think Penny used FP, PT, and Mag Pro, Ghost just used the FP and PT. Both had to throw a little Cal Mag at them around week 4.
Awesome I'll have to check that out too.. The Advanced was turning out ok but just too complicated especially keeping N in check in flowering I found.

Don't fear the N. The N reduction in flower is a fallacy. They use as much or more N in flower. This is where I depart from the standard philosophy on growing, along with the common practice of bumping up P. If I were in Salem in 1692 I'd probably be burned alive for being a heritic. I actually target a N-P-K of 5-2-6 during bloom, which doesn't look like any "bloom food" on the market. There's a couple videos by Big Mike from Advanced Nutrients, and a podcast from Dyna Gro, on the first page of my current journal that give you some insight on my methodology.

Forgot to give Preston9mm his due in post #31 for his Plant of the Month with his first Dyna girl.

Day 12. I think I'll be selecting the Hy-1 (center) and the Jack47 on the right. She is just perkier and slightly bigger. Unless things change in the next few days I'll probably see if a buddy wants the other girl.

Major lack of updates in here! I had been super busy with work and then my ph pen shit the bed and almost killed the girls. Got them back on track after losing a week or so but they are looking good now. Have them topped and tied down with a bit of supercropping on a few branches also.. Just switched to 12/12 yesterday!! Pix just after training /feeding....

Day 5 12/12. Things are booming in the tent now. Girls are all happy. Feeding daily 1.5 liters each at 500 ppm (protekt, foliage pro, magpro and a few drops of calimagic) seems to be all they want right now, actually cut back to 400 with less foliage pro and a double watering to hopefully clean up the coco last night as there was just a very slight hint of tip burn and clawing. Anyways on to the pix! You can see a bit of the other Jack47 and a Cream Mandarin auto off to the side. They are going to be be adopted so I will have just the two bigger plants in here in a few days..

Hy-1
Jack47

Hey nice grow! Thanks are going well. I have a setup like yours running and one of my plant looks a bit like yours before flip. I may flip tonight. I ll keep a track on your grow!

I was giving the tent a look over before lights out just now. Have (had!) 2 cream Mandarin auto bagseed going about 25 days old. Here is what I found. Seems to have all appeared in the last 36 hours or so.

Needless to say they have both been pulled from the tent and will getting bagged and then burned in the woodstove tonight after work.

These girls are thirsty! And looking awesome if I must say so... The big Jack47 and Hy-1 were getting 2.6 liters each every 24 hours but that is barely enough now to get a drip of runoff, so they are now getting about 3.9 liters every 24 hours for a good bit of runoff. I had removed a few lower shoots and whatnot a couple days ago so I will try to let them go a while before I get the scissors out again.

Back
Top Bottom