Jackopotomus' Home Depot Bagseed 2017

Jackopotomus

So I am on a real tight budget at the moment so Im building this grow on a homedepot card with 6 months interest free. Today I picked up 4 4ft 2bulb t8 light strips, a 10 pack of daylight deluxe 32w bulbs (6500k 2850 lumens) a 70cfm bathroom exhaust fan, a timer, a thermo/hydrometer, a thermostat, 4 4x8 sheets of durofoam, 4 8ft 2x4s, as well as some miscelaneous hardware such as screws, ducting, etc.

I know that this set-up is not going to be the most effective but it should be able to yield some decent bud between now and when I save the money to invest in a proper set up, ie. HID lighting, good genetics etc. When that day comes I figure this box will serve as an appropriate veg chamber.

I just told the people at Home Depot that I was starting plants indoors for my veggie garden and they were quite helpful in finding all of my odd requests.

I intend to build the box 2x6x7 but will only be growing under a 2x4 section. The other 2 sq/ft will be for fans and just extra space to help keep heat down. The box will be in a well insulated basement with the exhaust fan vented out a nearby window.

While I want to go to a living organic soil at some point for this grow Im gonna stick to something a little more idiot proof, probably pro-mix. But before I get anywhere near poping beans I am going to get my environment in order. Tomorrow I'll get started a post some pics may do a little you tube video as well. Any feedback from you guys wouldbe great and anyone who can share harvest reports on a similar t8 system would be cool. I am hoping to harvest at least 2oz in 4 months more would be better. So far I have 1 32w 2850lumen bulb per sq/ft, for a total of 256w of lighting.

Sorry for taking a couple days to post, been working on the set up and plans changed as they often do. So instead of building a box out of durofoam I have retrofitted the space under my stairs. Lights and exhaust are mounted, temperature seems to be staying below 80 degrees. 76.4 was the highest it got after about 17 hours lights on. Still have to go around and spray foam the cracks but the basic set up is in place.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom