Jack's Land Of The RDWC Autos!

it's kinda become like that up here now. the police don't hassel the homeowners. :)

my mom keeps opening the door to their space to let the aroma out. she likes it. we installed fancy fan and filters so the neighbours aren't annoyed, and she negates it all lol :p

walk around their street and you'll nose out at least another 6 places the same. it's an established neighbourhood with mostly older people. :bongrip:
That rocks man wished I lived on ur block lol

Kinda, but it was all good. I didn't really care, but I wasn't really awake enough (or in the mood) to have to give a tour of the garden at 7:30 in the morning. First point of interest on the tour would be the big, framed license on the wall though. :rofl:

Did the change Saturday and was at half strength (1ml/gal). The pH has behaved a little better, but still the same pattern. It was initially set at 5.6, and was up to 6.2 yesterday morning. Gave the 20gal res 1ml/gal of pH down, and it was 5.7. Did the same thing last night, and again this morning. So that's 60ml of pH down so far. Granted that's about cut in half of what it was, and it's not spiking out so high (a couple times on bigger doses I caught it pushing 7.0) now. It might go above range if I left it go, but it would have taken a lot longer than it had been.

Since MC already has a little silica in it (although I'd like a little more), I may skip the extra. If the pattern holds, I'll probably need to shoot the res with another 20ml of down this evening, and tomorrow it should be alright. That would make for 80ml total. I guess that isn't terrible, and pretty much about a liter every 10 weeks.
Hells yeah brother I will be adding it ASAP to my recipe

Hells yeah brother I will be adding it ASAP to my recipe

Long as you know what to watch for, and have down, you’ll be good.

I think at 1ml/gal it’s ok. Is it enough to be of benefit? That part I dunno. But at least at that level (half the recommended dose on the bottle) it’s manageable in a res.

I sprung for a blue lab guardian for my hydro setup, and while it’s offline I’m borrowing it for my Lab res. Makes it way easier to see/adjust the pH.

It was pricey, but damn it is so worth having hooked to a res.

I think at 1ml/gal it’s ok. Is it enough to be of benefit? That part I dunno. But at least at that level (half the recommended dose on the bottle) it’s manageable in a res.

I sprung for a blue lab guardian for my hydro setup, and while it’s offline I’m borrowing it for my Lab res. Makes it way easier to see/adjust the pH.

It was pricey, but damn it is so worth having hooked to a res.
Yeah man I’ve Ben wanted to pick one up make life muchooo easier but man keep me updated cuz I’m goin to def pull the trigger on the rino skin

I know a gallon is cheaper in the long run, but maybe try a liter (or even half liter) first. That way you're not blowin a franklin on something that collects dust.

At 28ml/water change, a half liter should get you through a grow with 1ml/gal.

I know a gallon is cheaper in the long run, but maybe try a liter (or even half liter) first. That way you're not blowin a franklin on something that collects dust.

At 28ml/water change, a half liter should get you through a grow with 1ml/gal.
ThNks man ur my science guy u rap ur head around shyt n figure it out thanks for giving me some light since we planning on running mc for a wile

ThNks man ur my science guy u rap ur head around shyt n figure it out thanks for giving me some light since we planning on running mc for a wile

You're welcome. Any time fam. Happy to help ya when I can. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll keep on with MC for sure. No point not to, really. Works damn well, don't cost shit. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah man I agree with ya love mc I def love learning to better my garden off experience n note taking I’m not not that kinda guy between my huge fam n my shop I can’t believe I have times for my girls

Note taking is a good thing. Those little boards I picked up a few weeks ago have been workin great for notes on the mixes I have going, as well as other tidbits.

I need something other than just text files on my computer for long term notes. Still thinking that one through though.

What size res you runnin? I’ve had a big of a pH fight with my 20gal. 98.3% sure it the rhino skin though.
If you use Silica, it MUST be added to your water first. Then, give the system quite a while to normalize. I usually change my nutes, add RO, add Si, and let it run overnight. The longer the better. I then add Calmag. Then Micro since I use a 3 part base. Silica can make your pH do the hula, but for me, adding everything slowly helps a lot. Gh Armor Si will give you a pH of 11. You need to pH immediately after adding it to a clean res. I pHed mine in a seperate bucket. My water right now is basically from the tap as my RO needs new membranes. So I added Silica (im using Power Si) to my res the other day... it clouded up like an immediate lock out situation... that was in water with a PPM of 125, I was very surprised. This is my first season with this product. I will say its working... my plants are doing fairly well, you can see its the Silica. The plant leaves are more robust, stalks are good size, roots are plentiful, but the true benefit of Silica is the resistance to environmental conditions. I have a double ended HPS and a CMH. The tops have been inside the reflectors of the lights basically within 8 inches from the CMH bulb runnong at 315 watts, and about a foot or so from the HPS bulb running at 875watts.... without any burn, wilting, drying at all. Yesterday I went in my room at it was 90 degrees. I had turned the air off due to a cool evening. The plants were great.

The easiest product I've used is from Botanicare called Silca Blast. Super simple, relatively cheap, but its kinda weak by comparison. Facilitor was one of the best, but its a problem child, and VERY expensive.

If you don't use Silica try it. Use it for a full season, one hit isn't gonna do it. You will see larger, tougher plants. The cell walls will becomes stronger and tighter. This will lessen the gap between the surface cells which will cut your chances for pathogens like powdery mildew, Spider mites and other issues. The circulatory system, the Phloem and Xylem will be larger and much more efficient. Simply put... better plants. I try to grow big plants. I couldnt do it without Silica.

Sorry Vortex... i felt chatty

What a great looking room. Dude your grows are so dialed. Beautiful!
Thanks brother can u belive I haven’t checked ph evrey run it’s better man

If you use Silica, it MUST be added to your water first. Then, give the system quite a while to normalize. I usually change my nutes, add RO, add Si, and let it run overnight. The longer the better. I then add Calmag. Then Micro since I use a 3 part base. Silica can make your pH do the hula, but for me, adding everything slowly helps a lot. Gh Armor Si will give you a pH of 11. You need to pH immediately after adding it to a clean res. I pHed mine in a seperate bucket. My water right now is basically from the tap as my RO needs new membranes. So I added Silica (im using Power Si) to my res the other day... it clouded up like an immediate lock out situation... that was in water with a PPM of 125, I was very surprised. This is my first season with this product. I will say its working... my plants are doing fairly well, you can see its the Silica. The plant leaves are more robust, stalks are good size, roots are plentiful, but the true benefit of Silica is the resistance to environmental conditions. I have a double ended HPS and a CMH. The tops have been inside the reflectors of the lights basically within 8 inches from the CMH bulb runnong at 315 watts, and about a foot or so from the HPS bulb running at 875watts.... without any burn, wilting, drying at all. Yesterday I went in my room at it was 90 degrees. I had turned the air off due to a cool evening. The plants were great.

The easiest product I've used is from Botanicare called Silca Blast. Super simple, relatively cheap, but its kinda weak by comparison. Facilitor was one of the best, but its a problem child, and VERY expensive.

If you don't use Silica try it. Use it for a full season, one hit isn't gonna do it. You will see larger, tougher plants. The cell walls will becomes stronger and tighter. This will lessen the gap between the surface cells which will cut your chances for pathogens like powdery mildew, Spider mites and other issues. The circulatory system, the Phloem and Xylem will be larger and much more efficient. Simply put... better plants. I try to grow big plants. I couldnt do it without Silica.

Sorry Vortex... i felt chatty

I'd love to let my res water sit for a day with just silica, but it isn't really doable for me.

Here's my mix routine for my 20 gal res on my Lab tent. I start shortly after the first feed cycle of the day completes around 8am.

1) Drain res, vac out the little leftover the pump didn't get.

2) Wipe down res, inspect, clean, maintenance as needed.

3) Fill res with 20 gal of RO.

4) Add rhino skin, mix in, and let it sit. (It's usually about 8:30 or so at this point.)

5) Between 1:30 and 2:00, I go back and add calmag and mix in. Wait 5 more minutes.

6) I pull out about 4 gallons from the res and put in a bucket, then add my base nutes. Mix it well in the bucket and then blend the bucket into the res.

7) Add supplements, if any, one at a time.

8) Adjust pH (when the res is naturally rising, I set it as close to 5.5 as I can. when naturally falling, I set it as close to 6.5 as I can.)

9) Add the res goodies (Z7, hydroguard, whatever I'm using at the time.)

Ends up being close to 2:30 when it's all said and done, which is 15 minutes before the next feed cycle starts.

Here's the setup for that, just for reference:

- Lights are set for 18/6. (6am-12am)

- I run 3 feeding/recirc/top-off/whatever you wanna call it cycles per day.

- Recirc pump for the res turns on 15 minutes before the main pump, to make sure everything is all stirred up, and turns off 15 min after the main pump.

First cycle runs from 6:45-7:30, main pump runs from 7:00-7:15.

Second cycle runs from 2:45-3:30, main pump from 3:00-3:15.

Third cycle runs from 10:45-11:30, main pump from 11:00-11:15.

As they're finishing up/done with the stretch now, and will start drinking a good bit more, I will be changing the above 3 cycles to either 4 or 6. Haven't really decided yet.

The single bucket in my Dev Lab is just a seedling and its already set at 6x/day, but mainly because it's a mechanical timer for that pump and I really didn't want to jack with it. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom