Jack's Smack - Critical Kush - Chocolope in Hydro

re: Jack's Smack - Critical Kush - Chocolope in Hydro

Tonight I am trimming and jaring or paper bagging depending on the dryness. Basement is 58% humidity now so slow dry in progress but want to get it even. Don't want to wait for buds to get crispy and over-dried

Scarfinger I was like you. But when you wash your buds. You can see the bugs in the water. And any nutrients that would have touched the leaves. Or in my case. I have 2 dogs and despite my best efforts I find hair in my grow room all the time. Washing the buds is a great way to clean them off.

Since we are talking bud washing. I found this in a friends blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bud View Post

I'm glad to see people are adopting my bud washing technique!

Yes, I "invented" it. I shared it with you folks here on 420....and nowhere else. I've never met, spoken to, or heard about anyone else doing it before I tried it.....and I enjoy freaking people out by putting fresh buds in a bucket of water....

But as many have said here, the results speak for themselves!

Let me put it to you like this:

Let's say I grew lettuce, cucumbers, tomatos and carrots in my basement. It's dusty down there, I've got fans flowing all around....battled with some PM, had some mites.....every now and then I get some rot or other disease on my plants....bugs flying around, dead skin cells, hair.....and I spray the plants with compost tea, fish fertilizer, kelp meal, etc.

So, you wanna come over for a salad? We'll just pull the veggies out of the ground, plop 'em in a bowl and start eating! No need to wash.....right?

The first time you wash your harvest and see all that brown crap left behind you'll begin to see the light! Then, when you smoke your first washed harvest, you'll understand.

For those who are new to this, here's my method:

4 buckets total. (5 gallon buckets are perfect)

Bucket 1: 3 parts RO water to 1 part 3% H202.
Bucket 2: 5 gallons of RO with 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Lemon Juice
Buckets 3 and 4: RO only.

Cut down plants, pull off fan leaves by hand, remove any necrotic leaves. Leave sugar leaves and anything with frosting on the plant.

Fully submerge in bucket 1 (H2O2) for 30 seconds. Submerge for a full minute if you had ANY sign of PM or bud rot. Let water drip from buds and then.....

Fully submerge in buckets 2 through 4 for 30 seconds each...lightly agitating the whole time.

Allow produce to drip dry. You can blow a fan on it if you like, just make sure it's blowing clean air.

Hang and dry per usual.

Final manicure of buds is best done after they dry. It goes very fast and you're left with washed, highly resinous trim....makes superb joints. I'm also educating my customers to select untrimmed buds, which are actually better than the manicured ones because they still have sugar leaves attached. The trichomes in the leaves have more THC than those in the buds.....so it's good to get the whole spectrum in there.

I give instructions for this in my journals, as I do it every single week, on every single harvest. Once you try it, you'll never go back.

This works so well for a couple reasons:

1. takes off dirt, foliar sprays, bugs, fiberglass dust, etc.
2. fully hydrates the leaves, allowing photosynthesis to occur for a day or two on cut and trimmed buds. I recommend leaving a light on the buds for the first day or two after washing.
This results in very, dense, clean burning, smooth tasting produce! That's the basic recipe....and I'm tweaking and changing it all the time.

Warning: Do NOT use an "organic produce wash" that is based on oils! They sell these in grocery stores and health food stores, and while they might be good for lettuce and cukes....the oil removes resin from the plants.....don't use it!

Water will not harm resin....oil can and does.

Anyone who wants to know more about my methods is welcome to ask me about them anytime!

Yes that's the method we are using.

image26134.jpg

Just waiting for last jar to get down to 62% will weigh soon.

In the mean time here is the next generation in the 2x6 cabinet
image26579.jpg
image26578.jpg

And the generation after that in the 2x4
image26580.jpg

Please ignore the untidy wires as I am still finalizing stuff then will tie then down.
Working great though :cool:

For the jacks smack have sampled it now too. It has a strong lemon pepper smell and taste and is very strong. Need to continue sampling to understand it better ;-)

These seeds are also just harvested so suggest a 2 month wait in a dry place before germination. They look good but it is my understanding that unless you age them a little they do not have a good germination rate

Back
Top Bottom