JadeLotus First Stealth Grow!

JadeLotus

Hello Everyone! This is my first attempt at growing. It has to be super stealthy. :D Any help and pointers would be appreciated!

What strain is it? Unknown, but it came from some good smoke!

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? I sprouted a bag seed 4 days ago!

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor and super stealthy
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? I mixed 1 part Perlite and 2 parts Organic soil with fert. The soil is some Organic stuff I found at a local store. I heard many bad things on MG so I decided this was the best alternative.
If soil... What size pot? Currently a tiny one.

Size of light? 23W CFL until my new one comes in the mail.
Is it aircooled? No

Im currently waiting on my temp gauge and new lights that are coming in the mail. I will build a cabinet as soon as I get paid so for now "she" is living in a cardboard box with paper taped to the sides. I sprouted her using one of those jiffy expanding discs and roots were already starting to show so I transplanted this morning into a small clay pot.

image9219.jpg

Nice going so far! Be sure to keep the light as close as possible without burning your plant. Since cfls don't put off a dangerous amount of heat, you should be able to get it pretty close. 2-4 inches should be fine. If possible, add more light. What is the size of your new CFL? Im pretty sure by now she could use some more light. Imo, MG has its downsides but if its all you can afford it can and will work. I grew my first two grows using MG and I got some pretty killer bud. Its the time release ferts that everyone hates so much. Like I said, I wouldn't recommend it but if it's all you have, it will get you a decent harvest. :) Happy 420 Easter brother! Stay green! :thumb:

New light is 85w 6500 lumens. It's a photography cfl. It puts off decent heat and is about 7" long. Since my hubby hasn't put my new cabinet together she is still living in a cardboard box :) the light is currently 3" away. I don't dare get closer since I don't have a fan yet. I also had to transplant this morning since roots were starting to come out of the bottom of the pot. :thanks: all advice is welcome!

Happy 420 and a Blessed Easter to you Jade! I'm subbed up and ready to watch! I haven't started my first grow yet, so I can't answer a lot of questions... but I'm a good cheerleader!!! :cheer: She's a cutie! Have you thought about how long you'll keep her in veg before you flip her? When I start my grow I will be using only autoflowers. Happy growing and welcome aboard!!! :welcome::green_heart:

That is how my brother SweetLeef (here on 420) got started, with a bag seed! You should check out his journal. His first grow was very much like yours is going to be. He has started his 2nd grow and is doing both TGA Supersoil and ebb and flow. Check 'em out if interested and enjoy!!

My poor plant is having a rough day. Power is out! Had a huge storm roll through. Will it hurt my plant??

Depends if the plant should be in daylight right now , if so even a window on a gloomy day is better than the dark. Subbed!

Looking good Jade! Sorry about the power outage. We've had heavy wind and rain but nothing close to knocking out the power. The river behind my house however...it's getting pretty full!

Back
Top Bottom