JakeWilde - LED - Soil - 2 Photo Period OPs - Toxic Ripper - Kera Cherry Grapefruit

JakeWilde

Hello again my fellow growers!

I posted my first journal a couple harvests back and I have had enormous luck since then due to these forums and the education I have received. I have been gradually upgrading my 2 grow systems and I'm really happy with the set up now. These two ops will be 2 plants each in a 2 x 3 x 5 tent and the equipment for the ops is as follows:

Op 1 Toxic Ripper Tent

96 x 3w LED Reflector Series from Mars.
2 5-gallon pots w/drip pan
5 inch Honeywell fan
6" 250 cfm inline exhaust fan
6" duct
6"x24" Carbon Filter
2 4.5 Gallon Pots
9 x 19.5 inch seed mat by HydroGalaxy
Fox Farms Ocean Blend soil.
General Hydroponics suite of nutes and PH kit

Op 2 Kera Cherry Grapefruit Tent

The only real deviation between the two ops is that this op has two LED lights consisting of:
48 x 3w LED Reflector Series from Mars
100 x 3w LED Old Mars Model.

To bring everyone up to speed -

The seedlings from Herbie's are 10 days old. I germinated them in a warm area in paper towels between saucers. This method always works very well for me. I planted them in solo cups at almost 48 hours after germination start. I usually plant directly to their big pot, but a friend does his this way so I thought I'd see if there is any detriment or benefit. They also seemed to be going slow so I bought a seed mat. The area they are in can have the floor get very cold and this has brought the temps to a comfortable 70-77 degrees in Op 1.

I just transplanted both sets of plants to their final systems/tents. They are vegging on an 18/6 cycle for now and look to be very healthy. I'll have some pics up in the next day or so.

Thanks,
Jake

Re: JakeWilde - LED - Soil - 2 Photo Period OPs - Toxic Ripper - Kera Cherry Grapefru

Day 12

I gave them their first bit of nutes at 1/3 strength to both ops. I bought an HM Digital PH-80 meter a while back and I'm keeping the ph specifically at 6.5. I love the meter because I had no idea adding the nutes to water lowered the ph as much as it did. It was still within a tolerable ph level, but not one conducive to maximizing growth. Overall I am happy with the start.
ToxicRipper_day12.jpg
KeraCherryGrapefruit_day12.jpg

Re: JakeWilde - LED - Soil - 2 Photo Period OPs - Toxic Ripper - Kera Cherry Grapefru

I have added Super Thrive to both ops and I'm alternating watering feeding according to soil need. I also bought some molasses I will start to use sparingly. I switched the light systems also due to one op running a bit warmer than the other. The 2 LED lights I moved to the cooler room as they generate more heat. Temperatures have been a steady 70-82 F in both ops since moving them.

Day 34:

I thinned them out today and they will get a feeding, I have been really busy lately so I'm trying to make sure I update more regularly soon and visit some other journals. Everything is looking good, but one plant had a bit of stunted growth. I thought it was due to the airflow so I moved the plants and it reacted like that was its impediment. I moved the plants around and they have had a more even growth.

Thanks a lot for stopping by Antics.

I'm going to put them into flower in 2 days. I have new pics coming in a little bit. Have a great day everyone! :volcano-smiley:

What's the light distance from the plants?

You'll also get some more visitors by visiting other grow journals and commenting there :thumb:

Distance has been 12 to 18 inches. Any time the light gets closer, it starts to burn leaves. I will visit other journals bro, this isn't my first journal or grow, I'm just extremely busy until summer or I'd spend more time even on my journal cuz its a mess. I plan to set aside time in the next day or so to see everyone's progress and journals and update mine with some semblance of coherence. hehe

They did go into a 12/12 light cycle today day 36. I vegged them a tad longer because of the really cold weather we had when they were seedlings. Heat mats corrected the cold and the plants are looking great. Pics as soon as the battery on the camera charges. I did pluck a lot of leaves today that were blocking any potential bud sight and I will be tying branches for spread and also supercropping. I will be megacropping clones in a little over a week into flower.

peace,
Jake

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom