Jamaican Dreams

You inspire me with your gorgeous plants, Sue! :circle-of-love: I just might use that spare 2' x 4' closet for one of the mothers.

Does CBD Yummy like going horizontal? If so, I should start their training this week, while they are supple enough.

If Yummy prefers to grow up, I'll take one of my AK 48 clones, which tend to lean over anyway, and let her spread her wings.

I've never grown one myself AKgramma. With some good wiring you can make any plant behave. I was lucky enough to have Dale's bonsai wire around with this Jamaican. Without the extreme training she endured she would've had to be culled. As it is, she's turned into a lovely mutant. :laughtwo:

Her clone got potted up today. Eventually she'll have the entire bathroom to grow out without any restriction, if I can help it. I want her to grow free, with minimal training.

IMG_461217.JPG

She's seated safely away from the lights until she gets her feet under her. I'll start moving her up closer tomorrow, moving in small steps.

IMG_461416.JPG

I plan to finish her in a 7-gallon pot.

Day 36 of flower, a good two weeks from the CATs.

IMG_49759.JPG

IMG_497611.JPG

IMG_497812.JPG

She smells like fresh fruit salad. :slide:

These are from Friday (Day 115, flip + 39) Looks to me like she's got about two weeks to go, but I have no idea really.

IMG_51478.JPG

IMG_51519.JPG

IMG_51486.JPG

IMG_51524.JPG

IMG_51567.JPG

Her clone got topped last week, and got her first real drench today. After consulting with Doc I went with an Energy. This is a vigorous specimen who's obviously grabbed hold of the soil.

She's all of 28 days old, 15 of them in soil.

IMG_532411.JPG

Already showing those fake leaves. :laughtwo:

IMG_532613.JPG

I had 1 go 8 weeks and 1 go 11. The one that went 11 was the cbd dominate plant. How far along is that one?

That's very helpful Neiko. She's at 7 weeks now. Three to four more to go. Looking at her I think three is more realistic, though I intend to give her all the time she needs.

Do you have test results on your two? Did I miss that somewhere, or haven't you posted them? Did yours smell like tropical fruit salad?

She's absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see how the clone does unrestricted.

I had them both tested and no I didn't post them. I can't figure out how to upload pdf's. I got a new phone and haven't figured out how to do a screen shot. The THC plant came in at about 9% thc but I think that was a bunk test. Everyone that has had it thinks it's about 17%, it was super frosty. It's really good. The 2nd one came in at 4 thc and 7 cbd with 14% overall.
They both smelled the same to me and a fruit salad sounds about right. It brought back the memories of Jamaica when I smelled it so it must smell like it did in Jamaica.

I had them both tested and no I didn't post them. I can't figure out how to upload pdf's. I got a new phone and haven't figured out how to do a screen shot. The THC plant came in at about 9% thc but I think that was a bunk test. Everyone that has had it thinks it's about 17%, it was super frosty. It's really good. The 2nd one came in at 4 thc and 7 cbd with 14% overall.
They both smelled the same to me and a fruit salad sounds about right. It brought back the memories of Jamaica when I smelled it so it must smell like it did in Jamaica.

Do you have any idea why one came out so high in CBD? Was there any difference in the way you raised them? It was the longer running of the two. Interesting.

I was under the impression that to get more CBD you harvested a little earlier. This appears to defy that reasoning.

Do you have any idea why one came out so high in CBD? Was there any difference in the way you raised them? It was the longer running of the two. Interesting.

I was under the impression that to get more CBD you harvested a little earlier. This appears to defy that reasoning.

I don't think flowering period had anything to do with the cbd content, I think it is just the genetics. Purer strains tend to show more cbd because it hasn't been bred out. I liken it to a phenotype. Just like with the hybrids you get different terps, flowering durations and potency from the same strain. They were definitely the same strain...they had the same growth pattern and structure. The cbd plant had a touch of purple in the buds too.

I don't think flowering period had anything to do with the cbd content, I think it is just the genetics. Purer strains tend to show more cbd because it hasn't been bred out. I liken it to a phenotype. Just like with the hybrids you get different terps, flowering durations and potency from the same strain. They were definitely the same strain...they had the same growth pattern and structure. The cbd plant had a touch of purple in the buds too.

I'll watch for those characteristics. I noticed this morning that her smell had changed, ever so slightly. She's in week 7 now, so we're close, no matter what.

I love the fact that you take note of these subtleties and have plants tested. Very helpful Neiko. Can't wait to taste this one. She makes me drool every time I walk into the Spa. :laughtwo:

The cbd plant had a touch of purple in the buds too.

I got more than a touch of color Neiko. Can you email me the test results? I'll pm you the address.

IMG_543310.JPG

She's still actively blooming. Looks like three more weeks to me. I believe I've found my CBD-dominant sativa. What a marvelous piece of cosmic orchestration this was, eh? :laughtwo:

Harvest: Jamaican Bag Seed (Day 138, flip + 62

She turned out to be a real hearty one and never got a spot of the powdery mildew a couple of her roommates contracted. It was so satisfying to bring this girl to harvest. I got really excited when Neiko pointed out that his purple one was the one high in CBD. I've been looking for a CBD-dominant sativa, and it appears I got my desire in the most unexpected way. :slide:

IMG_59118.JPG

Beautifully colorful and fragrant flowers. :dreamy:

IMG_591212.JPG

All of them covered in the heartiest trichomes I've seen. The caps were almost complete balls, they were so swollen with oil.

IMG_591810.JPG

I put 108 grams into the bags to dry low and slo. I'm anticipating 1.25 ounces dry. It'll be two full weeks before I taste any.

IMG_59409.JPG

Her clone got the prime real estate under the quantum boards when I moved Devil's Carnival out of veg and into the Spa to begin flowering.

IMG_592511.JPG

IMG_593115.JPG

In the Jar

The first Jamaican is dry enough to jar up. She brought in more than an ounce and a half. :slide:

IMG_62459.JPG

Ten days in the fridge in paper bags. The space is now open for the Blue Dream I'm taking down on Friday.

IMG_624613.JPG

I just checked, and the jar's at about 68% RH. I'll leave it overnight and adjust with rice tomorrow.

I kept this tiny bud out for the evening. I won't be able to give a good description of her effects until next week. I have too much in my system to be able to separate the experience out. :laughtwo:

IMG_623910.JPG

IMG_62549.JPG

That's the first one. The clone may get her finish pot tomorrow. Then again, it may wait until after my birthday. :laughtwo:

Neiko's Lab Results

The first one is the green pheno.

IMG_2692.PNG

IMG_2691.PNG

The next one is the purple pheno we both grew.

IMG_2693.PNG

IMG_2695.PNG

My current clone of the purple pheno. She just got upcanned into 5 gallons.

IMG_629610.JPG

She'll have more space in there after I flip the CBD CC tomorrow and rearrange the shelf again. This one had some of the healthiest roots of any plant I've grown in fabric pots. :slide:

IMG_629312.JPG

She does not enjoy being drenched. :laughtwo:

IMG_63069.JPG

We discovered the other day that the Jamaican I grew thinking it was for me was really for my daughter. Hits the daughter with the relaxation of an indica - more profoundly than anything else I have ever shared with her - and the clear-minded focus of a sativa.

She came over, eyes brightly expectant, handed me the vaporizer, and asked if she could get a refil of the Jamaican. I loaded it up and handed it back to her. She fires it up and takes the first draw, sits back contentedly, and says "F**K yeah, that's it." Every hit after that was accompanied by a little sigh of contentment. When she looks over at the vaporizer it's with a look of affection. Lol!

:laughtwo: All the way to Jamaica to find the chemovar that hits all the right chords for her, and it's one that can't be purchased anywhere. She's absolutely blown away by how her body responds to this plant. Two hits in and she begins a low-level vibration, very much in description from what I get from the DDAs.

I'll be growing this one for a long time.

Neiko, have you ever seen another chemovar that grows the way these did? I was also wondering if the terpene profile for the purple pheno is representational of other sativas you've grown. Watching the daughter smoke it for the first time I was convinced it was an indica. The way her entire body relaxes is very similar to what happens right before couch lock, but she says it's not like that at all. She's able to focus and be productive, something she hasn't been able to do with the indicas.

This is the sativa I was hoping to stumble upon for her. She needs constant medication to keep the anxiety and panic at bay, but indicas were turning her into the stereotype of a lazy stoner. A couple weeks of this delicious medicine and she may find herself doing things again. She loves the clarity of thought.

Looks like I'm still looking for mine. :cheesygrinsmiley: Carnival still takes the cake for me, but a CBD sativa that lights me up the way hers does would be nice.

Starting to get excited. :slide:

My first clone of her, at Day 61. I finally got her under the 3500 Timber Citizen COBs in the Spa. She was looking rough there for a spell, and Hash Hound figured out it was because she wasn't drying out fast enough on the veg shelf. She's had a couple Destress foliars and a good Trans drench, and this morning she had a Brix foliar. Her color has dramatically improved and she's beginning to pray. All good signs.

IMG_69058.JPG

IMG_69069.JPG

IMG_68786.JPG

IMG_687910.JPG

This is such primitive genetics that it grows actual bark. These are solid branches, that hold up against the winds. Makes sense, coming from an island environment. The raw nature of the genetics fascinates me, and the effect it's having on my daughter is almost magical. Her body seems to be going into a new healing mode. This isn't a matter of a chemovar that feels good to use, this is an almost perfect match to her ECS.

IMG_690712.JPG

I feel humbled to have the opportunity to play with this chemovar. Thinking about the cosmic orchestration that occured so that I'd even have access to it makes my head spin.

I'm glad it's working well for her. I don't see anything in the terpene profile that says it's a sativa strain. What it is high in is caryophllene and humulene. Tangerine Dream from Barney's Farm has a similiar profile regarding those 2 terps. I have noticed those 2 terpenes tend to show up together and aren't dominate in many strains I've done. I tend to like strains that are high in those 2 terps.

I can't see much of a pattern in terps with sativas. The popular thinking is strains high Myrecene are indica dominate. That's is definitely not true. Malawi's main terp is Myrecene along with a few others I've tested. The only really sativa dominate terp I see is Terpinolene. Tikal is a good example of a strain high in Terpinolene, Durban Poison has it too. Terpinolene has that "sativa" smell I get from the pure sativas. The Jamaican has no terpinolene in it. I feel it's a hybrid that has stabilized in the Jamaican soil.

I'm glad it's working well for her. I don't see anything in the terpene profile that says it's a sativa strain. What it is high in is caryophllene and humulene. Tangerine Dream from Barney's Farm has a similiar profile regarding those 2 terps. I have noticed those 2 terpenes tend to show up together and aren't dominate in many strains I've done. I tend to like strains that are high in those 2 terps.

I can't see much of a pattern in terps with sativas. The popular thinking is strains high Myrecene are indica dominate. That's is definitely not true. Malawi's main terp is Myrecene along with a few others I've tested. The only really sativa dominate terp I see is Terpinolene. Tikal is a good example of a strain high in Terpinolene, Durban Poison has it too. Terpinolene has that "sativa" smell I get from the pure sativas. The Jamaican has no terpinolene in it. I feel it's a hybrid that has stabilized in the Jamaican soil.
Of the bagseed from Jamaican I have grown out . Most appear 50/50 mix to 60/40 sat/ind mix . Maybe 1 of 15 show some sativa in flower. They are really crossing with European and American commercial strains. As I saw on a documentary from strainhunters in Jamaica.

I'd figured she was sativa based on her structure, so thank you Neiko. You have the most experience among us with testing. I sometimes think we should have a fund to help you pay for them. As far as I know you're the one most interested in knowing what's in your flowers and concentrates.

I'm just beginning to pay closer attention to the terpene profiles, but living in a state that won't be giving us testing opportunities means I rely on you more.

I'll be alert to combinations of caryophyllen and humulene. I have some of Canna and Nis's Tangie, and I think I know the scent you speak of. Hmmm..... I'll have to ask her if theirs was Barney's Farm. I remember noting a scent reminiscent of the Jamaican when I was busting open Tangie buds a couple nights ago.

I really like this combination of terpenes too. I'm staying away from the Jamaican until I have another harvest in, but I'd like to play with a mix, adding in something a little higher in THC. I'm thinking I could use it as part of a custom oil mix for me. I keep forgetting I grow for me too. :laughtwo:

The branches fascinate me Neiko. Have you ever seen a cannabis chemovar grow bark on the branches like this one does?

Of the bagseed from Jamaican I have grown out . Most appear 50/50 mix to 60/40 sat/ind mix . Maybe 1 of 15 show some sativa in flower. They are really crossing with European and American commercial strains. As I saw on a documentary from strainhunters in Jamaica.

I met a grower while I was there and he was as happy breeding his charges together as we all are here in our digital streets. :laughtwo: I found myself wondering how good the record-keeping was, and I was left with that sense that there's not many strains available that're pure anymore. I have a feeling this particular genetic makeup isn't too far from its roots.

IMG_70787.JPG

Back
Top Bottom