JamesNns - Auto Fem Northern Lights - Look Up - It's Beautiful

Jamesnns

This is my second ever grow.
Soil. Fox Farm Ocean Forest. 30% Vermiculite mix
3 gallon pot after germination.
Nutes. Fox Farm. Big Bloom, Grow big
Water. Tap water Ph'd to 6.5
Lights. CFL mixed. 23W 1800-2300 lumens as needed
Grow area. Utility room with creative shelving and adjustable lighting.
Accurite Temp/Humidity gauge.
Seeds. CKS Auto Fem Northern Lights

For time ans space constraints and the continuation of my other plant thats in flowering stage, Ill be starting with just one auto fem plant for now

Germination starts today at 3PM. 15 hours in water then transferred to the paper towel method until tap roots show. Then planted in the 3 gallon pot.

Pics to follow. (Because everybody likes seeing a seed at the bottom of a glass of water)

re: JamesNns & Auto Fem Northern Lights - Look Up, It's eautiful.

Heres the start...

If Susan (Named by my kid) hasnt sunk in an hour, Ill give her a nudge.

cup3.JPG

re: JamesNns & Auto Fem Northern Lights - Look Up - It's Beautiful

Here's susan. Now its the waitin game for tap roots to pop.
paper_towel1.JPG

And heres her pot, waiting. Its a 5 gallon, not a 3 gallon..who knew..lol?
photo_1598.JPG

Ill post back when I see tap roots and shes planted.

I'm in for this. Doing an Auto grow now, as well.
What kind of lighting are you going to use?

Im using CFL lighting and will continue the same . My grow area is being rebuilt in a about 2 weeks though.
Adding more lighting, venting and making room for more plants. Right now i have room for 3 max. I will be doubling that. As I dont have venting at the moment, thats why I went with Northern Ligts as I read they dont smell as much.

So..right now I hve 7 23w cfls going. ^ on my big plant thats in blooming stage and Im starting with one when the NL sprouts and then adding as needed.

Gotchaa. Yeah, I have a 3x3 tent and with my fans, I doubt I'd be able to fit more than 4 plants(it's gonna be difficult introducing the 4th one, honestly).

Im going to be in trouble soon too....My other plant just started flowering and I have about 8" left in verticle space. My guess is Ill need another 2 feet. Im using a shelf right now..I can remove another shelf to lower everything but its a pita to do. My budddy whos rebuilding this arrives in 9 days..we will see. If I have to do a short remodel I will.
I really didnt think enough the first time around,..Ive learned a LOT..still am.

As far as the lighting goes, the plan is to have 4 cfls together, 4 banks of them, each one independent of each other for height adjustments. And adding a 4' cfl for the sides. And a hood reflector, and a vent, and an intake.
We may actually build a tent in there using Panda. Im not sure yet. My buddy is in home construction, so Im in good hands
Thats the plan anyway

Sounds good.
I would DEFINITELY start trying to tie branches over. Or getting a screen set up, no matter how small, keep everything underneath it, and you'll be rewarded with nice even sized colas, in a canopy.

It's always an option!

My eye surgery yesterday went well..woke up this am and I can see..kind of.

Anyway Susan has a one mm taproot.

YEAH!.

Ive changed my mind about planrting directly into the 5 gallon pot. Ill be starting with a small Solo cup, the a 1 qt pot, then the 5 gallon.

My eye surgery yesterday went well..woke up this am and I can see..kind of.

Anyway Susan has a one mm taproot.

YEAH!.

Ive changed my mind about planrting directly into the 5 gallon pot. Ill be starting with a small Solo cup, the a 1 qt pot, then the 5 gallon.

Why the decision to multi transplant, just curious? Alot of auto growers strongly suggest final pot to begin with. From what I gather, an autos life cycle, being predetermined, should be undisrupted as much as possible. A day of recuperating is a day lost in Bud production. Am I missing something?

Congrats on eye surgery! Seeing is nice!

Yeh....Ive read the same thing, then a very experienced grower here told me otherwise...but shes never grown an auto.
What she said made sense, so does what you say....
If I had room for another plant..Id run two of them..one straight into a 5 gallon, the other transplanted and compare

Im confused about this.

As far as autos go, everyone I'm familiar with says final pot for one reason-you stunt their 2 week veg time to get big, and you're going to regret it horribly the 3 weeks of pre flowering.

Back
Top Bottom