Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Jandre, I'm working my way through your first test (excellent test, by the way - much impressed) and found myself wondering about using the light with autos. I couldn't find anything in the grow room covering autos under LEDs, (a cursory glance) and certainly nothing with this particular model. With photo flowering strains YOU decide when to initiate flowering, but autos make that determination on their own. I believe it's necessary not to immediately switch them to flowering lighting since they have more veg time to get through even as they begin flowering. I'm curious about the light spectrum programing one would use during that transition period. Are you aware of any grows that I could check out in regards to this?

I suppose this is a conversation I should be having with Dave. Hmmmm. Back to the read.

:Namaste:

Jandre, I'm working my way through your first test (excellent test, by the way - much impressed) and found myself wondering about using the light with autos. I couldn't find anything in the grow room covering autos under LEDs, (a cursory glance) and certainly nothing with this particular model. With photo flowering strains YOU decide when to initiate flowering, but autos make that determination on their own. I believe it's necessary not to immediately switch them to flowering lighting since they have more veg time to get through even as they begin flowering. I'm curious about the light spectrum programing one would use during that transition period. Are you aware of any grows that I could check out in regards to this?

I suppose this is a conversation I should be having with Dave. Hmmmm. Back to the read.

:Namaste:

I would use the full-intensity 18-hour schedule. Autos don't care how much light they get, they're gonna flower anyway. You could actually leave them on the full 18/6 schedule, and plump the buds as big as possible.

I would use the full-intensity 18-hour schedule. Autos don't care how much light they get, they're gonna flower anyway. You could actually leave them on the full 18/6 schedule, and plump the buds as big as possible.

Good point. Still learning here. Thanks. That was my first rep Jandre, and mighty well deserved. I just figured out what reps were. LOL!

First Jandre, very nice... you are making people proud.

and Graytail what the heck does " you'll get a hot soak when they shut off" mean? :hmmmm:

What that means is that if it is on a timer, it cuts all the power to the lights, and the fans go off, too. This causes heat to dissipate slowly, without being blown away with the moving air created by the fans. Thus, your components get a "Soak" in the heat.

Otherwise when used with the controller, the fan will continue to run for a bit to blow off residual heat.

NOTE: I have not personally observed this. I am usually asleep, or heading to work when the lights go off. I'll try to catch it though.

you've got excellent frost for day 30 jandre, do you attribute that to the strain or the lights, or anything?

You're not the first to notice this. Last journal I did with LEDs KingJohnC noticed that they had more triches than with the HPS grow. It's not the strain, as both strains in the current grow are showing the same amount. I believe it is credited to the LEDs with the UV.

Just taking a peek. You know with them auto flowers, a lot like to use even 24/0 lighting schedule. Now myself I always felt a plant does need some darkness atleast acouple hours. Plants really do grow at night. They build up all the sugars all day and store it till night then they use them up with growth. I use to love to lay down in these barns I use to grow in. We had around 200 6-8 footers going. But you lay there at night and you can actually hear them make little noises all night. Or was I tripping,,,,, JK Keepem Green

Just taking a peek. You know with them auto flowers, a lot like to use even 24/0 lighting schedule. Now myself I always felt a plant does need some darkness atleast acouple hours. Plants really do grow at night. They build up all the sugars all day and store it till night then they use them up with growth. I use to love to lay down in these barns I use to grow in. We had around 200 6-8 footers going. But you lay there at night and you can actually hear them make little noises all night. Or was I tripping,,,,, JK Keepem Green

Hey, Woody! Thanks for the input on the auto's lighting schedule. I'm with you on the thoughts about needing darkness. I don't think you were tripping at all- just hearing the noises of life at night. Stoned, yes- Crazy, no.

The buds exploded like bunnies, everywhere on that plant.. Hope there not to fluffy though?....looking great Jandre. :)

Back
Top Bottom