Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Thought I would come see you.....I just got back from Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha.

Did you know they are using your lights there too!

Well, OK, not really.

Your girls are looking great. Those lights are doing their job.

Thought I would come see you.....I just got back from Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha.

Did you know they are using your lights there too!

Well, OK, not really.

Your girls are looking great. Those lights are doing their job.

You have always been in Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha. I could understand that the lights are used in the sector. The question is, of course, do any of the other systems in the sector also use these lights?

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Flowering: Day 35

01/23/2015

The Daily:
(Click images for full size)

Intelligent Gro LED Lights

Wow they are getting really frosty and thick!!!! Hell yea Jandrea!!!! Spinosad those damn thrips! haha Glad that its working for you... it killed them quick when I got em a while back. The plants are looking beautiful!

hey jandre curious whats the distance on your lights to the tops?

They're about 9" from the tops.

Wow they are getting really frosty and thick!!!! Hell yea Jandrea!!!! Spinosad those damn thrips! haha Glad that its working for you... it killed them quick when I got em a while back. The plants are looking beautiful!
Yeah, you'll see tonight, the Adventurer Biscuits took too much damage and do not look as good as the chosen flower for the dailies. . . just wait, I'm heartbroken because of it.

Yeah, you'll see tonight, the Adventurer Biscuits took too much damage and do not look as good as the chosen flower for the dailies. . . just wait, I'm heartbroken because of it.

Damn man... you will win the war... don't let em get ya down... :) just keep hitting them about every 7 days with spinosad and they should disappear.

I did find something that worked, it probably will sound silly but here it is...

I found thrips love blacklights (the 18" party bulb kind and flock to it in the dark)

*** now I never did this on live plants, only after I harvested, so I don't know what kind of effect it would have on flowering plants so word of caution....

I took a clear plastic dish, a florescent yellow highlighter marker(those fat ones), some water, a drop of soap and the blacklight.

I filled the clear plastic dish 3/4 with water...then dipped the highlighter into the water to let the dye mix into the water (old college trick we used to illuminate liquor bottles) and then put in a few drops of dish soap. I put this into my tent (AFTER I harvested) and left the blacklight on where it lit up the yellow glowing water... the next day the water was full of dead thrips, and on the blacklight itself there were literally hundreds of dead thrips... they seemed to be attracted to the UV and either fried on the warm florescent bulb or drowned trying to fly/crawl into the florecent water....

Now I don't know how this would work with flowering plants.......but for making sure there were none after my harvest it worked wonders... those little fu##ers were everywhere in my place and they are annoying when they jump on your skin...so it eliminated them from my room as well as my grow....

I hate thrips.... but the 2nd time I got them I used spinosad and they were gone after like 3-4 treatments with the spinosad.

Screw thrips!!!! I feel your pain Jandre.... just keep on keepin on :) the buds in the photos look absolute amazing.

DSC05626.JPG

yea the thrips were bad this year everywhere I think we all hate em with a passion

Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Flowering: Day 36

01/24/2015

Thrips killed my Adventurer Biscuits plant... I'm so pissed off at the things... They're gone, but that plant continues to suffer the after effects of those damn things. The shot of the undergrowth (below) will tell the story.

(Click images for full size)
Team iGro

Adventurer Biscuits

Green Fluffy Bunnies

WARNING TO ALL READERS
Damn man... you will win the war... don't let em get ya down... :) just keep hitting them about every 7 days with spinosad and they should disappear.

I did find something that worked, it probably will sound silly but here it is...

I found thrips love blacklights (the 18" party bulb kind and flock to it in the dark)

*** now I never did this on live plants, only after I harvested, so I don't know what kind of effect it would have on flowering plants so word of caution....

I took a clear plastic dish, a florescent yellow highlighter marker(those fat ones), some water, a drop of soap and the blacklight.

I filled the clear plastic dish 3/4 with water...then dipped the highlighter into the water to let the dye mix into the water (old college trick we used to illuminate liquor bottles) and then put in a few drops of dish soap. I put this into my tent (AFTER I harvested) and left the blacklight on where it lit up the yellow glowing water... the next day the water was full of dead thrips, and on the blacklight itself there were literally hundreds of dead thrips... they seemed to be attracted to the UV and either fried on the warm florescent bulb or drowned trying to fly/crawl into the florecent water....

Now I don't know how this would work with flowering plants.......but for making sure there were none after my harvest it worked wonders... those little fu##ers were everywhere in my place and they are annoying when they jump on your skin...so it eliminated them from my room as well as my grow....

I hate thrips.... but the 2nd time I got them I used spinosad and they were gone after like 3-4 treatments with the spinosad.

Screw thrips!!!! I feel your pain Jandre.... just keep on keepin on :) the buds in the photos look absolute amazing.

DSC05626.JPG

WARNING TO ALL READERS

This should never be done while the plants are in their dark period... EVER!! Plants use UV light to carry out photosynthesis. Even though it's dark to us, this is more UV than we get on the surface of the earth from our sun. This is the plant equivalent of having a 1000 candle power spotlight shining in your face while you're trying to sleep.

For cleanup afterward this seems like it would be magic! Just don't do it with plants in the box.

Thanks Ice!

A few of my mother plants in vegetative growth have the same undergrowth damage from Thrips insects. Did you know that some thrips also feed on blood and bite and well as plants. I despise Thrips!

yea I read that when I was trying to figure out how to get rid of them
theres different types of thrips.
Great info guys :thumb:

edit

I don't remember seeing that much height in your growspace before
plants are really tall looking compared to before :high-five:

3x 95w TRU in a 2'x4' @ 9" seems to be right on. I really wished I would have ordered those and spent the little bit of extra money....... Oh well.

Still; 4x 180w covers the 5x5' footprint fairly well aside from a dark spot dead center - but not much growth in that area as anticipated. In any case, I need to be up around 12" to get the overlap I think needed.....14" might be better but I am a bit scared to reduce the intense PAR dead center of each plant (Each plant basically has a light over it)

Growing "Bianca" and there is only 1 other journal on the net I can compare mine to and mine are similar - a ton of nice colas that just don't quite fatten up like yours. Still, I am anticipating a good harvest especially considering my first try :)

Peace,
WG

yea I read that when I was trying to figure out how to get rid of them
theres different types of thrips.
Great info guys :thumb:

edit

I don't remember seeing that much height in your growspace before
plants are really tall looking compared to before :high-five:

Yeah, that happened on day 22 with the light defoliation to open up the canopy, and get light to lower buds. :cheesygrinsmiley: sorry to confuse.

Back
Top Bottom