Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Purple Cindy

re: Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Purple Cindy

Okay, so I did some cleaning... Removal of obviously dead and gone leaves and such. There was a pair at the very top that still look viable, so there is still hope. This pic is right after I removed the entire top that was dead, down to the first pair that still looked viable and removal of the fan leaves that would obviously not come back. There are still some leaves that are gravely damaged, but are on nodes that I did not want to damage in case they are still viable toward the bottom, so I left the leaf pairs alone to avoid cutting the node below.
IMG_20120519_205004.jpg

Really sorry to hear about the probs, Jandre. What a buzz kill! :goodluck:

Thanks, brother! I need all the good luck I can get sent my way on this one. It's gonna be a long haul for sure.

As for the buzz kill, I actually sat down and smoked the rest of our test bud from the GDP harvest and went to la-la-land for a while... LOL! I needed to just get away form it all . . . after a week-long camping trip. . .Whodathunk?

Yeah buddy! Score!!!
Thank you!

Just to record here, the original Purple Cindy fought valiantly, but in the end, her wounds were too great. She was removed from quarantine and sent on her way this afternoon. Those two tiny leaves at the top, evidently were not enough to create enough carbohydrates to sustain her. May she rest in peace. It's always a sad day when a parent has to bury their young. But she will live on, in the compost for my veggies outside.

Hey man just wanted to stoo bye and say hang in there man. Cindy is an incredible woman no doubt about it. Ive got a few pics of her id like to show you to keep your hopes alive. Lets see if i can figure out pictures now.

Ok gonna need some help with pictures but ill give some info if you want. Ive been growing cindy for about 2a years now and have learned a few tricks she licks and few she doesnt like.

First she loves her temps around 70-85 during flowering and lower temps during veg usually highest in veg was 78. During last few weeks of her flowering she loves lower temps and it drings out a beautiful purple in her buds. I usually keep them around 58-65. Out of the 5season grows ive done with her every single on was 9 and 1/2 weeks flowering on the dot. She hates her roots cold just keep that in mind she will purple up that way but on the two grows i used chilled water on her roots for color she was 70 grams less each grow. Just keep that in mind.

She is what i consider a grower in flower. Almost tripled in size every time in hydro in soil she bearly doubles. I usually top once at about 5 nodes. Then just pull the taller colas back and keel them all even buring the flower stage you will see about 10-13 tops on her all even and level. And she loves light closer than most strains ive grown. I kept my 400w light about 10 inches from top of the highest top.

As for final days of harvest what i found she likes is pure water for 7me days and the last 4-6 hours i only folar feed her. She doesnt seem to take as long to dry and loses only about 50% weight. I get consistantly 8 ounces a plant and minus the 2.5 for chilled water on roots i feel even amatures can get 200 grams dried.

Last thing is she is a very strong plant and can survive some horrible things ive broken main.colas and numerous deficencys over watered underwatered lights have fallen on her and she has grown to potential everytime. Ill be in and out if ya have any questiins and ill post a few pics of my last grow if i can figure it all out.

Hey man just wanted to stoo bye and say hang in there man. Cindy is an incredible woman no doubt about it. Ive got a few pics of her id like to show you to keep your hopes alive. Lets see if i can figure out pictures now.

Ok gonna need some help with pictures but ill give some info if you want. Ive been growing cindy for about 2a years now and have learned a few tricks she licks and few she doesnt like.

First she loves her temps around 70-85 during flowering and lower temps during veg usually highest in veg was 78. During last few weeks of her flowering she loves lower temps and it drings out a beautiful purple in her buds. I usually keep them around 58-65. Out of the 5season grows ive done with her every single on was 9 and 1/2 weeks flowering on the dot. She hates her roots cold just keep that in mind she will purple up that way but on the two grows i used chilled water on her roots for color she was 70 grams less each grow. Just keep that in mind.

She is what i consider a grower in flower. Almost tripled in size every time in hydro in soil she bearly doubles. I usually top once at about 5 nodes. Then just pull the taller colas back and keel them all even buring the flower stage you will see about 10-13 tops on her all even and level. And she loves light closer than most strains ive grown. I kept my 400w light about 10 inches from top of the highest top.

As for final days of harvest what i found she likes is pure water for 7me days and the last 4-6 hours i only folar feed her. She doesnt seem to take as long to dry and loses only about 50% weight. I get consistantly 8 ounces a plant and minus the 2.5 for chilled water on roots i feel even amatures can get 200 grams dried.

Last thing is she is a very strong plant and can survive some horrible things ive broken main.colas and numerous deficencys over watered underwatered lights have fallen on her and she has grown to potential everytime. Ill be in and out if ya have any questiins and ill post a few pics of my last grow if i can figure it all out.

WOW! Thanks for that! 9.5 weeks on the dot, gotcha..

Most of the purples like it colder, this is not news, but I am glad to see she falls in line with the rest.

LST is the style for her. Good news as I was planning on a few LST adventures after the Perpetual SOG run was done. If you wanna check out the SOG she will be gracing, so I can get a better feel for her, here's the link. Third Test Run - 41 Week Perpetual SOG - Blue Planet Nutrients.

Being part of my Maternity Ward, this plant will never see the flower room, if I have my say, but she will send many offspring to Neonatal Care to start their own individual lives. They'll veg in the Kindergarten for a while before going on in their lives to bloom into beautiful, mature, young ladies.

Yea but the point i wanted to stress was ive seen alot of people chill there water for a shock effect and to purple them up a bit but cindy does not like this technique. Just lower her temps she takes better to this technique than the other. I had one mother i used and she got huge man i decided since i was running out of room to flower her and move a clone in as mom. She still tripled on me i had a 7 foot plant and was praying she didnt get any bigger about a foot taller and she atayed there till done. I got well over 500grams of her. I usually veg her clones for about 4 weeks from the first new growth and she gets about 5 foot and like i said consistenly get 225-250 grams a plant.
She is the queen of lst man. She thrives when lst'd but if ya top her more than once she seems to get an attitude and will fight you the whole way. Oh yea last thing take your time dont rush her and be care with mold when curing she is the only plant ive ever had mold issues when curimg with it has hao

Yea but the point i wanted to stress was ive seen alot of people chill there water for a shock effect and to purple them up a bit but cindy does not like this technique. Just lower her temps she takes better to this technique than the other. I had one mother i used and she got huge man i decided since i was running out of room to flower her and move a clone in as mom. She still tripled on me i had a 7 foot plant and was praying she didnt get any bigger about a foot taller and she atayed there till done. I got well over 500grams of her. I usually veg her clones for about 4 weeks from the first new growth and she gets about 5 foot and like i said consistenly get 225-250 grams a plant.
She is the queen of lst man. She thrives when lst'd but if ya top her more than once she seems to get an attitude and will fight you the whole way. Oh yea last thing take your time dont rush her and be care with mold when curing she is the only plant ive ever had mold issues when curimg with it has hao

I don't use a chiller. My res sits in a light-proof box underneath my Flower Box and gets nothing but A/C down to 73sih.

Will be taking 3" clones, if they triple after first new, then hopefully that's no more that 11" heheh, SOG FTW!

Thanks for the info on her total stretch, bery good to know that she can quicly get out of hand.

I'll use the desiccant packets when it gets time for that. It helps draw excess moisture away from what is curing without altering it and without imparting any taste. Should be interesting.

subd as usual mate, unless im all ready subd, you confusing me now, what day is it, how many journals you say you got, where am i, whats my name, confusing mate, you go so much going on, you should write a book, call it never ending story 1.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

but as always im along for the ride what ever you got going on,

subd as usual mate, unless im all ready subd, you confusing me now, what day is it, how many journals you say you got, where am i, whats my name, confusing mate, you go so much going on, you should write a book, call it never ending story 1.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

but as always im along for the ride what ever you got going on,

LOL, I have a journal for each of my Mothers, so I can keep strain information, smoke reports and such, and the current Flowering journal. I could journal the the Hatchery, the Neonatal Unit, Pre-K, and K-8, as well, if you like. :cheesygrinsmiley:

For now, the flower action is here ---->Third Test Run<----link

i think im already subbed on that one, although i best check in case you have added another one, pmsl, you got way to much going on, but keeps the mind busy

My Journal Structure: Simplified.

1. I have my maternity Ward Plants that keep the information on the strain and all pertinent information on the individual plant. These are kept separate so I can rotate strains, but keep the information organized about all strains in the Flowerbox Tests. If a mother plant is removed from the test rotation, she is sent into flower and results of which are recorded into the central journal.

• Maternity Ward:

2. The Maternity Ward Feeds clones to my Experimental Flower Journals. All discussions about that individual grow with the various clones and/or a mother plant removed from rotation by flowering her out from the above is kept here.

• Cardboard Flower Box Tests

3. The Challenge: Cardboard Flower Box holds highlights from it all and is the central journal of it all. This is the culmination of each of the individual Maternity Ward

• Grow Matrix from all tests above and future.
  • Test results and conclusions of each test.
  • Evolution of the complete growing experience from the date I joined the sight.

4. Now, to keep all that in one, easy-to-access place, I have created a Blog with all the links to everywhere to which a person can subscribe, and receive any and all updates and new links, regardless of how many separate journals I have going. For that, look to my signature, and click "Jandre2k3's Links"

So I don't know if anyone noticed, or not, but the second iteration of P-Cin had very poor roots when I brought her home... As such it has taken her a while to acclimate to her new environment. I have good news today! New roots, pure and white, grew out of the starter cube today, so she was placed into a grow block and covered back up with hydrotone. We should start seeing some good new growth in a few days now. Hell, I'm just glad I could provide her with some TLC and make her happy enough to grow again.
IMG_20120603_083747.jpg

She looks sad, now, because of the neglect at the co-op, but the new roots shows me a willingness to survive, and the nice white shows that the stress endured didn't cause an infection to take hold in the weakened plant. She'll stay in the Quarantine/ICU for a while yet, until I'm sure she's okay, but she starts getting more nutes, now that she's showing improvement. What she needs now is peace and time. She'll have both in my care.

Jandre2k3 - Just stopping by to see your journals. Nice grows. Noticed you like the purple's. Have you any experience with Berry Bomb ?
As Dpp knows I've had a terrible time with this strain. Been trying to keep temps 71 area, humidity is about 50%. Are all purple's sensitive as they seem? I have had this one female who was in veg for 59 days, never did get bushy, but when she matured I sent her into flower. her brothers gave me a run for my money and some were even turning Hermy. I've gotten a few good clones from her so I'm starting again. Can you advise me if being a purple she will give me a hard time going back to veg? She's in flower with about 1 week showing on her. It doesnt seem there are many doing the purp's.

Anyway I'm sub'd... :peace:

Jandre2k3 - Just stopping by to see your journals. Nice grows. Noticed you like the purple's. Have you any experience with Berry Bomb ?
As Dpp knows I've had a terrible time with this strain. Been trying to keep temps 71 area, humidity is about 50%. Are all purple's sensitive as they seem? I have had this one female who was in veg for 59 days, never did get bushy, but when she matured I sent her into flower. her brothers gave me a run for my money and some were even turning Hermy. I've gotten a few good clones from her so I'm starting again. Can you advise me if being a purple she will give me a hard time going back to veg? She's in flower with about 1 week showing on her. It doesnt seem there are many doing the purp's.

Anyway I'm sub'd... :peace:

Good question, thank you for asking. I do like the purples, but unfortunately have not had any experience with your particular strain. What I can tell you is this:

1. Purples like cooler temps.
  2. Purples in flower like 55*-60* at night for the bag appeal.
  3. Most purples are very forgiving.
  4. Cloning and re-vegging in purples takes forever.

So, if you plan on re-vegging your lady, I would say to give her 4 months, at least, before you cause any kind of stress via cloning or pruning for shape. In order to bush her out more, I would suggest you keep your lights as close as possible. If using T5's stay within 3" of the tops. If MH and under 400w, stay under 12" from the tops. This seems dangerous, but if you keep a watchful eye on the light and her, with vigilance, this finicky family will give you great returns and many happy smoke sessions.

Also, if you put a 4" desk fan on high right on her, close enough to make her dance, but not completely flap around. She will slow down on stretching, and concentrate on fighting the wind, which will make her much stronger and heartier. This will help her bush out better.

Next time, if you would like to keep the strain going, I would suggest you take clones before flowering, and keep them in veg. MAKE SURE that they are rooted and growing new leaves before flowering the mother out. Then select the strongest clone to keep as a true mother, and use her until she's ragged to take any new clones.

Back
Top Bottom