Jango's Hydro CFL Snow White Grow! No Dwarves Allowed!

Chompin at the bit for harvest time!! :yummy: About two weeks left, switching the nutes from bloom to ripen today for a week and then a week for flush. Might possibly go two weeks on ripen depending on how they look! Clones are looking fantastic, 5 are in dirt for a friend and the rest got put in net cups and given 1/4 nutes for my upcoming sog grow. More clones taken yesterday, mostly NL and a few SW as last time it was the opposite so i thought id give me SW mom a little more time to recover, took about 20 total. Did it slightly different this time. Last time i lightly scraped the skin on them but noticed that pretty much all of the roots started above where i had scraped them before. Also i plan on doing a much better job of changing the water for them cause for the last batch i left the same water in there for a few weeks so i plan on giving them fresh water weekly which is what i should have done anyways!

0630011008a.jpg

This pics a little blurry but i run the 12 line pump i have in there for about the first week to really make sure the roots are getting enough water even though they are hanging down in the res a bit i like to make sure!
0628012016.jpg

Again pic is a bit blurry but i took 10 NL on the left of the black line and 6 SW on the right
0629011934.jpg

:high-five: Wow Jango, you really are doing a great job my friend! You're gunna have your hands full soo buddy!!:welldone: Good call on changing the water more often, I did'nt change mine for around 17 days either, and a little scum was starting to form on the sides and bottom. 'Course I didn't know that until I had finished with the cloner and they all had roots. Should be better for them though. What nutes are you using in the cloner again?

:high-five: Wow Jango, you really are doing a great job my friend! You're gunna have your hands full soo buddy!!:welldone: Good call on changing the water more often, I did'nt change mine for around 17 days either, and a little scum was starting to form on the sides and bottom. 'Course I didn't know that until I had finished with the cloner and they all had roots. Should be better for them though. What nutes are you using in the cloner again?

Whoo! :high-five: Yeah mine had little scummy spots too when i finally changed it. As for nutes i dip in em clonex gel first and then for the water ive been putting in the stuff that came with the cloner. Its botanicare stuff and the one bottle is like power cloner solution or something? And the other is called aquashield. Not sure im sold on either as i just used them since thats what my boss gave me with the cloner so i definitely will probably use something else when i get a couple extra bucks and do some research on what i think would be best lol.

Hi Jango! Everything is looking really good my friend. :yummy:

Thanks buddy, was looking at the trichs today, right on schedule for harvest next weekend! Id say 40% clear, 50% cloudy, and 10% amber right now and man are there a TON of em! :yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

As for my other babies my last batch of clones are looking excellent! Just gave em some fresh growth nutes last night :morenutes: and as soon as betty is done they're going in to flower :ganjamon: I had to let my friend know that if they dont come get the 5 clones i put in dirt really soon that they are about to stay mine cause they are looking way too beautiful and i might just get too attached to let them go! Here's a couple pics of all the clones, also the last batch i took are 7 days in and 1 has teeny little roots and the rest have the callouses they get right before the roots pop soo thats great too!:) i did have to pull 3 of em today but they were 3 that i took from the very top of my plants so i didnt expect them to do well lol.

0705011824.jpg

0705011825.jpg

0705011825a.jpg

So im a bit aggravated at myself. :oops: I was doing some last minute maintenance for my girls and the lights in the flower room went off, upon so i noticed what i consider to be WAY to much light shining through down the whole side seam of the room against the concrete wall. Now when i say way to much i dont mean like it was really bright in there but if im going for 100% dark and im only at 98% dark then i consider that to be waay to much light. How much this affected my plants in the last month im not sure but i just wish i would have noticed it a lot sooner!

At any rate D-day for the chop is next friday! :headbanger::yahoo::headbanger: Im gonna just wait til then to take any more pics of her and then ill take a bunch!

So im a bit aggravated at myself. :oops: I was doing some last minute maintenance for my girls and the lights in the flower room went off, upon so i noticed what i consider to be WAY to much light shining through down the whole side seam of the room against the concrete wall. Now when i say way to much i dont mean like it was really bright in there but if im going for 100% dark and im only at 98% dark then i consider that to be waay to much light. How much this affected my plants in the last month im not sure but i just wish i would have noticed it a lot sooner!

At any rate D-day for the chop is next friday! :headbanger::yahoo::headbanger: Im gonna just wait til then to take any more pics of her and then ill take a bunch!

I wouldnt trip on the light too much brother, look at how much light they get in nature, at night, during the brighter half of the cycles of the moon...If you cant see the hands on your watch in there, I'm sure they'll be fine. I'm being a lot more liberal with closing my closet up this grow, and mine are producing right on schedule. Now, there is a lot of debate on this, and many other topics. But I just dont care anymore. I'm doing things a little sloppy this time on purpose. Once I've cloned with no cloning gel, and wihtout a res change, and without ALL the recomended protocall, and once I've grown 4' mothers with MG soil and nutes and too much heat, and once I've taken two mothers and crammed them into a 2x2 space, LSTed them, topped them, clonned them, supercropped them, burned them with nutes, deprived them of nutes, starved them of water and so on....THEN, and only then will I know if all the hype about certain techniques and procedures is true. So F it bro, theres always next round, and I garantee that you haven't done any damge to your girls anyway!!.....Whoa sorry, made brownies last night from my "ABUSED ASS PLANTS" ^^^^described above lol^^^^And I'm plenty medicated:high-five:

You're probably okay - I think if you're really at 98%, it's not that dark outside either. Having said that, I'd try to seal it up, cuz, why not eliminate any possible stress/confusion on the plants?

Good luck on the chop - should be sweet, there's some nice looking buddage going on there! :high-five:

I wouldnt trip on the light too much brother, look at how much light they get in nature, at night, during the brighter half of the cycles of the moon...If you cant see the hands on your watch in there, I'm sure they'll be fine. I'm being a lot more liberal with closing my closet up this grow, and mine are producing right on schedule. Now, there is a lot of debate on this, and many other topics. But I just dont care anymore. I'm doing things a little sloppy this time on purpose. Once I've cloned with no cloning gel, and wihtout a res change, and without ALL the recomended protocall, and once I've grown 4' mothers with MG soil and nutes and too much heat, and once I've taken two mothers and crammed them into a 2x2 space, LSTed them, topped them, clonned them, supercropped them, burned them with nutes, deprived them of nutes, starved them of water and so on....THEN, and only then will I know if all the hype about certain techniques and procedures is true. So F it bro, theres always next round, and I garantee that you haven't done any damge to your girls anyway!!.....Whoa sorry, made brownies last night from my "ABUSED ASS PLANTS" ^^^^described above lol^^^^And I'm plenty medicated:high-five:

:bravo: sir! Well said lol. I guess i shouldnt worry about it much at all especially with how horrendously stressed my brothers plants were that i took over and they still did just fine! Not to mention how rough the guys were handling the big bang in the video X posted the other day! Jeepers! I guess at the end of the day these wonderful plants are waaaay tougher than you would ever think. Im putting a video at the bottom of this post that shows just that!

You're probably okay - I think if you're really at 98%, it's not that dark outside either. Having said that, I'd try to seal it up, cuz, why not eliminate any possible stress/confusion on the plants?

Good luck on the chop - should be sweet, there's some nice looking buddage going on there! :high-five:

Yeah i mean it wasnt like light was blaring in so i just ran some duct tape down the seam for a quick fix, just wish i would have noticed it sooner! I cant wait to chop! When checking out the trichs i give the buds a little squeeze and your right man, those babies smell just like juicy fruit! :yummy:

[url=https://youtu.be/Oew-OwcPQjg]YouTube - ‪The Little Plant That Could with Jorge Cervantes‬‏[/URL]

Doesn't Snow White smell fantastic?! Love the way it smells. :love:

I'm not sure if it's quite right, but Juicy Fruit always comes to mind for me like you mentioned. Always. Good memory!

SW is my favorite smelling plant so far - bar none. Great flavor, strong too. Couchlock all the way. I think I'll go vape some now that I've talked it up - though I'm almost out. Still gonna do it. Can't. Help. myself... :yummy:

Well learning things the hard way is never fun. Harvest was friday, went excellent, couldnt have been happier, put everything in the cabinet to dry, checked on things the next day and boom, bud rot on my biggest cola.:passitleft: Increased ventilation with another fan and no signs of it anywhere else. Had to butcher what i had hoped was going to be a bud of the month and instead had to throw 11g of it away. Humidity was at 70%, way to stinkin high but ive been completely at the mercy of summer these last few weeks and the basement humidity has been a big problem as well as res temps cause of the heat, air is the only one ive really been able to control and even that has been at about 80 the whole time. The heat wave coming this week is sure to make things even worse.

Overall very happy with the grow and ill keep my head up like i always do, i learned a lot and still have a lot of excellent smoke drying right now as well as clones and moms going and a fresh batch of 10 plants i put in to flower after harvest. Just a huge buzzkill at the moment. I should have my new NFT system done hopefully by today but if not then by tomorrow and ill be starting a new journal for that. I'll be posting final cured weight in about 10 days for this grow as well as some pics. Thanks a LOT to everyone who stopped by to check out my grow and leave input and thanks for anyone else who was watching!

Well learning things the hard way is never fun. Harvest was friday, went excellent, couldnt have been happier, put everything in the cabinet to dry, checked on things the next day and boom, bud rot on my biggest cola.:passitleft: Increased ventilation with another fan and no signs of it anywhere else. Had to butcher what i had hoped was going to be a bud of the month and instead had to throw 11g of it away. Humidity was at 70%, way to stinkin high but ive been completely at the mercy of summer these last few weeks and the basement humidity has been a big problem as well as res temps cause of the heat, air is the only one ive really been able to control and even that has been at about 80 the whole time. The heat wave coming this week is sure to make things even worse.

Overall very happy with the grow and ill keep my head up like i always do, i learned a lot and still have a lot of excellent smoke drying right now as well as clones and moms going and a fresh batch of 10 plants i put in to flower after harvest. Just a huge buzzkill at the moment. I should have my new NFT system done hopefully by today but if not then by tomorrow and ill be starting a new journal for that. I'll be posting final cured weight in about 10 days for this grow as well as some pics. Thanks a LOT to everyone who stopped by to check out my grow and leave input and thanks for anyone else who was watching!

Hi Jango -

I've been there brother. I lost between 2-3z on a harvest a while back because of a brainfart where a few jars didn't get burped like the others. Mold. Yuck!

Then I learned a couple of things.
  • Water curing can be done even with moldy buds, (budrot) and if done right it will eliminate the nasties, and leave you with the good parts. You can salvage what you thought was lost this way. A grower (now known as George Parker here) did that, and so have others. It works, and you can salvage stuff you thought was toast.
  • I've also heard you can use moldy bud for making canna-oil to cook with, and not have to worry about the mold

Here's a link to the water curing thread that I think could be of help:

Water Cure, The Members' Thread

I realize it may be too late for what you threw away, but in case any more of this bites you, this might be of some use. It's saved a few peoples bacon around here. Good luck, and sorry to hear about the bud-rot.

I threw away almost 3z, and then someone said, "Oh, you should have water cured!". Damn! Hope you don't need it, but if you do hope it helps.

Lastly, you had a great grow -- don't forget it. Glad you are moving forward positively. It's all about the learnin' brotha! :) Can't wait to see the new NFT system.

Well X beat me to it, but he's absolutely right! We both(and many others) watched ol' George water cure the crap out of some weight! I think Sisco has done it, and I know many others have as well....Mr. Krip maybe?? Anyway sorry to hear about the mold my friend, I know you've been real pleased with how things have gone so far and you SHOULD be. Like X said so well, you had a great grow, and did much better than many have done. So keep your head up, and runn'em again bro!
I'm dealing with some serious heat in my state right now too, and RH is through the roof. I'm being vigilant, but we all know it can happen to any of us!
Keep 'em green bro!

Well X beat me to it, but he's absolutely right! We both(and many others) watched ol' George water cure the crap out of some weight! I think Sisco has done it, and I know many others have as well....Mr. Krip maybe?? Anyway sorry to hear about the mold my friend, I know you've been real pleased with how things have gone so far and you SHOULD be. Like X said so well, you had a great grow, and did much better than many have done. So keep your head up, and runn'em again bro!
I'm dealing with some serious heat in my state right now too, and RH is through the roof. I'm being vigilant, but we all know it can happen to any of us!
Keep 'em green bro!

Hi Jango -

I've been there brother. I lost between 2-3z on a harvest a while back because of a brainfart where a few jars didn't get burped like the others. Mold. Yuck!

Then I learned a couple of things.
  • Water curing can be done even with moldy buds, (budrot) and if done right it will eliminate the nasties, and leave you with the good parts. You can salvage what you thought was lost this way. A grower (now known as George Parker here) did that, and so have others. It works, and you can salvage stuff you thought was toast.
  • I've also heard you can use moldy bud for making canna-oil to cook with, and not have to worry about the mold

Here's a link to the water curing thread that I think could be of help:

Water Cure, The Members' Thread

I realize it may be too late for what you threw away, but in case any more of this bites you, this might be of some use. It's saved a few peoples bacon around here. Good luck, and sorry to hear about the bud-rot.

I threw away almost 3z, and then someone said, "Oh, you should have water cured!". Damn! Hope you don't need it, but if you do hope it helps.

Lastly, you had a great grow -- don't forget it. Glad you are moving forward positively. It's all about the learnin' brotha! :) Can't wait to see the new NFT system.

Thanks for the pick me up fellas! Feeling much better today, and especially after reading about the water curing dont think for one second that i didnt run out to the street to go garbage diving before the trashman came! lol! Found my stuff which i had wrapped nicely in a paper towel before i threw it away and got it in a jar full of water asap! You would have thought that after all the reading i did trying to find out about it that at least one other person would have mentioned water curing but alas the help i needed came right here from you guys like usual! :thanks:

NFT is reaaaally close to being operational! Test ran it this morning after making a quick tweak before work and its working beautifully! After work will be a quick clean up of the system and in with the plants and nutes!

Cool - hope it works out for you (both water-curing and the new NFT system). Can't wait to see the new system. :goodluck: with the water cure. Wish I would have figured it out before it was too late!

Cool - hope it works out for you (both water-curing and the new NFT system). Can't wait to see the new system. :goodluck: with the water cure. Wish I would have figured it out before it was too late!

Yeah man thanks again for the water cure tip, seems to be working great so far! Got some pics up of the new NFT system but they're on my new journal i started, link is in my sig if you want to check it out! Im gonna post some final harvest pics here in a few days when its all done drying and then all other updates will go to the new journal!

Hey Jango - How goes the water cure? Sure hoping it's working for you.

Oh, I just harvested the auto flower I was growing - come check it out when you're around again... :)

Take care my friend!

Hey Jango - How goes the water cure? Sure hoping it's working for you.

Oh, I just harvested the auto flower I was growing - come check it out when you're around again... :)

Take care my friend!

Hey X! Yeah the water cure seems to be working pretty good, just laid it out to dry yesterday on that part. Ive been away for a bit so i'll definitely have to get caught back up on your grow! Pic below is of final harvest. 140.2g / 5 z ! Im more than happy with that! about 3 1/2 good buds and another 1 1/2 popcorn:yahoo: The last jar was full too but its since been used up lol. Though i did have to butcher my one really big nug i still have a pretty damn nice one im gonna put in for August bud of the month! So i guess that concludes this grow! Thanks for watching and join me in my new journal!

0727010817.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom