Jar Curing

DanDawg

Hi guys put my last harvest in jars RH is 41 after being in there for like 16 hrs. Gone from 35 up tho. Stems still bend. Was hung dry for 3 days then clipped buds into paper bag for three days all whilst drying in my 2x2 tent. Also i had a humidifier on the whole time but yesterday went out humidifier had run out and the humidity hsd dropped in tent from the constant 50 to 55 i had it to 20 dunno how long it had sat at that but checked the bud and it had crisped up a little so i thought sod it dont wanna ovee dry as i wanna get a good cure in. Jarred it up and ran my hygro sensor into tge jar n sealed it. My question is how long generally does it take for the RH to level out as im now worried ive over dried and lost my flavs n aromas. And we dont grow purple punch to not taste that shit

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_090356.jpg
    IMG_20200806_090356.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 89
How are you sealing the jar with a humidity probe in it? I’ve never seen that before.
EDIT: It looks like your just clamping the lid down on the wire, now that I take a closer look with the spectacles on.

That depends on when you jarred it, and if it was dried properly. Usually after jarring up the buds the RH will climb rather quickly. Needing to be burped 2-3 times a day at first to keep it stabilized. The fact that your freshly jarred buds are resting at 41% could be an indicator that you’ve over dried your harvest... or that humidity probe isn’t reading properly. How well is the lid sealed with that wire at the top? I have to assume that there is a possibility that it’s not allowing the jar to truly seal leaving an air pocket, which could throw your reading off and or keep drying the buds. Boveda packs are extremely helpful as well, I see them as a safety net.

Hi guys put my last harvest in jars RH is 41 after being in there for like 16 hrs. Gone from 35 up tho. Stems still bend. Was hung dry for 3 days then clipped buds into paper bag for three days all whilst drying in my 2x2 tent. Also i had a humidifier on the whole time but yesterday went out humidifier had run out and the humidity hsd dropped in tent from the constant 50 to 55 i had it to 20 dunno how long it had sat at that but checked the bud and it had crisped up a little so i thought sod it dont wanna ovee dry as i wanna get a good cure in. Jarred it up and ran my hygro sensor into tge jar n sealed it. My question is how long generally does it take for the RH to level out as im now worried ive over dried and lost my flavs n aromas. And we dont grow purple punch to not taste that shit
I believe your past the point of a cure....RH speaking. I always try to mot let it get below 62RH. Like 60 to 64 in between there. I think once you go beyond that it wont cure. Maybe Boveda packs would work? Let us know how it smokes! Happy growing

Ya the bovedas might help invigorate the buds a little bit but it probably won’t save them and make them curable. I was mostly bringing up Bovedas for his next grow, so he could have a little peace of mind when harvest time comes around. I agree, let us know how it smokes and tastes!

Ya the bovedas might help invigorate the buds a little bit but it probably won’t save them and make them curable. I was mostly bringing up Bovedas for his next grow, so he could have a little peace of mind when harvest time comes around. I agree, let us know how it smokes and tastes!
I've never used them. You dont put them in right away do you? Something about those things seem un natural to me lol so I dont mess with them. I read a lot of people do though so must be ok

I've never used them. You dont put them in right away do you? Something about those things seem un natural to me lol so I dont mess with them. I read a lot of people do though so must be ok
Your supposed to add them to the jars after the burping is complete and the jar stabilizes around 62%... I’ve added them right from the beginning and done side by sides with and without the use of them from the start of my burping and haven’t noticed a difference in the quality of my cure or buds. So now I add them every time right at the start because I’m not guaranteed to always be around to burp them so if I miss a “burp session” I don’t have to worry about it as much. Ya it’s all personal preference as to whether or not you want to use them. I didn’t use them for the longest time and when I finally did I decided it was worth it, like I said, as a safety net. They are great honestly and last damn near forever. They are two way as well so when they start getting old you can reinvigorate them to keep them fresh as day 1 and doing their job. It doesn’t effect the smell or taste in any way other then keeping buds fresh and right at the sweet spot humidity wise... but I also grow in DWC so unnatural doesn’t really bother me much. Lol :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom