jarin it up

smokemagnet

so umm I started to harvest and my question is I trim the big leaves off and the ones I can get to on the bud right then I put it in the jar and let it dry burp the jar yadadada but after I trim it I put it strait into the jar right? by the way it smells like some strait up skunk and I kinda want it to keep that smell

Clip off all the fan leaves and then using long scissors, clip right around the buds removing any leaf that sticks out. Don't go crazy and trim your buds down to the stalk..lol. Hang them in a DARK, room. It's tough to maintain a constant temperature and humidity level unless you add the expense of the equipment to do that. Check them every day and move the inner layers of buds to the outside hanging strings. You don't want them to get moldy. After about a week, toss the buds into brown paper bags for a couple days. Occasionally shake up the buds to get some fresh air in there. After a couple days in the bags, toss the buds into glass jars and seal them up. Open them for about 5 minutes every day and fluff them around to get fresh air in there. Do that for a week or two and of course by now you'll be sampling your nugs. The longer they cure, the better they taste and smoke. This cure process can actually increase the potency of the nugs. I think there are a bunch of curing methods available in the forums. Like racefan said, the stem needs to be able to be cracked so larger, thicker buds might need more time in the paper bag.

Yeah, what Akorn said. Don't let that hay smell throw you off. I got all bugged out about it the first time I did the jar cure.

they have been curing for a few days and the aroma is sweet and skunky still very very stong smell, it hasnt got a hay smell to it thank god lol I would be pissed If it did

you think if i put it in a container like this it will work or should i jus put it in a regular jar

You really need something air tight, that dixie cup might substitute for the paper bag stage, but wouldn't work for curing.

I skip the paper bag, just worry about getting a paper flavour, but make up for it by openning the lids 4 times per day at the beginning and slowly reduce that to once a day over about 2 weeks.

Just a little more detail on skipping the paper bag after drying 4-5 days.

It's important not to seal the lids if the bud still feels wet so the lids sometimes need to stay open for many hours, especially right at the start. Just wanted to be clear since I remember telling a friend how to do this and he blamed me when it molded.

For larger capacity I've heard of using large plastic trash bags for curing but haven't tried it.

Back
Top Bottom