Jay’s Organic SIP Grows Some Cheese: Current

JayCseed

Photo of the Month - Jan 2018
Welcome to my first journal in over a year! I slacked off and got my last journal moved to abandoned! I plan to keep this one current all the way to the finish line.
I am currently in week 5 of flower on my second run in my home made SIP containers. I am growing Feminized Cheese from Seedsman and things are moving along nicely.

I am going to post progress pictures to catch everyone up to where the grow is currently at.

Please feel free to ask any questions along the way and thanks for joining in on this adventure! :thumb: :rollit:

Not far now by the looks of things well done my friend looks amazing
Thanks, Boed! The breeder says she is a 9-10 week strain so according to them I still have about 3 or 4 more weeks to go.

Im loving how easy it is to maintain the plants in the SIPs. I was just out of town for 7 days and I had no worries about watering while I was gone. Plus, I add all the amendments to the soil before I plant so I basically just add water. Every other watering I add LABS, EM1, some mycorrhizal ( ecto and endo) and a compost tea I brew from my composter bin.
I try to watch for any signs of deficiencies and if need be I will top dress accordingly.

The fade is on as she has really started using up the remaining nitrogen in her fan leaves. I was actually surprised how early on she started to pull from the lower leaves, I might have to bump up the nitrogen in my soil mix next round. I like the fact that I don’t have an excess of nitrogen but I could def do with a little more in my mix.
I scoped the trichomes and they are still mostly clear with a few cloudy here and there. I would like to wait till most are cloudy with about 20% amber.
I have cut back to strait water from the tap, I let it sit for 24+ hours and I don’t Ph it. I should really see her use up all those nutrients in the soil and leaves in the next week or two.

It’s been a while since the last update, not a whole lot going on really. Just patiently waiting for her to ripen up. She is at week 9 today and I plan to take her down this weekend. I’m super excited to smoke a bowl and see how she turned out.

Now that this grow is coming to an end, I have begun the prep for the next run. I originally set up 2 sips for my last grow but only ran one on this current one. This lets me re-amend the soil between each run.
I am going to be running "Critical" by RQS, I put a bean in water two days ago and she popped yesterday and went into the sip. I am keeping this one in the laundry room until I harvest the Cheese this weekend.
It is just too cold in the garage without being in the grow tent where the temp is kept 75-80.
I'm excited to get home and see if she had made it out of the ground yet!

Well harvest day has come and gone, I chopped her down on 1/26 which was one day short of 10 weeks in flower.
She was finally dry enough today to start the curing process so I weighed her up. She came in at 210g or 7.5oz! That is the most I’ve ever pulled from an indoor plant and I’m super stoked. Even in the past while dumping all kinds of synthetic fertilizers I didn’t come close to those numbers for one plant. I’m excited to see how my next grow will improve in my sip.

any pics of the innerds of the sip?

what light was it grown under?
Man! I feel like time just got away from me there for a minute!
Hash Hound, it was grown inter (1) HLG 260w QB V2 4000K and (2) HLG 100w V2 3000K. Here are a few pics of the Sip build. Sorry it took 9 months to respond lol
3C733AF9-9AFF-4661-865D-A45986A1F3BE.jpeg
9FC1A65A-B688-4B5A-96CB-27840F885646.jpeg
FAB5ACE9-94CF-4882-A6C3-2AFD0AC8A6EB.jpeg
D9ABD5E5-B927-42AA-9F0F-658BDF37C172.jpeg

thanks Jay, better late than never. Time is getting away from us all lately, especially a 68 year old like me.

very nice
why the stones? and what was the soil and amendment?

I've been running some SWICKS the last few grows with 1 fair and 2 good results, but I need to tune in the soil and weather to mix my nutes throughout the soil like I normally to, or mainly in the bottom or top, or just on top like the earth boxes.
I'm actually using it more as a wick than swick. Instead of sitting the bag on top of a tub of perlite, I have mine on a riser from an old store bought sip with a piece of an old bag down in the slots and the rest sitting over the riser
and the bag sitting on top of that. Eliminates the perlite and accomplishes the same thing.

P161 CGW bsp 3.jpg

So the rocks have a couple functions, one is they filled the space at the bottom so the tubing lay flat, two I had them laying around and thought why not, and lastly I hoped that some trace minerals might be available over time.
For the soil I used a 50/50 mix of Kellogg Organic select with biochar and Kellogg Organic plus. I also mix in some compost ( about a gallon), amendments were all Down to Earth (kelp meal, crab meal, bio fish, bone meal, humic acid, langbeinite) some Gro-Kashi, and silica.
since the original setup I’ve added Down to Earth ( vegetable, seabird guano, bio live) earthworm casting, cricket frass to the mix.
I’m about 2 months shy of two years with this soil. I prefer to remix after each grow rather than top dressing. I have two sips that I rotate. After I harvest I leave the roots to breakdown, once I can pickup the old stalk without any roots attached I remix ( normally about 2 months). This gives about a month or more for the soil to settle and the microbial life to go to work on the inputs before the next plant goes in.

I never really looked into Swicks much but it seems like the same concept but with more control of the reservoir.
Are you a okie to move the plant off the wick system or do the roots make their way into the wick? I’ll have to check out your journal to see how they produce!

Here’s a few pics of the current grow, Blueberry Cheesecake by Female Seeds.
I grew her once before but halfway through flower she got hit hard by spider mites. I’ve added filtration on both sides of my ventilation system and I’m much more careful about wearing clothes I was outside in.
she is 3 weeks into flower and doing great!
7CCEFAE0-ED31-4D5E-A398-A9D4E8D7F24F.jpeg
4020DE77-924D-4591-B489-50BA360E29A1.jpeg
4AB6D2DA-05DD-449F-9568-953424759AE8.jpeg

damn you day 34 ??
check my grow journal
im day 28 , no where near you
mine is much bigger but still

love you hydro box
:lot-o-toke:

Here’s a few pics of the current grow, Blueberry Cheesecake by Female Seeds.
I grew her once before but halfway through flower she got hit hard by spider mites. I’ve added filtration on both sides of my ventilation system and I’m much more careful about wearing clothes I was outside in.
she is 3 weeks into flower and doing great!
7CCEFAE0-ED31-4D5E-A398-A9D4E8D7F24F.jpeg
4020DE77-924D-4591-B489-50BA360E29A1.jpeg
4AB6D2DA-05DD-449F-9568-953424759AE8.jpeg
week 3 also ?
damn check mine

so slow !!!
love yours picture

i do like you
one single plant , so it's for me , they can't say blablabla i sell ,no no no no no n o
one plant is the way to go

love how you put the light , some kind of spoon shape

Back
Top Bottom