Jay T Trichomes First Indoor Grow: One 5x5 Tent With 4 Photo Periods & One 5 x 5 With 6 Autoflowers

Hippie, sorry I don’t! I kind of got discouraged on doing the grow journals , because of lack of followers. I use this site to ask any questions I have and also try to help anyone on here if I can!
Please don’t get discouraged, with 275,000 journals. You did a great job on those girls , I see other growers doing it my way flood&drain I give them a @West Hippie and they know at that point I’m doing the same grow . These big growers would love to know about your grow . Please do another grow like this and give me @West Hippie ill be very happy to follow and a lot of other coco growers!

How’s it going JT just looked at your journal from jumping the best led light, for someone who asked those questions at the beginning of your journal, fuck me you done an amazing job mate hats of to you.
I also run coco in fabric pots I have done it with all different size pots in all sorts of ways in different sized tents.
At first when I started growing people kept saying you can over water coco, this is NOT TRUE as you found out, you must have a good established root system before you can water to run off which you probably know now, what I used to do is when I transplanted from a small pot that the seedlings was in was to water it before I transplanted into the larger fabric pot ( plus great white mycorrhizal powder is great to use at this time) then with a flat glass top scales weigh the plant if doing more than one top up with coco so they all weigh the same, day it weighed 4000 grams the next day weigh them if they weighed 3900 grams then water half strength nutrients till they are back to 4000 grams, as the days go buy you will notice they will keep wanting more feed and when you see runoff that’s the time you know you have built up a good root system and can not over water them, at this time I start to feed twice a day till run off, but the time I am well into flower I feed 4 times a day you will need to set up a automated system for this, as it would be time consuming, always check your runoff for ppms and ph and adjust next feed to suit I never go over 700 ppms / 1.4 EC you don’t need to as you are feeding so often plants only need what they need plus you must use drip clean in your res to keep the system clean and the plants free of salts.
I get a GPW using this method with hps lighting but want more that’s why I will be going led shortly just trying to find what’s best for me, hope this might help you cheers.

Thanks Basher! Sorry I just happened to see this reply , don’t know how I missed it that long ago..So I’ve seemed to have outgrown my tents and decided to build out some rooms. Here’s a few pics of the new rooms in action!
9503CFAB-A3D3-4044-A127-2A02488592B6.jpeg
94E582F3-3E44-422F-A43F-2016A0CB914A.jpeg
633E625B-2EF7-4829-9D25-9FE3B29CCD9A.jpeg
D1E28178-761C-40AE-861F-CC084B2B4D4A.jpeg
E0D7D38D-64CA-46C0-ACBD-A23A28CA765B.jpeg

Jesus Jay your really rocking now I am going to build my own rooms just after the new year as I have just put some girls into flower in a couple of 4x8 tents I was so pleased with my last crop as I got GPW with a strain and it’s top notch banging fire it’s called disco biscuit extremely strong I mean take a rhino down strong and tastes superb very popular here in the uk but growers most won’t grow it as it’s hard to grow and doesn’t yield well, I was lucky enough to get some cuts through a mate with some lemon zkittles as well which turned out nice to but had to take it down a bit early as my dehumidifier broke and started to get mould with high humidity, so enough about me what size rooms have you done, how many watts in led you running, what strains are the girls, what nutrients you running and how’s the yields or is this the maiden voyage? Let us know if I can if I can help in anyway, but it looks like you have it covered. Are you hand feeding? Drop us a message when you get a chance cheers for now.

Good day Basher! I have 8 stank breath ladies, MAC, Ice Cream Cake and a few Tropicana cookies going in my bigger flower room which is 9ft x 20ft. In that room I have 12 quantum boards. I have 4 boards wired to a meanwell 480 driver. I consider this one light. And I have 3 lights in that room , each light is pulling 660watts from the wall. So I have close to 2000 watts in that room. My other flower room is 10ft x 12ft. I have 8 boards in that room. So I’m getting a little over 1300 watts. I only have 8 Tropicana cookies in that room. Here in Michigan my patients love the citrus flavor of the Tropicana, so I grew more of them this round. I plan on running a strain called Tropicana Torte’ in my big room once that room is harvested. That strain is a cross between Tropicana Cookies and Wedding Cake. As far as watering I have 2 fifty gallon reservoirs one for each room. They both have a blue lab ph controller to maintain my ph. I have a pump in each reservoir and poly tube with a shut off attached at the end. So I still hand water but it doesn’t take long, just scoot around on my rolling chair and take a look at the ladies while I water. I currently water twice since the ladies are about 45 days into the flip. I will up to 3 times in a few more days. And then I will flush. I also run CO2 in both rooms at 1200ppm. That’s about it .... I’m using general hydroponic nutes this round. Stay stoned my friends!

Jay I can see your really going for it ,good man! Do you have plant count in Michigan? As for watering I run the plastic 7/8s pipe with valves and click off fittings on each plant give more control when watering and with a turn of a valve and unclick the fitting you can take a plant out easy to check, work on like defoliating and stuff to make life easier plus a good pump and timer with minutes and seconds on timed feedings the plants have stands that all run of goes down the stands and into a pipe that goes to a bucket with a lift pump on a hose to pump where every you like really works well set it and forget it for four days on 16 plants with a 210 litre res could go for more days with a bigger res, i to have the blue lab ph controller but to be honest don’t need it as my nutrients are stable ph once set. I use 10 litre fabric pots all coco 4 plants per 4x4 space with one 660 watt de light some times 3 lights per 8x4 space in flower and get GPW easy as long as there no issues with the plants which rarely happens.
I am going to make a RDWC system to reduce my plant count one plant per 4x4 space I have an alien pro 16 x 55litre pot system which I haven’t run yet but I am sure I can build one myself which will work better I have a 8x16 foot space to make my new room which will be a 12x8 and a 8x4 larger part for flower and smaller for veg. The room is in an out building so there is some more space outside the room for res and bits and bobs.i just need to reduce plant count and try make my life easier as I can’t ask anyone here to look after my grows as it illegal here plus I don’t want anyone knowing what I am doing or where the grow is I live in a very quiet spot and it’s ideal for what I do and want to keep it that way. I have been looking at the plc concept photo boost Samsung led light strips I think at the minute they are the best what’s out there for the money but the budget led light company are doing fantastic deals on Samsung QB so I am keen to see how you get on with them so make me proud and get some killer yields good luck and keep them green cheers.

My god I think I am going to move to Michigan lol.
How does it work with your caregivers? As in you grow it they pay the bills and give you a cut of the crop for your time?
How is the climate there all year in Michigan? as you have the potential of growing over three hundred pound of dried bud per annum what the prices like there? We get wholesale £160 pound per oz here in the uk but have to wait for money it’s fucking sucks and really pisses me off as I put a lot of effort into my growing drying and curing to make a good product but I only deal with two people I could get more but I don’t want to take risks, cheers for now mate.

How we doing mate I looked up some places over your way there was a 7 acre farm with two huge out buildings $169,000
Three bedrooms one bathroom in need of tlc but structural sound just paint carpets and nice fittings then I looked up the weather fuck it gets cold in winter there but de hps extracted to heat the rest of the house or building in winter maybe a shit load of chickens, sell the chickens to pay the bills lol.
I lived in NY for four and a half years in the early nineties and loved it but I am now married and my wife will not live the uk other wise I would live 50/50 USA UK and with what I know I think I could do well as I am sick of being so on my own here with it being illegal here it sucks as being away from my place is a nightmare cause I am very fussy and my son is so slap dash even though I make it so easy I still come home to fuck ups due to him not giving a fuck so I would love to branch out as I know my gear is mint that’s enough about me ranting on.
So you are using led all year? are you having to heat your rooms with lights on? as I know the LEDs don’t give off anywhere the heat hps does I was looking into two rooms running 12/12 on opposite light cycles as to heat the room with lights off from the lights on and viser verser but it’s complicated but I think it can be done as I pay shit loads for electric here $1,000.00 per month minimum.
Anyway keep in touch mate it’s always good to hear from others as I can’t talk to anyone about what I do, cheers.

Yes I use Led in all of my rooms except one room that I share with a cousin. We have double ended bulbs in that room. It is in a detached garage, and we call that our power hungry grow. We have 8000 watts in that room. So naturally in the summer it’s extremely hot with those lights running , so we have a mega split system to cool the room. And in the winter the lights do just fine with keeping the room temps in check. And we run heat when the lights aren’t on. And as far as the LED rooms, I still have to use portable ac’s in the summer in those rooms. They don’t produce a lot of heat individually but once you start stringing a few together they start producing a little heat.

I run hps 660 watt de nanolux lights they are a lot hotter than regular 660 watt single ended as I only have 7 ft ceiling height but I am doing an experiment in two tents to see if they really are that much better with de to se to see and I really think there will be fuck all in it, I am sure of it as the sun system block busters have served me very well in the passed but time will tell as you can buy used light reflectors like that for pennies as a posed to £300.00 pound de fittings here I know the de bulbs last lots longer but cost is of de bulbs are £60.00 pounds each you can get really good se bulbs here for £15.00 pound a bulb in the winter here cause of my grow being in a out building with no insulation I need the heat but in the summer I don’t so that’s why I am curious to see how you get on with the qb as they are such good value atm with that budget led I was thinking 5 x there 250 watt per 8x4 space which 1250 watts if this can complete with my setup and produce the same amount in yield I’ll jump on it as it would save me two 660 watts for 6 weeks in flower. So you run de to what’s your thoughts? Let us know when you get a minute mate cheers.

We run 1000w DE CMH , with phantom high frequency ballasts. We have a ceiling height of 12 feet in there. They put out a shit ton of HEAT brother. As much as I am all about my LED lighting, the bud density from the DE bulbs is definitely bigger, but it’s not really an accurate apples to apples scenario, since the total watts of the DE bulbs way surpasses anything I have with my LED rooms. But I also get great results with my LED boards. Maybe an exact experiment with the same amount of wattage needs to be done in my near future.. HMMM.. I really prefer the electricity savings while running my qb’s . The other room is a split adventure with my cousin and on a little bigger scale so that cost pays for itself. Hope the little tidbits help you along the way.

Arrr cmh another light I was looking into as they now have 630 watt de bulbs which I was thinking of giving those a go too, most people say the the resin production and density of the bud is where they come into there own? I didn’t really explain the last post properly as I had been to the pub lol
I have two 8x4 tents with 8 plants in 10 litre pots each tent, I run two 660watt de lights in each from veg to second week in flower then three 660 watt de till harvest and got 65 oz from one and 50 oz from the other but I had to take the 50 oz down early dew to bud rot as my dehumidifier broke, so do you think I could hit these numbers with 5 x 250 budget led qb in each tent? and the quality still has to be there? or a mixture of cmh de and qb. I am not in a hurry to change as my yields are great with what I have but in summer with out ac it’s a fucking nightmare with heat and running ac is so costly it’s hardly worth growing, let us know when you get a minute mate cheers.

Basher,
I average anywhere from 3 oz’s to 9 oz’s per plant under my quantum boards. Quality definitely isn’t an issue. The bigger issue I believe is genetics. For example my Tropicana cookies which isn’t known to be a huge yielder , yields less than say a strain like Stank Breath which is known in Michigan and produces a great harvest. So the answer in my eyes is more of a strain dependent issue. I also don’t see much of a yield difference between my LED rooms and the DE rooms, with the same strain. And no worries about rambling on after the pub, I’m normally enjoying some personal time with a beer and joint while I’m on this site as well!

How’s it going Jay hope all is well in your neck of the woods? I said I will be doing a run with my old ac block busters to de lights my cutting are just to be potted up to final pot tomorrow and I’ll give them two to three weeks to root properly and fill out 80 percent of the scrog nets and flip them, my two tents are looking amazing this time the lemon zskittles are only 20 odd inches high from the top of the coco but they have over 2 inch stems at the base the buds are 2 inches round and they still have three and a half weeks to go so they will really be a great yielder for me this time and should be much better quality than the last lot I had to take down early the disco biscuit looks to be the same as before so hoping that’s great to. You would never see two types of weed so different to each other the LZ is so small in height wide as fuck with big colas and the DB is so tall and lanky with all golf size buds it mental so enough about me how you getting on all good? Drop us a word when you get a chance mate cheers.

How’s it going Basher!! Well I just harvested my Stank Breath, kush mints , and ice cream cake. Oh yea and some citrus black. I am currently sprouting seeds to fill that room back up. I closed down the rooms for a deep cleaning and to run a few more lights in one of the rooms. So typically have have some plants coming out of the veg room to replace what I harvested. But not this time. So I had to pop some beans. Gonna run kushberry alien , blue dream, and green crack. Here’s a few pics of the seedlings and the other pics are about a week and half before I harvested this cycle
2779A142-50CF-4FAE-B31A-6625E4F88ADA.jpeg
8A7345B3-DEF2-426C-A75B-DB89A502019F.jpeg
636FF2B9-5C6B-4FA4-8D75-4CC4459330D5.jpeg
9223AB4A-5DC3-4747-86A8-16F66AB31D70.jpeg
12972284-DDC0-49AE-BFAA-8DF78B3173B7.jpeg

Very nice indeed those buds look mint I wouldn’t expect nothing less from yourself mate, looks to me you have this growing to a tee I bet your patients are very happy with there medicine, seeing you have a few grows going on have you thought about using that jacks 321 nutrients there are a lot of people having very good results with it and if you buy the large bags it cheap as fuck if I lived in the states I would definitely give it a go and keep those nutrients bills down as most of the nutrients companies are a fucking rip off, good luck with the seeds may your garden be green and fruitful cheers.

Back
Top Bottom