Jay233 Perpetual Grow - Photos - Autos in Coco

Guys sorry for the lack of up dates the last couple days. Been very busy.
Also, I will be starting a new thread that I know you will all enjoy.
When I set it all up I'll post a link here as well.
It's a sponsored grow featuring the new Perfect Sun 675 watt COB led with 50 watt cree COB'S and 5 watt Bridgelux leds. Going to grow some bud monsters. :)

Look at you getting sponsored! Doing big things in a short time! Congrats.

Was going to be 1 oz of de-carbed bud to one stick of butter but it ended up being one oz of de-carbed bud to 1/2 stick of butter.
20170523_083137.jpg

Thanks Ms. Sinful. :)

Not really a "short time" tho lol

I just made a batch of my famous "way way too strong cookies" ....have to test them of course...not planning on a super productive day today lol

Haha very true! Not short at all. I think I confused you with another grower for a second.

Well the two Jawa Pie seeds and The Big Bud seed popped and will be going in coco today. :)

The Incredible Bulk just got soaked so she's a little behind.

My process for popping seeds that works best for me is. Drop the seed in a solo cup 1/4 filled with ph'd water. Then place in a dark, slightly warm spot until the seed sinks then I place it in a moist (ph'd water) paper towel in a dark, warm spot for a day or so until root pops out and is over 1/2 inch long. Then I place them in coco buffered with low ppm clonex then I water lightly everyday until plant pops up.

Man, that looks nice jay.. cookies hard hitters? :passitleft:

Man, that looks nice jay.. cookies hard hitters? :passitleft:

Thanks Grizz!, yeah these are some pretty trich covered buds. Trimming it reminded me of some THC Bomb I grew a couple years ago. The sugar leaves are so covered I didn't trim some of them off.
One thing I didn't like is this is one of the lowest yielding photos I have grown in a while. I'll give a total weight when it's cured. Even tho the buds are so heavy about 6 branches snapped from weight when I moved it out of the flower room....still small buds. It wasn't for lack of light and the plant was healthy throughout the grow and the flowing enviornment was ideal, I still think grower (me :) ) error played a role. I am sproutin two more Jawa Pie and I'm going to run it again. I'm going to grow a mother and then take clones and flower those.
The smell is unbelievable. So strong and sweet with a little citrus.

I just finished the harvest and I did something different this time. Bud Washing. I have heard great things from growers I highly respect so I figured I'd give it a go with such a tasty strain. I followed DocBud's instructions, used the three buckets, room temp, hot with baking soda and lemon juice and a cold rinse. I hung them by the stalks for half a day and then trimmed and placed on the drying rack.
My first impression is.... I'm impressed. Just the feel of the bud after drying is noticeably crisp and I feel easier to trim. A smoke report when the drying and cure is done will reveal the real results tho :)

I noticed the bud washing made for an easier trim also. Last time I did it I moulded up my main cola so stopped. My own fault not ringing all water out before hanging but it pissed me off lol.. I've got to start making some edibles, start using my magical butter machine :rofl::passitleft:

I noticed the bud washing made for an easier trim also. Last time I did it I moulded up my main cola so stopped. My own fault not ringing all water out before hanging but it pissed me off lol.. I've got to start making some edibles, start using my magical butter machine :rofl::passitleft:
That's good to know. Thanks. I rolled the stem between my fingers while the buds hung down. Kinda a manual spin dry lol. But I will pay close attention to getting as much water off as I can.

Edibles! .
I went a while without making them and I forgot how much I enjoy them. Just getting the dose right has been tricky for me in the past lol. I've got two different strengths right now. One I can have in the morning and I'm mildly high all day and then I smoke a little here and there. The other....lol....I eat when I won't be doing anything at all and I don't usually smoke for most of the day lol.
I have been just using a crock pot (slow cooker) and cheese cloth for years. I gotta get one of those Majical Butter machines myself. Crock pot works fine tho, just takes a while. If I start in the morning it's ready by the next morning. De-carb in the oven 220 degrees F for 20 mins then in the crock pot with butter and water on low (stirring occasionally) for 8-14 hrs, then strain into a glass dish and then place in the fridge overnight. In the morning I lift the butter off the top or make a small hole on the side of the butter and drain the dirty water from underneath.
That's it.

That's good to know. Thanks. I rolled the stem between my fingers while the buds hung down. Kinda a manual spin dry lol. But I will pay close attention to getting as much water off as I can.

Edibles! .
I went a while without making them and I forgot how much I enjoy them. Just getting the dose right has been tricky for me in the past lol. I've got two different strengths right now. One I can have in the morning and I'm mildly high all day and then I smoke a little here and there. The other....lol....I eat when I won't be doing anything at all and I don't usually smoke for most of the day lol.
I have been just using a crock pot (slow cooker) and cheese cloth for years. I gotta get one of those Majical Butter machines myself. Crock pot works fine tho, just takes a while. If I start in the morning it's ready by the next morning. De-carb in the oven 220 degrees F for 20 mins then in the crock pot with butter and water on low (stirring occasionally) for 8-14 hrs, then strain into a glass dish and then place in the fridge overnight. In the morning I lift the butter off the top or make a small hole on the side of the butter and drain the dirty water from underneath.
That's it.
How much butter and trimmings do you use for a batch if you don't mind me asking, i would like to try it one day.✌

How much butter and trimmings do you use for a batch if you don't mind me asking, i would like to try it one day.✌
Well that's where it gets tricky lol. I use the frosty sugar leaf trim and popcorn buds. It depends on how tricome laden what I'm using is. I usually start with an oz. Of good trim to one lb of butter (4 sticks). If I want it stronger I use less butter. If the trim isn't covered with tricomes I also use less butter. I've found the oz. To 1 lb works pretty good for a starting point. If I only have a half oz of good trim ready I just use 2 sticks of butter and so on. The butter to water ratio I just do 1 cup of water per stick of butter with a minimum of 2 cups of water. So if I'm only using one stick of butter in the crock pot I will still use at least 2 cups of water, keeps the butter from over heating in the crock pot....ask me how I know lol.
You can also do it in a saucepan over the stove without water, just butter or you can use water with the saucepan. Lots of different ways to make canna butter but what works best for me is decarb ed in the oven and then low heat in the crock pot for a while.
Hope that wasn't to confusing.

Back
Top Bottom