Jays 3rd Grow - Indoor - LED - Soil - Multi-Strain Journal

The girls got new homes today, I was originally going to use FFOF but a friend recommended Empire Builders growers mix. I figured I'd give it a shot. It's mainly coco coir but has some additional ingredients.

"Crafted with pride from coco coir, sphagnum peat moss, composted forest product, worm castings, coco chips, lava rock, pumice, perlite, gypsum, langbeinite, sea bird and bat guano, fish bonemeal, feather meal, bonemeal, limestone, greensand, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, glacial rock dust, azomite, soybean meal, and rice bran."

f531fee301d6bfbe16faa8fb7b34a3c7.jpg

All the girls had healthy roots that had filled up the small pots. It was def time to let them stretch their legs a bit.

22563f1a73cd2bd173bbb16153d14d18.jpg

All nice and snug in their new beds. My ocd couldn't handle only having 5 pots so I filled up the 6th and will be throwing one of the crosses I made in it. I can't wait to see how it turns out going straight into flower after sprouting.

5af7d28ee057d0471eaa16ad414dda05.jpg

I decided to go with a Papaya/Aurora cross and popped a seed into some water today to soak. I really liked the frostyness of the Aurora and she had a great terpen profile, should make for a great plant.

The Papaya/Aurora cross, which from now on will be known as Aurora P, cracked today and was showing a bit of tap root. She went directly into her 3 gallon pot and I'm hopeful she will sprout.
56d20accd8783f64bcf7f34c70ffcd12.jpg

I removed a lot of the fan leaves from the other 5 plants to get some light to the side branches. I think I let them go a little too long in the small pots without starting a feeding schedule as some of the older leaves looked to have a cal/mag deficiency. When I transplanted I gave them a 1/4 feeding of nutes which seems to have helped. I got a little complacent and was out of town a lot over the past few weeks. But now that they have room to stretch their roots we are back on track. I plan on flipping this Thursday so things should start to pick up visually in the grow tent.
011bd6f9b6e773dcd3217b0e5d9c4c60.jpg

hey Jay

Looking good

I am using the MAR II 1200w LEDs for my grow.

Looking at your plants they seem bigger stronger than what i have so far. mine are OG Kush/ Durban Poison and Green Crack.

Question my stocks look small compared to yours, did you use any nutes when you transfered your seeds to pots? and if so what did you use? Also looking at your roots they have filled the pot where mine seems to have only grown down.

Could the height of my lights be to high?
IMG_193641.JPG

Day14feb12day9ag_1_.JPG
Day14feb12day9ag_roots_1_.JPG

These are 9 days after they sprouted. I am thinking of transplanting today.

Check out my Journal slylikeafox-promix soil-CaliOG KUsh 2018

Thanks for any wisdom.

Looking good Jay. Like your selection of strains.

Thanks, Troy! Been following along with your girls and Dee is really bushing out. I think she is about the same age as mine, goes to show what LST can really do to increase growth!

hey Jay

Looking good

I am using the MAR II 1200w LEDs for my grow.

Looking at your plants they seem bigger stronger than what i have so far. mine are OG Kush/ Durban Poison and Green Crack.

Question my stocks look small compared to yours, did you use any nutes when you transfered your seeds to pots? and if so what did you use? Also looking at your roots they have filled the pot where mine seems to have only grown down.

Could the height of my lights be to high?
IMG_193641.JPG

Day14feb12day9ag_1_.JPG
Day14feb12day9ag_roots_1_.JPG

These are 9 days after they sprouted. I am thinking of transplanting today.

Check out my Journal slylikeafox-promix soil-CaliOG KUsh 2018

Thanks for any wisdom.

Thanks and Welcome, Sly!! You have a nice set up from what I can see in these pics! I wish I could run a tent that size!!

For only being 9 days out from sprouting I would say you are right on track! My girls were 3 weeks old at time of transplant so that would explain the size and root growth difference. I didn't use any nutes while they were in the small pots ( I def should have started a week or so ago), when I transplanted I gave a 1/4 strength feeding to start easing them into full nutes. I'll have to swing by your journal and check out your grow.

Thanks, Troy! Been following along with your girls and Dee is really bushing out. I think she is about the same age as mine, goes to show what LST can really do to increase growth!

I sure hope so. I've been having fun with her and she must have a dozen bud sites. I'm going to let her start growing upward and then just do LST to pull away and open up.

I sure hope so. I've been having fun with her and she must have a dozen bud sites. I'm going to let her start growing upward and then just do LST to pull away and open up.

It's crazy how much you can manipulate these plants and get them to produce beyond what they would normally do!

One of my favorite part of a grow is watching those girls first pop up out of the soil. I bet she will be up and stretching her wings today.

It is always exciting to see them sprout, I always tell my wife when they first pop up "I've created life" she rolls her eyes and proclaims that she has given birth so... lol.
She is up and opening her little leaves, I forgot to get a picture before I headed down to SoCal for a wedding this weekend. Excited to see her progress when I return on Sunday.

It is always exciting to see them sprout, I always tell my wife when they first pop up "I've created life" she rolls her eyes and proclaims that she has given birth so... lol.
She is up and opening her little leaves, I forgot to get a picture before I headed down to SoCal for a wedding this weekend. Excited to see her progress when I return on Sunday.

Jay - have a great trip and look forward to your safe return.

You struck a nerve with me when you described creating life. My daughter had a bone marrow transplant and when the doctor walked in the room carrying a 1.5 liter of stem cells harvested from my son it sent shivers down my spine knowing he was holding her life in that small bag. Every time I see a seedling pop up I know I have created a new living thing. Well maybe not created but nurtured.

Have fun at the wedding.

heres to a happy grow!! :)

Jay - have a great trip and look forward to your safe return.

You struck a nerve with me when you described creating life. My daughter had a bone marrow transplant and when the doctor walked in the room carrying a 1.5 liter of stem cells harvested from my son it sent shivers down my spine knowing he was holding her life in that small bag. Every time I see a seedling pop up I know I have created a new living thing. Well maybe not created but nurtured.

Had an amazing time, got to hang with a lot of friends I hadn't seen in 10+ years. It was a long drive back but my 6 month old handled it like a champ, this was his 4th drive down south and back so he is a seasoned traveler now!

Troy, as a new father I can't even imagine what going through that felt like! Modern science is a crazy thing but just knowing your daughters life was in one mans hands must have been unbearable. I truly hope it all went well for your daughter!!

All went pretty well for my daughter. She had no more than 1 year to live and that was 10 years ago. She is now pretty much OK. She coded at one point and had some brain damage from a drug interactions. She now suffers from seizures. I'm hoping to try some CBC on her. She is now 30 and has things under control with lots of drugs that I would like to get her off.

All went pretty well for my daughter. She had no more than 1 year to live and that was 10 years ago. She is now pretty much OK. She coded at one point and had some brain damage from a drug interactions. She now suffers from seizures. I'm hoping to try some CBC on her. She is now 30 and has things under control with lots of drugs that I would like to get her off.

Wow, glad to hear that she is doing okay. I've seen some great things from this plant to help with seizures, hopefully if she is open to trying it can help get her off those pharmaceuticals!

So now that I can get back on here, relearn how to navigate this new format I can finally post an update. Still can't access from the app on my phone so taking advantage of some down time at work...

I had planned on flipping to 12/12 last Thursday, but I left out of town and the last time I did that my timer got messed up and my lights were off for almost 4 days. So, I decided to wait until I got home. I was so tired and out of it when I got back from the wedding that I pocked my head into the tent to make sure the girls were fine and headed back into the house to recover.
On Monday I watered with full strength feeding of FF nutrient using the week before flower schedule. I set the timer to go off at 6am Tuesday and closed the tent. I wanted to give the girls a nice jump into flower so I planned on leaving the light off for 24 hours. Well, I must have still been slightly hung over because I should have turned the lights off at 6pm on Tuesday so they would come on at 6pm today (Wednesday) now it will be 36 hours of dark. Not a big deal but I had to laugh at myself a little.
Here are some pics I took on Monday night before the flip. I will post some pics of the girls when the lights come on...Oh man, back to having to wait for lights on to look at my girls lol

Back
Top Bottom