Jays 3rd Grow - Indoor - LED - Soil - Multi-Strain Journal

All the girls are doing great, today is day 10 of flower and the lower branches are filling in a nice shape. I trimmed off the larger fan leaves to give the lower branches some better light. I dont want them stretching too far out from the center of the plant and crowding their neighbors. I’ve been rotating the plants counter clockwise and spinning the pots a quarter turn every day to make sure they are all getting equal light exposure.
I have been adding some worm casting tea every other watering to add some beneficial microbes to the coco mix. Seems to be working and the plants respond well after watering.
So far everything has been going smoothly and fingers crossed but I haven't had any issues...knock on wood..
I can't wait to see some pistil production, I know they aren't far off.

Still can't get over how thin the leaf blades are on the Papaya, they almost look like spider legs. Can't wait to see what her bud structure looks like compared to her mother.

The Aurora P is slowly putting on some vegetation, she is so little compared to her sister. Cool thing is that she doesn't take up much space so it gives the other girls some room.

:rollit::passitleft:

The newest addition, one of my buddies Jock Horror x Aurora sprouts from the seeds I gave him. He sprouted them in his aerogarden with plans to move them into his aquaponic system but ran out of space. I’m hoping transplanting doesn’t cause too much stress. Still haven’t decided if I’ll add her to my large tent to flower or if I’ll flower her in my small tent under flourescent lights. For now she is in the small tent until I decide.

Morning Jay

Just stopping by to have a look. Jock looks to be nice and healthy. Hope she shows you love.

Keep it Frosty Bud.:cool:

Looks like a healthy seedling. You will have no problem with transplanting at this time. Maybe give it a shot of root stimulator. Also may not be as much of a shock if you ran her in CoCo.

Thanks guys, I ended up putting her into the big tent with all the others. Gave her a good inspection to make sure she wasnt bringing any stowaways with her. I watered with a little bit of superthrive after transplant to reduce shock, she is in a coco based mix, Troy so I'm guessing that will help with the shock.

Thanks guys, I ended up putting her into the big tent with all the others. Gave her a good inspection to make sure she wasnt bringing any stowaways with her. I watered with a little bit of superthrive after transplant to reduce shock, she is in a coco based mix, Troy so I'm guessing that will help with the shock.

I'm guessing you will not have any shock at all. CoCo with nutrients are going to be just like in DWC. If you could find out how many ppm she was getting before it might help you know where to start her out. Make sure you add some Cal-Mag to you nutes....

Coming up on week two of flower in a few days, just can’t wait to see some flower production!
Ice continues to reach upward and is a good 4-5 inches taller than the rest of the girls.
So fare Jock A is doing great with the transplant and hasn’t shown any signs of stress.

So I always water to runoff, actually I like to have a good amount flow through the pots. My first grow (didn't journal that one) I was taking my plant out of the tent and draining into a bucket. It took forever to run water through and wait for it to stop draining. So when I decided to do a scrog for my second grow (first journal) I knew I had to have a better way to water because I couldn't remove the plants.

I already had my tent on a wood platform/ stand that was about 3 1/2 feet tall, I'm 6' 3" so I don't like bending down to look at my plants. Any way, I bought a flood tray and cut a small hole and ran some clear tubing that drains into a bucket. I have had this going for 3 grows now and it is so nice to just water and walk away! When I moved a few months ago I set it up on the metal shelving you see in the pics. The old wood platform that I drilled the hole in fit perfectly on the metal shelving, it sits a little higher but the plants are at a perfect height for trimming and fondling lol

Lots of pics in this update, these were all taken last night on day 14 of flower. I did a lot of defoliating removing all the lower vegetation from the lower branches and a few upper fan leaves here and there. I want all that energy going to the tops where the light is the most intense. This will be the last round of major defol, I will just remove fan leaves here and there that are shading bud sights.

I did notice that some of the older lower leaves on the Blueberry had some dark spots, I included a pic below. I'm thinking it looks like a phosphorus deficiency but not 100% sure ?? I let them go a little longer between feeding waiting on some worm tea and I have a feeling that played a part. Again not sure as only the blueberry is showing symptoms. I will continue to monitor to see if any new areas show signs, as of now all the new growth looks great.

now for pics...

They really do grow fast. I just dropped seeds for my next round and they popped up much faster than I head expected. I may have to fire up my second tent tomorrow or over the weekend. The tent is right next to my main tent but have been using it to store things.

I have no basis except experience I had back in the 70's when I was growing bag seeds out side. I would strip every leaf trying to force all the THC to the buds. Back in those days there was no forum or books that indication that the THC in the leaf was so low. My product was so strong it would flatten you. They weren't affected by my heavy pruning.

Currently I am pretty aggressive on my pruning during grow phase and mostly lollipop and remove large fans that at blocking buds. Good rule of thumb I use is to go slow and if you see any negative reaction hold off.

Girls are looking great Jay

Talking about pruning how much is to much. I am looking at removing a bunch of growth. but being new am concerned about doing to much. Any advice.

Thanks for any insite.:eek:

Thanks, Sly!!
Like Troy says below I am heavy on the pruning. I constantly remove large fan leaves that cover tops of branches I also do 2/3 heavy removals of leaves and offshoots that are below the canopy during veg and then at least 1 more in the first two weeks of flower. I like to get the last one in right at week two. From there it’s just large leaves as needed to keep the tops in the light.

My motto is if it’s not getting direct light then it’s got to go.

I have no basis except experience I had back in the 70's when I was growing bag seeds out side. I would strip every leaf trying to force all the THC to the buds. Back in those days there was no forum or books that indication that the THC in the leaf was so low. My product was so strong it would flatten you. They weren't affected by my heavy pruning.

Currently I am pretty aggressive on my pruning during grow phase and mostly lollipop and remove large fans that at blocking buds. Good rule of thumb I use is to go slow and if you see any negative reaction hold off.

Thanks for the insight, Troy. Glad I’m not the only one who’s not afraid to be aggressive with the pruning! Some time I feel like I’ve left the girls a little exposed lol. And as you said, listen to your girls and they will let you know when you’ve gone to far.

Happy looking plants. Great work.

Thanks, 1stgrow. They are quickly moving into flower can’t wait to see the buds start packing on!

Back
Top Bottom