Jay's Detailed Soilless Grow

Think this soilless mix is ok? Just the last pic worries me.. Feeds 9 months??

Screenshot_20190423-175719.pngScreenshot_20190423-175622.pngScreenshot_20190423-175647.pngScreenshot_20190423-175554.png
houseplants, maybe.... a fruiting plant, not a chance. Our weeds are particularly hungry and even though those little nutrient time release nuggets in there will still be releasing their stuff all through the grow, it will not be enough to grow cannabis buds to the level that you are going to want.

That is the right company that is their potting mix with some fertilizer in it if you can find the white bag that says HP and mycorrhiza by the same company I’ll see if I can find an old bag it’s $11 at Canadian tire

That will work fine tho just make sure to supplement hard your girls will suck tha stuff out of available nutrients and make sure too keep the slow release in mind and adjust your veg and bloom formulas accordingly more basics are more N for veg and more K and P for flower as I said just basics

Yeaait looks like this 2FC253B7-5323-45A2-BB4C-C180F11161F0.jpeg
The important thing with any soiless substrate for best control is make sure it’s Ph buffered (will have lime or some sort of buffering agent in the ingredients) and the lack of a NPK rating giving you complete control of the root zone and what is being fed and used this is especially important for testing run off if you have slow release fertilizer it will mess with both your PPM and PH on run off and you will not be able to properly control the transition of veg to flower nutrients, further more makes flushing very very hard as you need to desolve and flush all those pellets just makes for allot more work and harder to read plants

That is the stuff you want you can add extra perlite for more drainage but I like it the way it comes holds water well it didn’t evaporate too fast allowing for the plant to use most of the water instead of going into the air and leaving extra salts in the substrate, the mycorrhiza also help big with both the growtof roots and making more nutrients available at the rates the plant is asking for it they have a symbiotic relationship with plant roots the feed off the carbohydrates the plant expels and in turn act as almost like a second root system finding and delivering the water and nutrients to the roots even when the tips can’t reach this along with a healthy Ryzoshpere also wards off pesky fungi in the garden like root rot as the beneficial fungi have taken the vacancy
A bit of Microbiology to help you out
Happy roots= big healthy plants
A botanist once told me and I love thinking of it this way is that you’re plant is just a representation of the health and vigor of the roots below

We do have a Rona yes. I will go and find some of that today! Good info Canadian thanks. Certainly know your stuff.

This grow is bizzzaare. I'm starting to think the mutation is with the grower...

Screenshot_20190424-131616.png

Here's Hindi again, 4 fingers (bottom), and tiny 4th fingers left and right...

And here is Blue, a completely different strain, bought at different time, different company...

Screenshot_20190424-131636.png

Trying to grow a 4th finger! Weird.. The speckles are cause she was just misted with water.

Well I have the advantage of being a greenhouse builder/ designer I also have a background in botany and biology not to mention I have been growing since I was 13 have had lots of years of trial and error with this specific plant,and @r0m1ng st0ner could be right stress will make a lot of strange growth patterns show up don’t be worried tho it’s a weed it loves a little adversity little bit of stress can be good for them

Haha ya, that's probably it. The whole MH light and low RH at the start may have caused some stress issues. But no worries here, they do look like they're growing well now :)

When do you think I could get the MH on low? Another week yet? Hoping to switch to MH before transplant. The two bigger ones are growing their 4th nodes.

Also found and bought the Promix HP.

Good glad you found the good stuff bro you will save a lot of work and time with that and frustration, and I’d say give them just a few more days maybe 2 than hit them with the HID on low keep a decent distance to start let them grow towards it as you turn it up would be the safest route after probably a week or so of HIDthey will probably be ready for transplant and a very light feeding like 1/4 strength or less

One more tip I can’t recommend enough is B vitamins they are amazing for plant Heath and metabolism just cut them first week of flower they prevent stress and will slow the transition L, when we flip out lights growing indoor we induce a kind of light stress that causes fat sticky dense buds this stress is most helpful in first week of flip and b vitamins can reduce that stress and we don’t want that

Back
Top Bottom