Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

re: Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

Ok I need help, my NL x BB plant has a deficiency of some sort. Yesterday I let it dry out too much and it was drooping, so I watered it with plain water which I believe was the scheduled thing. Today it's perked back up but on half the leaves it is showing this deficiency, there is yellow starting in the center of the leaves.
image30826.jpg

Any ideas. This plant was perfect until I let it get too dry now I fear I've screwed it up. Let me know what you think asap. Thanks.

Ok I need help, my NL x BB plant has a deficiency of some sort. Yesterday I let it dry out too much and it was drooping, so I watered it with plain water which I believe was the scheduled thing. Today it's perked back up but on half the leaves it is showing this deficiency, there is yellow starting in the center of the leaves.
image30826.jpg

Any ideas. This plant was perfect until I let it get too dry now I fear I've screwed it up. Let me know what you think asap. Thanks.

I'm not sure I see what you're seeing. I will say my fan leaves are not perfect in my bloom room. I get some weird spots. I have only used cal mag once in this grow. I think I'm needing some epsom, but I'm not certain with this being my first run in these lights.

How close are your plants to the light s?

Might see a bit of bleaching...

yeah from what i can see it looks like magnesium or another trace element deficiency.

I assume you pH your water? wrong pH can affect the uptake of certain things.

I did see a grow that said that his northern lights was extremely hungry for cal mag, and he couldnt get on top of it. (was medgrower on youtube maybe about 8 months ago if you want to look for the video) however I have grown more NL than anything else and never had this problem.

letting plants dry out isnt usually a problem, they mostly bounce back from it just fine, even if they look extremely droopy.

2 waterings without cal mag?

its possible that its really hungry for that, and missing it 2 times has caused a deficiency.

Its often difficult to diagnose these problems, as lots of things look very similar. Its just interesting that I saw another NL grow that was really hungry for cal mag, makes me think thats the likely cause.

you mentioned that you have problems with temps, this can also affect nutrient uptake how has it been in this time?

side question, what power is your LED? im just curious to see the results in comparison with mine.

The flowers are looking great!

As far as that leaf problem, I always found the best thing to do with those kinds of problem is flush it, then feed it at a less strength for one feeding. Or sometimes I'll just reduce the nutes without a flush unless it starts to spread. The leaves won't recover either way so just be sure to monitor the spreading.

what power is your LED? im just curious to see the results in comparison with mine.

You mean what is the power draw? For veg, it's around 93w and for bloom,185w. Unless you mean the diodes. In that case 100x3w.

ah very similar to my mars hydro

I believe it's counterpart is the Mars reflector because it's the Mars hydro led with 3w diodes. The Mars II has the 5w chips.

Based off the chart I'm looking at it seems like it could be a magnesium deficiency. Only problem is I've been giving cal mag with every watering so I'm not sure.
I read that Cal Mag is very slow to uptake from the roots, I had some similar discolorization. I used a 25% strength Cal Mag foliar feed right before flower and for the first week of flower. No more of those leaves have appeared and my new growth is healthy looking. I realize you prob dont want to spray this late in flower, just sharing my experience. This is anecdotal at best, it could have been a number of things that stopped mine from doing that, I have yet to verify by repeating. :Namaste:

Ok sorry for the delay everyone. Been busy with work and then my journal got locked for a stupid reason that had nothing to do with me for a while.

Since my last update I have harvested my two autos, Med Gom 1.0 and Fast and Vast. They were harvested at 73 days. Below are the harvest pictures.

First up is Med Gom
image31360.jpg

image31361.jpg

Post harvest her smell is very much like fuel mixed with pine. Very fat, can't wait to see the dry weight. I don't have a scale yet so no wet weight.

Now the Fast and Vast
image31362.jpg
image31363.jpg

And a quick update on the Northern lights x Big bud. It's still working through the deficiency it had plus it has a slight nitrogen def right now. Still, it's putting on weight hardcore. Just gotta get her across the finish line.
image30827.jpg

That NLxBB looks so pretty... Super big colas! Judging by all the white pistols popping out still, you've got a little while left meaning those buds are going to fatten up very nicely.

Was the NLxBB under only the 300w LED? I'm trying to get a feel for what other LEDs can produce to see if I need a replacement in the future for something better.

That NLxBB looks so pretty... Super big colas! Judging by all the white pistols popping out still, you've got a little while left meaning those buds are going to fatten up very nicely.

Was the NLxBB under only the 300w LED? I'm trying to get a feel for what other LEDs can produce to see if I need a replacement in the future for something better.

YES! The NL has only been under this one 300 watt light.

Hello again everyone, sorry for the recent lack of updates, started a new job and have been very busy. I've barely seen my plant.

NL x BB is on day 45 of flower and is now in the breeders alleged harvest window of 45-55 days, so I took a few cuttings and looked at them under the scope and they are about 5% amber. Being surprised by this quick finish I have neglected the flush, so beginning tomorrow night I will flush the plant using sledgehammer and let it go until probably Tuesday night before I chop her. Here are a couple pictures.

image32513.jpg

image32514.jpg

image32515.jpg

I've been having a problem with the leaves on this one dying off the past week or so, don't know what the issue is or if it is just old age. It is annoying as she was beautiful to this point. Let me know what you think of my plans and my plant. Thanks for stopping by.

Well I can't really say why the leaves are dying but I can point out a small problem that could possibly be associated with it. I notice a few leaves on the back of the bud have "the claw" also known as nitrogen toxicity. They look real nice nonetheless. Awesome job, man.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom