JBC's Mystery Seed - Stealth Grow - DIY Veg Box - New Ways

Re: JBC's Mystery Seed, Stealth Grow, DIY Veg box, New ways

Thanks deege2491 and Bobulak and welcome to my mystery journal. ?????

Ok pictures up tomorrow of the healthy bitch! She's doing great at the min really couldnt be more healthy lol.:thumb:

I'm switching to the GLR lighting method today. For those who dont know it'l be on 12/12 with 1 hour of light in the middle of the 12hr dark to keep it from budding. Then when in flower will be knocking off 1 hr of light every week. Apparently it grows faster , less electric and more potent! I have never used this method before so will be interesting to see how it goes.

GLR method taught by Twelve12, he has a blog on GLR if you want more info on it.

Peace ouuuuut 420

question : How do you set your timer to turn on during the lights off period? do you just run it through 2 timers or something?

Thats honestly the only thing that has kept me from expeiremnting with 12/12

Easy Ilikebike, I also like bike lol.

Anyway, not sure where the porblem would be. I use a timer where you flick them black squares to say when it on or off at whatever hours I want. 1 timer.
I have it on for 12 hrs off for 5 1/2 hours on for 1hr off for another 5 1/2hrs and back to the beginning again. Hope you got that mate. Ill put up the nice new veg pics in a few hours.:Namaste::420:

Day 11 veg.

Ok here we are today. All is go now, loving the coco and growing nice and healthy. Tiny yellowing of lower 2 leaves so will feed today half dose Coco a+b. I will give her 2ml per Litre of the A+B.

Here she is anyway, now on the GLR lighting schedule and will be using the diminishing light schedule for flower, reducing light by half hour every week after first 2 week of flower.

DSC004675.JPG
DSC004703.JPG

Haze defo out of the window on this Indica dominant girl.

:420:

Easy Ilikebike, I also like bike lol.

Anyway, not sure where the porblem would be. I use a timer where you flick them black squares to say when it on or off at whatever hours I want. 1 timer.
I have it on for 12 hrs off for 5 1/2 hours on for 1hr off for another 5 1/2hrs and back to the beginning again. Hope you got that mate. Ill put up the nice new veg pics in a few hours.:Namaste::420:

haha wow i completely over looked that, haha i was thinking i would use my Digital Outlet Timer but the Analog one would be perfect! i knew there was a reason why i asked you the question your a smart man!

haha wow i completely over looked that, haha i was thinking i would use my Digital Outlet Timer but the Analog one would be perfect! i knew there was a reason why i asked you the question your a smart man!

I figured you were using a digital when you asked that question. I'm going to stay with mechanical timers for now myself; one of my lights actually suggests not to use a digital timer.

Is that a Basil plant up above? I didn't know you could smoke that $hit..... :)

(kidding, kidding)
:peace:

I'm sure as hell gonna try Potchimp bro hahaha. No recently i've got into trying to be self sufficient a bit. I proper-gate my fruit and veg inside then out to my garden.

Haha yeah ilikebike man thanks lol. Yeh I use an analog timer. :thanks: :peace::love:

subbed mate, be good to see what it turns out to be, plant looks really healthy as well, i think cfl's do great for the veg cycle, my grow is a cfl experiment so ill be using cfl's from start to finish so only time will tell,

subbed mate, be good to see what it turns out to be, plant looks really healthy as well, i think cfl's do great for the veg cycle, my grow is a cfl experiment so ill be using cfl's from start to finish so only time will tell,

Hi Donpaul welcome aboard mate,
Mate cfl throughout works fine, just keep them as close as you can!! Here are a few of mine under cfl throughout.
P10004253.JPG

P10004513.JPG
100_29821.JPG
100_24582.JPG

CFL POWER:peace:

Although HPS is faster and produces dencer buds!

very nice mate, a lot of people hate cfls and say you wont get much off them, but yet again results like your show that it can be done, ive never used them before to grow with, ive got plents of teh 2700 cfls they used to send them free through the post for energy companies when they stopped making and selling the incandecent type bubls so ive got about 50 2700 cfls, low wattage though so might be a problem and might need to get some higher wattage 2700, but their easy to get, i cant find any shops that sell 6500k cfls they seem hard to get and i have to get mine off amazon, the hydro shop a rang the other day sells 100 watt cfls for about £40. or 200 for bout £55, so not sure if i should go for them or stick with the lower wattage ones, so far im using several 30watt 6500 cfl for veg with 2 20watt 2700 cfl's for the extra light spectrum, but when i come to veg ill be using mostly 2700 k cfls, i got shed loads of the low wattage in that range roughly in the 20 watt range, i could have loads above the plants then hang loads of lights all around and between the plants.

another thing im unsure of is grow method, do i just let them grow natural with just the odd bit of pruning or should i go with lst, the problem is, lst produces loads of smalller buds where as natural produces 1 big and several small, or their is the fim technic, i just want to try and get the best yield i can, so im unsure what to do with them at the moment.

did you just let yours grow as they was or if not what did you do to get results like that

great buds by the way, you got some nice results

JBC420 your seedlings are looking extra healthy. The Coco A+B nute will be excellent for coco coir you're using. I wanted to try that nute for sometime. Still got plenty of unused BPN left may just do a comparison run with it in the future. For now, I'll be watching yours to get an idea. Looking forward to your use of diminishing cycle. I only tested out the GLR and not the diminishing. Best for single crop harvest and not recommend for perpetual cycle. With your grow should work wonders.

Thanks Twelve12,
Good to have you aboard man! Yeah I had great results last time I used full coco and A+B nutes, they were soooo healthy but then my wardrobe was damp so they got bud rot at the end , but the plants didin't have a single problem it was the house. Damp/condensation fixed now and back up and running, so should be a good one.

Plus great to have someone with your expertise along, thanks man.:peace:

i cant find any shops that sell 6500k cfls they seem hard to get and i have to get mine off amazon, the hydro shop a rang the other day sells 100 watt cfls for about £40. or 200 for bout £55, so not sure if i should go for them or stick with the lower wattage ones, so far im using several 30watt 6500 cfl for veg with 2 20watt 2700 cfl's for the extra light spectrum, but when i come to veg ill be using mostly 2700 k cfls, i got shed loads of the low wattage in that range roughly in the 20 watt range, i could have loads above the plants then hang loads of lights all around and between the plants.

Homebase bro! Or amazon. The big 250w are good I have a 2700k for flower. This beast.
100_36982.JPG

This was used to flower them previous plants and worked fine. But I reckon its better to use more of the 30w-65w so you can mix up the spec and place them where you like. I'll be using HPS for flower this time though, need more speed and density. May only be a 250w HPS to compare to the 250w CFL. Good test I reckon.

take it your possibly in the same part of the world as me, i tried all shops mate, BnQ etc etc, never tried homebase though, might be worth a shot, it seems eveerywhere sells the 2700k lights as their standard house lights but when i ask for the 6500k lights or daylight bulbs they all say they dont stock them, and i didnt think they had a clue so spent an hour looking and never found even one, they was all 2700k which ive got a shed load of, i need a shop that sells the 6500k bulbs so i can purchase them as and when needed, im bit warry of amazon as your never sure who your buying off and most wont let you combine the postage so it ends up costing quite a bit, id prefer to stick to the lower wattage bulbs so i can have them above the plants and hanging all around the plants, the other thing im unsure of is what grow method to use, was thinking of trying the fim method as i cud do that on the big bud now, the nodes on my plant are really close together, im just not sure whats best to do, or do i just let them grow as is and take clones and play around with them, would be nice to get a good yield off these im doing now though

Homebase don't stock em either bud. I've searched everywhere. Finally got a 125w 6500k from my local grow shop for 25 quid

Easy Don.paul an Taylormade,:thumb:
There are places you can get them, go to the bigger stores. Or like you say Hydro shops or Amazon isn't expensive.

Don.paul
the other thing im unsure of is what grow method to use, was thinking of trying the fim method as i cud do that on the big bud now, the nodes on my plant are really close together, im just not sure whats best to do, or do i just let them grow as is and take clones and play around with them, would be nice to get a good yield off these im doing now though

When was the last time you grew? Or is this the first time? If its your first time then you could try a few ways. Its up to you. Depending on space and time, there are many ways. what height have you got? Sometimes I like to keep the main cola. Other times I top or FIM. I try different ways to one day find the way that works for me best. Thats the fun I think.

Which ways I you leaning towards? I'l come check your journal again see what your working with bruv.:high-five:

your plants look really healthy mate, nice grow, my last grow was 9 years ago with a jck flash that ended up 5ft tall, long veg time due to several moves, so thats the last time, i discovered you could grow using cfls so thought id experiment with cfls and thats what im doing, height is no issue as its floor to ceiling, i dont want to veg for ages, thinking id like my plants about a foot high when i switch to flower, just trying to get the best i can, drop me msg in my journal, we can speak their instead of taking up space in your grow, your plants look really healthy, really nice green colour,

@ taylormade, ive not tried hombase, ive got loads of out of town stores by me like screwfix and tool station all big warehouse stores, they all stock the 2700k cfls, but i got hundreds of them i kept getting them through the post from energy suppliers so got plenty of them, i contacted hydro store and got the same price give or take as you, but im thinking instead of having 1 big light above the plants i could have a good few above the plants more spaced out to give better cover and then hang a lot around and between the plants, well thats my plany anyway, just wanted a cheap way of getting the 6500k cfls. but looks like either big 125watt or amazon,

Back
Top Bottom