JBC's Mystery Seed - Stealth Grow - DIY Veg Box - New Ways

Hi :420:
Right here we are again, new year, new plans, new journal.

Thought I'd run a journal on this Mystery Seed because you know it's going to be fun seeing what it turns out to be. Also I know its a good bag seed because I stored it in its own, clean, new seal bag but forgot to write what it was. It's either a Cheese seed, most prob Or a Blueberry, Big Bud or maybe a Chronic Haze as I've had a bit of all that recently. ORR Could be something else, WHO KNOWS!!

So i'l be Vegging in my new veg stealth box I just threw together other day. Its big enough to veg 4 plants and some seedlings or auto's. This journal is only for the one I'm growing, the Mystery seed.

I will be using the GLR for the first time and growing in Canna Coco Premium + and using Coco a+b and TML for veg and Advanced Nutes Sensi Bloom pH Perfect and Ionic Boost for bloom. I will be feeding as little as possible to see the results instead of maybe a little over watering and feeding in the past.

It may even get tested in a 2L Hempy sog for the first time. Who knows for now its a Mystery and going to be fun Testing new ways I've learnt of the growers on here.

Ok so here we go........
msjbc.jpg

Theres all the info Logged into to HerbIQ so all the dates are they to make this easier.
And here's the stealth veg box, Nicely hidden away.:thumb:Will be adding more reflective material to the sides and extra Blue veg bulb, Just smashed one and ran out of tape for Mylar. Will be complete within the weekend. Will be just using 2x 45w 6500k veg bulbs and maybe fit a t5 strip bulb in there also, looks like it would fit. Just need a smaller splitter I can fix to the back wall for sockets instead of a fat extension taking up the room.
DSC004137.JPG

As you can see she sprouted yesterday, the leap year Mystery seed!! COOL!!
DSC004146.JPG
DSC004156.JPG

Checked this morning and the seed leaves have opened. Just feeding water for a couple of week. Will update when things moving a bit more.
Thanls for reading, get subbed, help with the new ideas and lets hope its a coooool strain!!!:thanks::thumb::peace:

Re: JBC's Mystery Seed, Stealth Grow, DIY Veg box, New ways...

Easy TaylorMade, good to have you here mate!
Done some adjustments on the veg box. Just made a floating floor the size of the box that can be raised and lowered to suit. Its also got a bigger area for pots and propagation as the electrics are under it and its the size of the room, keeping everything clean.

Stll got to put in the reflective sheeting and swap the 23w CFL's for 2 46w 6500k veg bulbs. I'll see how bright they are and see if it needs a T5 strip on the top as well. its only for veg so not too bothered on serious light power.

DSC004325.JPG

Forgot to say. I'm growin in canna coco like I said, but I start the seedling stage in JI soil mixed with 30-4% Perlite. I just find seedling like soil over coco. As soon as she/he has a back bone it's straight into the coco.:thumb:

Mystery Seed Day2
Not a great update, but thought I might as well as its doing well and we can knock the haze out of the window I think by the looks of things. It must be a Cheese or Blues or a cross of the 2 seen as I see a lot of them strains.
DSC004446.JPG

Re: JBC's Mystery Seed, Stealth Grow, DIY Veg box, New ways

Ok so Veg Box nearly complete. Lights and temp/humidity check came today, so threw them in there, rigged up another 30w 6500k cfl in there and all is looking better. Still need to put up my reflective sheets but have run out of wide good tape, so thats gotta wait a few days/
Temps between 22-25C Humidity at 50%, which i'd prefer a bit higher for veg.
DSC004454.JPG

No point in picture of the baby yet, she only got 2 nodes.

Never vegged with just 3x30w 6500k cfl's, usually use the big 250w cfls's, but apparently these are way more efficient putting out more luminens per watt. Has anyone ever vegged with only these and how have they done???

Think they should be fine just for a veg room as they are blue spec so they should stay bushy without much stretch.

I'm in the same situation and was wondering the same thing, JBC420. I've never used anything but the mogul base CFLs. I just got a 125 watt full spectrum for a seedling/cloning chamber I'm going to use from now on to get a head start on grows, but in the event it goes out I'd like to know I could use 23 watt bulbs and not create a heat problem from an excessive number of bulbs (the Superlocker I have is really small, and will probably overheat easily). Man I busted a 250 watt red spectrum one once and since you know how much they cost you know I was bummin' out big time too.....

EEEEEzaay!!
Sorry not been on for ages! Not had a computer.
Thanks Ilikebike and potchimp! Yeah the cfl's are working great at the min. With only 1x26w and 2x30w 6500k's. They doing fine and the nodes are staying really close. The small veg room isn't big enough for anything bigger as heat becomes an issue.

Dont have any new pics just now. Havent got a camera for a couple of days. But all is looking really good!! Just re-potted into canna coco yesterday and haven't fed it yet as the soil has had enough food and now its in coco premium which should take it a week or 2.

I'll get some pics on in a day or 2.:thanks:

Just downloaded the HerbIQ software. So cool. Nice plants and growbox JBC.

Just downloaded the HerbIQ software. So cool. Nice plants and growbox JBC.

Easy Bobulak,
Yeh man that herbIQ is cool, looks after the stuff you may forget.

:thumb:Cheers man, i'll get some pictures up very soon. The thermomiter is wrong on that picture, its usually at 27C in the day about 21-24 at night. The Humidity is still low like 41% but I keep spraying her so all good.

I've just re-potted into Canna coco premium+. I think its a bit strong in nutes at early age but I gave it a good flush through and all is looking good. I put her in a 9inch pot, going to veg a bit in there before transplanting to a 3Gallon.

Its very Indica dominant and a nice green. Need to get a camera here again soon.:Namaste:

Ok so pictures coming soon , promise!!

But a new thought. The small stealth box is good BUT I want more light in there and temps would be a problem. So thinking of buying a small veg tent for all my fruit veg and ganja :thumb:

I can then replace the 23w cfl's with 60w cfls or something bigger to speed things up! It will also provide a bit more space. I'll see what funds are saying, want one next week now lol.

Swapping the 26w + 30w with 65w I meant.

Anyway, here are the pictures!!
Haha sorry they took a while. All is looking good. Switching a soil germinated seed to coco always causes me a problem for the first week. I think its the change over in pH as its best at 6.3 or something in soil and 5.8 in coco. So when I change over it locks nutes out for a few days while it adjusts. I was hoping it didnt happen but the same happened with the Pineapple Chunk re-veg and that is mega healthy!!!

It went a bit N deff, only slight but its ok now and loving life.
P101000140.JPG
P101000545.JPG
P101000240.JPG
P101000929.JPG

Nice work going on in there!!:thumb:

I am really curious to see what your mystery plant is going to look like when its done!!

I will post pics soon of my CFL grow...42 mixed spectrum....a few purplewidow plants... should equal smiles when done:morenutes:

Nice work going on in there!!:thumb:

I am really curious to see what your mystery plant is going to look like when its done!!

I will post pics soon of my CFL grow...42 mixed spectrum....a few purplewidow plants... should equal smiles when done:morenutes:

Hey crashnfool,

Cheers man, they looking really good now, loving the canna coco medium!! not got a camera at min so keep borrowing one so will get pics soon. Need a new camera.

do you mean your cfl has 42 mixed spectrum lights!! Thats a lot!! I'l be getting a tent in the next 2 week so I can add more light and control the heat. Will be flowering under HPS, not sure what size yet.

I think the mystery seed is either cheese or blues seen as its not a sativa haze by the looks of things. I get a lot of blue and blue cheese and cheese, so its probably one of them I reckon.:thanks:

By the way 420 the new logo is looking sick!!!!!:420:

Back
Top Bottom