JBC's Super Soil - Fully Organic 4x Blue Mystic + 1x CH9 Jack FEMS

Hi Everyone at 420! :thumb:

Thought I'd start a fresh journal on this recipe of "Super" Soil. I have been following growers soil mixes like SubCool420, Doc Bud, IceMud, Gittergreen and Fuzzy Duck's soil mixes and they seem to be working great. My soil mix is knowledge learnt from these guys put into my own mix of ingredients I could find. Plus mine Is a smaller mix so I cut all the values down.

The reason I have gone to soil Is I wanted to go organic and stop using salty chem nutes and destroying the ground we live on. Also organics has a much more natural taste and I cant be bothered with loads of nutes and additives as it just doesn't seem natural.

Ok Lets get this rolling............................

What strain is it - Blue Mystic (Genetics: Indica strain with some origins in California) + CH9 Jack
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid - Indica, Sativa (not sure on percentage)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage - Seedlings
If in Veg -
If in Flower stage -
Indoor or outdoor -Indoor
Soil or Hydro - Super soil Mix
If soil... what is in your mix - Mix Below
If soil... What size pot - 12 Ltre
Size of light - Veg = 250w cfl 6500k / Flower 400w HPS
Is it aircooled - Yes
Temp of Room/cab - 21-27 C
RH of Room/cab - 40 - 70 RH
PH of media or res - 6.2 Organics hopefully keep it in range
Any Pests - Not YET!
How often are you watering - When pot is light
Type and strength of ferts used - Super soil + Compost Teas

Seedling Soil Mix

The Blue Mystic all germinated in a glass of water in 24hrs! Quite impressed as they all germed the same time. I have put them into some small pots maybe 4-6inch pots with,
- 50% John Innes
- 30% Manure Compost
- 20% Perlite
+ 1 tsp Mycorrhizal Fungi
+ 1 tbsp Bone Meal (3.12.0)

Super Soil Mix

The 45L Super Soil Mix is:
- 11L John Innes No2
- 11L John Innes No2 strong mix, also with coco
- 11L Horse Manure Compost
- 10L Perlite
- 400g Worm Castings
- 300g Fish, Bone, Blood Meal (4.7.4)
- 50g Garden Lime
- 50g Sea Bird Guano (1.12.1) + Micro elements
- 75g Mycorrhizal Fungi
- 1 Tbsp Epsom Salts
- 1 Tbsp Calcium Carbonate

This is a quite mellow mix as you can see. Apparently not all strains like a super soil and as I couldnt get all the needed ingredients anyway, here is my mix and if it needs anything added down the line we can add it to the next.

Compost tea mix 1 Gallon .

Veg Mix:
- 1/2 Cup John Innes Compost
- 1 Tbsp Worm Castings
- 1 Tsp Molasses

Flower Mix:
- 1/2 Cup John Innes Compost
- 1 Tbsp Sea Bird Guano
- 1 Tbsp Bone Meal (3.12.0)
- 1 Tbsp Molasses

Soil_Mix.png

And Perlite obviously.

Thanks for stopping by and all help is more than welcome here!!! Pictures to come when lights come on. :welcome::peace:

Hey Hozona, Welcome abourd. Pull up a chair on the front row mate haha.

Heres a pic of the Blue Mystics Day 2. I will get day 6 today.

DSCN04708.JPG
DSCN0529_-_Copy.JPG
DSCN05299.JPG

Hey Hozona, Welcome abourd. Pull up a chair on the front row mate haha.

Heres a pic of the Blue Mystics Day 2. I will get day 6 today.

DSCN04708.JPG
DSCN0529_-_Copy.JPG
DSCN05299.JPG
I have one Blue Mystic in my bloom tent and two clones going...will be watching yours in soil...always experimenting, learning...:reading420magazine:

I have one Blue Mystic in my bloom tent and two clones going...will be watching yours in soil...always experimenting, learning...

How far is the one in the bloom tent. My auto's where quite neutral in smell during flower, how do the fems smell? You happy with the strain?

How far is the one in the bloom tent. My auto's where quite neutral in smell during flower, how do the fems smell? You happy with the strain?
The one in the tent is in day 15 since flip, I think our cold spell may have slowed bloom but I do have some other strains starting to flower...as far as smell, my sense of smell is terrible so I dunno? I like how tight and squatty it is and it will be one I consider for outside this Spring.:cheesygrinsmiley:

The one in the tent is in day 15 since flip, I think our cold spell may have slowed bloom but I do have some other strains starting to flower...as far as smell, my sense of smell is terrible so I dunno? I like how tight and squatty it is and it will be one I consider for outside this Spring.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah I was thinking Blue mystic spring too as its a short flower 7-9 weeks. Yeah that cold has spread purple around everyones rooms. I remember my auto blue took a while to start flowring compared to the others but when it got going it over took the others with brute blue mystic speed!

I hope you don't mind if I just drop in and say Hi, and admire your garden?

Hi Doc Bud , nice to meet you man, pleasure to have someone with your knowledge here! Been learning the soil ways off you and gitter. Hows the mix looking? Its not too strong but i'm no pro so we'l see.

Cheers doc!
What sort of minerals do you add?

Limestone, soft rock phosphate, gypsum, azomite. If you just added soft rock phosphate you'd see a nice improvement in the soil. Not that what you're doing isn't working very well, it certainly looks as though it is. The minerals just stabilize the pH and add a ton of calcium. They also help the microbiology in the soil feed the plants.

Yeah I was thinking Blue mystic spring too as its a short flower 7-9 weeks. Yeah that cold has spread purple around everyones rooms. I remember my auto blue took a while to start flowring compared to the others but when it got going it over took the others with brute blue mystic speed!
I have never ever really grown anything other than bagseed or MMMF once I learned to clone.:cheesygrinsmiley: I have blue widow, blue mystic, and blue cheese going right now...I am very impressed with the quick growth since I put it in the tent in December..only plant in soil....the mystic is doing well in hydro and into the scrog already....tight internodes...the blue widow is the squatiest and is probably an outdoor candidate....but it just doesn't seem to want to do anything...won't be cloning it...
:tokin:

Limestone, soft rock phosphate, gypsum, azomite. If you just added soft rock phosphate you'd see a nice improvement in the soil. Not that what you're doing isn't working very well, it certainly looks as though it is. The minerals just stabilize the pH and add a ton of calcium. They also help the microbiology in the soil feed the plants.

Yeah was thinking about adding some rock phosphate and some sulphate of potash for flower. You reckon it a good idea?

I have never ever really grown anything other than bagseed or MMMF once I learned to clone. I have blue widow, blue mystic, and blue cheese going right now...I am very impressed with the quick growth since I put it in the tent in December..only plant in soil....the mystic is doing well in hydro and into the scrog already....tight internodes...the blue widow is the squatiest and is probably an outdoor candidate....but it just doesn't seem to want to do anything...won't be cloning it...

Whats MMMF Hozona? Yeah hope mine is the more squat pheno, I heard there a stretcher pheno somewhere in the blue mystic line. Im I right in thinking Blue Mystic is Blueberry x Northern Lights?

Congrats on the sprouts!!! Sub'd.:peace::love::adore::morenutes:

Haha thanks Smoke2j's, good to have you here mate! Pull up a chair and lets test some organic soil mixes.

Im subbed bro, Im very interested in your soil mix.Im looking for a water only system for my autos this summer outdoors.I ll be paying close attention:goodluck:

Good to see you here Jon, Good luck with MOTM! Yeah I hope its a good mix.

Back
Top Bottom