JBC's Super Soil - Fully Organic 4x Blue Mystic + 1x CH9 Jack FEMS

"Do you reckon it could be something to do with the hood or hood cable. when I moved that it made the ballast spark where the hood cable joins the ballast."

If sparks fly when you wiggle the wire I can almost guarantee you have a loose connection at the ballast.
The hood itself couldn't be the problem. The mogul socket in the hood can go bad although I've never heard
of anyone having that problem.

"Do you reckon it could be something to do with the hood or hood cable. when I moved that it made the ballast spark where the hood cable joins the ballast."

If sparks fly when you wiggle the wire I can almost guarantee you have a loose connection at the ballast.
The hood itself couldn't be the problem. The mogul socket in the hood can go bad although I've never heard
of anyone having that problem.

Cheers oldman60, nice to meet you mate :)

I also had the same make trip my fuse box out a month earlier so I was thinking it might be a problem on my side and not the ballast itself. I hope it is what you say because it causing me a headache and I have to take the second back to the shop this weekend.

I want to find out what is doing this. Maybe like you say its the ballast itself.

Would I be better with a magnetic ballast like suggested by WizMyster?

Sorry to here about all the ballast issues, hope you get to the bottom of it. Congratulations on winning the plant of the month. Its well deserved, you should be proud of yourself. She was a little beauty.:bravo:

Sorry to here about all the ballast issues, hope you get to the bottom of it. Congratulations on winning the plant of the month. Its well deserved, you should be proud of yourself. She was a little beauty.:bravo:

Cheers Dutch mate, means a lot , thanks for the post. Its posts and times like these that really make me love this community, so much help and support. Thanks again bruva :)

Im telling ya JBC its the ballast. China made is the red flag. Also it doesnt say anything about a warranty on the website. But I would definitely go with a magnetic ballast. If you decide to stay digi just get a good brand

Yeh mate Wiz hearing you on that note. Took it back today, after a run through of what happened even they said it's the ballast issue. If it was the cable, socket or timer then the ballast would of started . If it was the lamp that would of lit. So seems like the problem was the ballasts themselves. They took it back and gave me a Lumii Magnetic ballast until they have contacted the company and found the problem.

The magnetic is working great with the MH , all shinning good so im happy and with the win today, winning all around. Happy times.

Thanks for the help Wiz mate, you been a great help :thanks:

wassap JB

Im back in action good to be back to the 420 family, congrats on the POTM reps are due your way ;)
hope its all going good buddy!

Easy JJ Layd! How goes it, thanks mate was buzzing to win!

Just been over to your journal, seen you hitting the hydro game,, good luck mate, wouldnt mind doing it myself one time.

If there is any bud left when I get a new camera I will take some pictures of the cured nugs and Kief

Here's a run down of the grow as there is no new pictures to show, so i'l show all the old at one time :)

DSCN07404.JPG

DSCN07904.JPG

DSCN07882.JPG

DSCN08184.JPG

DSCN08664.JPG

DSCN09193.JPG

DSCN09283.JPG

DSCN09566.JPG

DSCN0982_-_Copy.JPG

DSCN10223.JPG

DSCN10153.JPG

DSCN10244.JPG

DSCN10443.JPG

DSCN10453.JPG

DSCN10515.JPG

DSCN1054_-_Copy.JPG

DSCN10952.JPG

DSCN11127.JPG

DSCN11134.JPG

DSCN1113_-_Copy.JPG

DSCN11113.JPG

DSCN11154.JPG

DSCN11173.JPG

DSCN11384.JPG

DSCN11499.JPG

DSCN12898.JPG

DSCN12908.JPG

DSCN12946.JPG

Showing us why u won for sure. Looking great man. Congratulations again. Always nice when ur horse crosses the line first :)

Haha Funny you Tycal, cheers mate.

And thanks to Relaxed leester, Green smurf, Wizz and Canna, you guys are sick, the words mean a lot to my girls. I'l let their bud children know you sending your love :)

Going on out door ventures now as the summer is here.

Can anyone tell me if I can run a Lumii magnetic ballast switchable 400/600w on 400w power with a 600w MH/HPS Bulb please? Or is that just digital ballasts that do that? Im not fully clued up on Ballasts and HID. I used to use CFL.

Back
Top Bottom