Size of light? 105 watt CFL and 600 watt MH/HPS
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70-80 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? 60-75%
PH of media or res? 5.8-5.9
Any Pests ? Not Yet
How often are you watering? Once a day
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics & Botanicare

I started germination on 8/15/2014. On 8/18 I put the seed into a 1.5in rockwool block. On 8/22 I transferred the rockwool block into a 4" pot filled with rockwool cubes and watered with my 150PPM solution. The seedling is currently under a 105watt CFL. I will swap to my 600 watt MH once the plant is bigger. The light setup is an IPower 600watt MH/HPS enclosed hood kit I bought off of amazon for roughly $180. The fan is a 6" Max-Fan. My goal for this grow is to grow one giant/wide scrog plant. I will veg for 2 months then flower for 2 months. I plan on topping and low stress training the plant until its roughly 3' in diameter. I have been following TheCapn's guides for this as well as many other growing topics. Answers to damn near any question you have can be found in the following links:

How To: 10oz per plant perpetual indoors

and his Blog:
420 Magazine ® - The Capn's Grow - Blogs

Now for the pictures!

Outside Views of my growroom. These are two separate rooms. One for flower and one for veg. Interior dimensions of flower room are roughly 84" wide x 40" deep x 90" tall. Interior dimensions of veg room are roughly 36" wide x 40" Deep x 90" tall.

Outside_View_1.jpg

Outside_View_2.jpg

Outside_View_3.jpg

I don't have pictures of germination, but here are pics from Day 4:

20140821_180734.jpg

20140821_180656.jpg

20140821_180604.jpg

And here are pics from Day 5:

20140822_174535.jpg

20140822_174526.jpg

Btw...the grow cube that is not in the 4" pot is a bell pepper seed I decided to plant...if it pops, I will grow it in the same manner as the AK48...should be fun! Yum!

I will try to post new photos/info every few days! Thanks for reading and thank you to all the members here for taking the time to post such detailed information on the growing process. I have learned so much!

Questions and comments welcome!
-JBoozer

P.S. If anyone has any questions in regards to building your grow room, don't hesitate to PM me. I am a carpenter by trade.

Re: JBoozer's 1st Grow -- Nirvava AK48 -- Top Feed "Capn" Style -- 600watt HID

Subscribed JockBoozer, Great DIY skills. This is going to be fun, lots of pictures and details, please. Here's some reps for an awesome start.

I just want to say that you bended the Ducting too much. Resolve it because on every bend the efficiency of the fan reduces dramatically. Every 90 deg bend will deduct 50% of the efficiency of the fan (scrubber). JUST MY ADVICE / ALERT
Do tell me about the smell it will generate....!!!

Thanks for the rep 60cal! Doing a quick Day 8 update...everything seems to be good so far. Seems like it may be a bit on the small side for Day 8 compared to some other pics I've seen...but I might just be fretting about nothing since it's my first grow. Quick question for anyone who can answer...how often should I currently be watering? Right now I am watering once a day. I've read that it is hard to over-water rockwool, but I'd still like to know. Anywho, here are a couple of pictures from today!

20140825_185005.jpg

20140825_184952.jpg

Thanks!
JBooze

Thanks for the rep 60cal! Doing a quick Day 8 update...everything seems to be good so far. Seems like it may be a bit on the small side for Day 8 compared to some other pics I've seen...but I might just be fretting about nothing since it's my first grow. Quick question for anyone who can answer...how often should I currently be watering? Right now I am watering once a day. I've read that it is hard to over-water rockwool, but I'd still like to know. Anywho, here are a couple of pictures from today!

20140825_185005.jpg

20140825_184952.jpg

Thanks!
JBooze

your plant is looking very nice for day 8 from sprouting ,i would say growth rate is awesome:)
as long as you have never squeezed the rock wool (and squashed all the nice little air pockets)then it is very hard to overwater.
one way i use to tell if im overwatering is to brush the leaf with my fingers from underside in an upwards direction and feel how rigid the leaves are(even if they are new) if they feel soft then they are prob getting a little to much , i like them to be rigid and feel stiff.
but that is only an opinion of mine from an observation made over the years.

Thanks for the info indica vet. Out of curiosity, I just picked up a cube and squeezed it to see how much water was still inside. Turns out a decent amount. I'll have to learn to get a feel for your leaf method as well as the weight of the pot.

-JBooze

Re: JBoozer's 1st Grow - Nirvava AK48 - Top Feed "Capn" Style - 600watt HID

Should i have a bit of airflow across the plant to strenghten the stem? Or is that something i should do when it gets a bit bigger?

Definitely get her wiggling, That will make her stem good and strong!

Hey Boozer; She looks great for 8 days old. Nice, Green and happy! Definitely going to follow your journal... I found that the rockwool held water for much longer then I had expected. Once a day or even once every other day sounds good for irrigations. How much water are you pouring through her each time? Is she going to get some Heisenberg Root Tea?

Definitely get her wiggling, That will make her stem good and strong!

Thanks MaPilot, I will get a light breeze on her tonight!

shanker65 said:
Hey Boozer; She looks great for 8 days old. Nice, Green and happy! Definitely going to follow your journal... I found that the rockwool held water for much longer then I had expected. Once a day or even once every other day sounds good for irrigations. How much water are you pouring through her each time? Is she going to get some Heisenberg Root Tea?

Shanker, my guess is about a cup of water. Basically enough to soak all the rockwool in the 4" pot. Last watering was yesterday morning. Skipped this morning's watering. I will see how heavy the pot feels after work today. As far as the tea, i def plan on using it. Going to be ordering the ancient forest and myco this weekend. Im going to use the botanicare zho instead of the great white...cheaper on the wallet. Also, i have been using the botanicare hydroguard instead of aquashield...same product basically.

Thanks for the info folks!
-JBooze

Hey Folks,

Outside_View_2.jpg

Hey boozer. TheCapn called. He wants his grow room back. Your set up is almost identical to mine. My ID width is 44". I used 2x2 instead of 4x4 just to save a couple inches, and went the cheaper route with OSB. Even our doors, hinges and latches are similar. Way to go man. very nice build; you're going to love it. No reason you can't produce a lb a month out of there. Flower on left, veg on right Here are a couple pics:

And you're going to love the nirvana AK 48. Great all around smoke, and mine smelled a bit like strawberry, or fruity at least. Here is a pic. Mine stayed low but made really nice size colas. Don't top the outer branches so you can get them to reach the scrog.

Is this room in your basement? Are those concrete walls inside the grow room?

Im going to use the botanicare zho instead of the great white...cheaper on the wallet. Also, i have been using the botanicare hydroguard instead of aquashield...same product basically.

+1 Sounds great! The tea will make the roots really take off and get thick. Everything looks perfect. I can't wait to see these take off, and watch this grow progress.

You have seriously done your homework and starting off on the right track. You will be up to your ears in frosty bud before you know it.

Hey boozer. TheCapn called. He wants his grow room back. Your set up is almost identical to mine. My ID width is 44". I used 2x2 instead of 4x4 just to save a couple inches, and went the cheaper route with OSB. Even our doors, hinges and latches are similar. Way to go man. very nice build; you're going to love it. No reason you can't produce a lb a month out of there. Flower on left, veg on right

Haha! I had studied your pictures prior to building. When doing the layout, it just so happened that size wise, it came out fairly similiar! I live on the first floor of a duplex and my grow room is actually inside my bedroom. Safest and most secure room for me to have it...plus I wasnt using the space anyways. There is actually a window on that outside wall...it had blinds on it...so i painted up some ply white and built an inch and a half bump-out to cover it from the inside. Cant tell from the outside at all!

I really look forward to the grow and learning as much as I can. A nice smoke will be an excellent bonus as I am only an occasional toker. Needless to say, my friends will be exceptionally pleased!

Thanks again for all your time...that goes for everyone else here as well. I try to research my questions as much as possible before I ask...though I don't doubt Ill have a few more for you as time goes on!

-JBooze

Back
Top Bottom