JBoozer's 1st Grow - Nirvava AK48 - Top Feed Capn Style - 600 Watt HID

Re: JBoozer's 1st Grow - Nirvava AK48 - Top Feed "Capn" Style - 600watt HID

Thats too bad for us - he has a lot of experience and was good to share the knowledge, for a noob like me he got legend status. I learned a TON from reading his stuff and its gonna show in my current grow ....

Np Trench.

Bobrown...I have no idea. He didn't elaborate much other than to say he is leaving the forums. Life commitments I presume. We all do what we gotta do!

Thats too bad for us - he has a lot of experience and was good to share the knowledge, for a noob like me he got legend status. I learned a TON from reading his stuff and its gonna show in my current grow ....

Likewise! Just took a peak at your journal, I like your grow room! Nice setup man, and the plants look great!

Likewise! Just took a peak at your journal, I like your grow room! Nice setup man, and the plants look great!

Thanks man...
My girls are HUGE eye level now and I'm 5'10" - getting crazy I'm just about ready to move them. Tomorrow tile the floor and grout - Saturday I will hang the new LED panels (700w & 900w + the 600w HID) and I'm going big and going stealth.

Hey All,

Flowering Day 16!

My posts have gotten fewer and farther between....sorry for those following along! Pretty hammered with work so going forward I will be doing a picture update just once a week if I can...possibly 2 weeks.

With that said, everything is going great! As mentioned, it is Day 16 of flower. Here are the pictures!

20141104_180108.jpg

20141104_180135.jpg

20141104_180206.jpg

20141104_180219.jpg

Flowering time of AK48 is 7-9 weeks. This puts my harvest date between Dec 7th and Dec 21st.

Be back next week with another picture update. Meanwhile, if anyone has any questions, I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!
-JBooze

Only a few days farther than my hindu skunk - looks great still :)

I have found the AK48 #3 phenotype that I grow has taken longer then 10 weeks to develop amber trichomes.

Wow! Any experience with other phenotypes? If mine takes 10 weeks, then so be it. I have no plans to cut her down early and risk not getting my preferred optimal results. I'll be looking to get somewhere between 25-50% amber in hopes to maintain a bit of AK48's advertised heady high.

Hey folks,

Had a problem with my mechanical timer for the plant. Basically it failed in the on position and for the last two days it has had a bit of a fucked up light schedule. At first, it probably had something like 6 hours on, 18 off. Then...it was on for probably 18 hours with 6 hours off. These are all just guesstimates as I don't always check it before bed, and then I'm at work from 7:30 to 5pm. All should be good now with the schedule...my question is though, how much of a negative impact could these two days have? What should I be looking out for?

I am 23 days into flower and it would be quite the blow to lose the plant. She looks as healthy as can be right this moment...but I have heard of plants producing male pollen sacks when light cycles get funky.

Thoughts/suggestions?
-JBooze

Stuff happens - It's happened to prolly all of us I bet. My guess and I'm guessing but I've done it - just delays the chop date IMHO.. I doubt it even is much of a delay. Definitely wont kill the plant for sure 100% on that or I'd have all dead plants !!

Stuff happens - It's happened to prolly all of us I bet. My guess and I'm guessing but I've done it - just delays the chop date IMHO.. I doubt it even is much of a delay. Definitely wont kill the plant for sure 100% on that or I'd have all dead plants !!

That is good news to hear. If all that happens is it gets delayed a bit, then I'd be very much fine with that. Thanks for the info!

-JBooze

You have some great green girls JockBoozer +1.

Hey now J hows about an update - you should be getting close to harvest by now. I started watching here cause you started about the same time as me and I'm REAL close to harvest. Those last teaser pics were sooo frosty you should be crazy happy by now!?

Hey Bobrown!

Thanks for the reminder. Haven't been on the boards much lately, but yes it is getting close. Yesterday I started watering with just plan 5.9 PH water. The stated flower time for AK48 is 7-9 weeks. Yesterday was week 7 on the dot. I have a couple loupes (a 30x and a 60x) and I'm seeing mainly cloudy trichs. Maybe only a few amber ones. I believe she will be ready to cut down this weekend or maybe next. Here are a bunch of pictures!

20141206_084554.jpg

20141206_084603.jpg

20141206_084615.jpg

20141206_084630.jpg

20141206_084649.jpg

20141206_084708.jpg

20141206_084712.jpg

20141206_190607.jpg

20141208_175111.jpg

20141208_175135.jpg

Next update will be at harvest. I'll get plenty of pictures of her hanging up. Then I'll check back a few weeks after that to post final dry weight!

-JBooze

JockBoozer looks into the tent and starts singing "Frosty the snowman" la la la, la la!!!!!!!!
:lot-o-toke: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Very nice sir. :Namaste::smokin::adore:

JockBoozer looks into the tent and starts singing "Frosty the snowman" la la la, la la!!!!!!!!
:lot-o-toke: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Very nice sir. :Namaste::smokin::adore:

Hahaha! Thanks 60cal! I gotta say I'm super pleased with the work I've done, and I'd like to thank each and every person here on the boards that has helped me out, given me words of encouragement, and has stopped in to see my pictures.

Trichomes haven't changed much since posting the pictures. Very possible that chop down could be next weekend instead of this weekend. I'd like to start seeing some amber in there, and I haven't seen it yet. I'm a patient man...I'd like the best possible result!

-JBooze

Hang in there, I almost chopped last weekend and our friends here on 420Mag talked me down... I'm glad they did! Today my room was a tad on the humid side 50% RH and started to smell a little and not the dank smell so I opened up the window a little to let some cold fresh dryer air in (3rd floor grow room), today when I came home I could smell the ladies outside and down the street! I'm hanging in there with mine and I'm right at 9 weeks after flip to 12/12. All I see is cloudy trichomes so I'm gonna wait a little .... good to be patient.

BTW - those buds look budd-de-licious yum yum ... wow they look mighty fine indeed!

Maybe time for a smoke test??

Good luck with the harvest.

Hey all, Just popping in for a quick update. Today is chop day! Today is exactly 9 weeks since the switch to 12/12. Trichomes are all cloudy with amber mixed in. Leaves turned yellow like crazy! But I wanted to wait...last weekend I wasn't seeing any amber and I am now. Pictures will come late today or tomorrow.

-JBooze

Hey Everyone!

Finished up the harvest last night. It amazed me how long it took to trim up everything. Took about 7-8 hours of trimming for myself and a friend. Next harvest will be quicker of course now that I have a decent grasp of the procedure. Here are some pictures:

20141222_182909.jpg

20141222_182925.jpg

20141222_182946.jpg

I expect to keep them hanging for 3-5 days...I'll be checking them each day to see if they are ready for the next step. When it is weigh-able, I will be back with the weight. This being my first time, it's so difficult to gauge how much there is!

Thanks!
-JBooze

Back
Top Bottom