Jelly Rancher Strain Review

These are my clones from two different Jelly Ranchers plants. I experimented leaving lots of leaves on a couple clones and theybare doing great. I had spider mite issues on my mother Jelly Rancher. I used dish soap, vegetable oil and water which eliminated the problem completely. After a couple days I took her outside yo completely spray her down good with wate hose to get the oil and soap off. I haven't seen any signs of spider mites since. It's been about 3 weeks ago. She was in the bringing stage of flower. She did suffer some leaf damage I believe from the oil and soap covering her pores (stomata). She is recovering and growing strong and buds are stacking up.

20220801_081313.jpg

20220801_081309.jpg

These are my clones from two different Jelly Ranchers plants. I experimented leaving lots of leaves on a couple clones and theybare doing great. I had spider mite issues on my mother Jelly Rancher. I used dish soap, vegetable oil and water which eliminated the problem completely. After a couple days I took her outside yo completely spray her down good with wate hose to get the oil and soap off. I haven't seen any signs of spider mites since. It's been about 3 weeks ago. She was in the bringing stage of flower. She did suffer some leaf damage I believe from the oil and soap covering her pores (stomata). She is recovering and growing strong and buds are stacking up.

20220801_081313.jpg

20220801_081309.jpg

20220725_075547.jpg

20220721_145757.jpg

Wow @Vic, you really dig that strain eh? Me too! Honestly out of the maybe 40 or so plants and 28-30 different strains I’ve grown in my “career” (lol), I put the Jelly Rancher way near the top. She performed on every level; taste, smell, longevity of terpenes, buzz, yield, appearance, color….it’s as close to the perfect hybrid as I’ve found. I have Blueberry Cupcake from Humboldt for my next photo run. Love those Cali genetic madmen.

Wow @Vic, you really dig that strain eh? Me too! Honestly out of the maybe 40 or so plants and 28-30 different strains I’ve grown in my “career” (lol), I put the Jelly Rancher way near the top. She performed on every level; taste, smell, longevity of terpenes, buzz, yield, appearance, color….it’s as close to the perfect hybrid as I’ve found. I have Blueberry Cupcake from Humboldt for my next photo run. Love those Cali genetic madmen.
You know they renamed it and now it’s called Hella Jelly, right?

You know they renamed it and now it’s called Hella Jelly, right?
This is my first grow so i haven't tried the strain yet. I was given just two seeds and these two very different looking plants is what I have so far. I grew mostly outside in 7 gallon pots and then about 3 or 4 weeks ago i decided to bring one inside the grow tent to flower her sooner than my other which i will leave outside to how the experience. They look so different.

20220801_081309.jpg

20220801_081313.jpg

20220727_123416.jpg

20220727_123408.jpg

This is my first grow so i haven't tried the strain yet. I was given just two seeds and these two very different looking plants is what I have so far. I grew mostly outside in 7 gallon pots and then about 3 or 4 weeks ago i decided to bring one inside the grow tent to flower her sooner than my other which i will leave outside to how the experience. They look so different.

20220801_081309.jpg

20220801_081313.jpg

20220727_123416.jpg

20220727_123408.jpg
She in a 4x4 tent and has it pretty full

20220801_081309.jpg

20220801_081313.jpg

20220727_123416.jpg

20220727_123408.jpg
Wow they really do. That outdoor one is going NUTS. It displays one of this strains greatest assets - the side branching you get, that produces very legit buds, is spectacular. Tons of sides. They both look great!

She in a 4x4 tent and has it pretty full
Yeah @Vic it sure looks like it. Not sure if I mentioned earlier, but in my experience this strain is very responsive in terms of purpling up to cooler temps. My last one I had as low at night as the mid 50s! It got way way and way dark purple like a crazy woman. The buds were absolutely gorgeous, and they also turned out denser with the cooler night temps. Even the 60s produces the effect, once I saw that I pushed it. In my opinion the extent to which a strain will respond to that (if you like that or want it) is pretty strain specific. This strain has it in spades. Just fyi if you don’t know or can use the info.

I’ll say it here first @Vic - maybe you should consider entering that outdoor Jelly Rancher in Plant of the Month contest? It’s gorgeous and I think you’d do well, not sure if you’re into the contests, but it’s fun. Just sayin’…..

:goodjob:

Yeah @Vic it sure looks like it. Not sure if I mentioned earlier, but in my experience this strain is very responsive in terms of purpling up to cooler temps. My last one I had as low at night as the mid 50s! It got way way and way dark purple like a crazy woman. The buds were absolutely gorgeous, and they also turned out denser with the cooler night temps. Even the 60s produces the effect, once I saw that I pushed it. In my opinion the extent to which a strain will respond to that (if you like that or want it) is pretty strain specific. This strain has it in spades. Just fyi if you don’t know or can use the info.
I would like the purple color. How did you get your temperatures down that low?

I would like the purple color. How did you get your temperatures down that low?
Growing in a tent indoors with two 5000 btu window AC units pumping AC in at the same time. I live in Florida.

How do you enter the contest?
You gotta load the picture you wish to enter in the Gallery under Member/Add Media/
How do you enter the contest?
The contests are in the Entertainment section. Go there and you can read the first post for each if you like - it’s from Renee and explains everything you need to know. Plant of the Month is a toughie but I keep trying! If you still need assistance just say, no problem

Hi Guys -

So I just recently harvested a plant that turned out every bit as good as the buds look, and I was inspired enough to do a strain review on her, as I haven't yet seen this strain reviewed. So I understand the review on this plant is connected to the way I grew her, as all reviews are I suppose. To that end, she was vegged for 72 days, flowered for 68 days, and LST'ed. I kept her small - she was only 28" tall, yet she gave me just a shade under a QP of finished, perfect buds. I posted a couple pictures of the buds at the end for visual reference points.

Strain Name - Jelly Rancher
From - Humboldt Seed Company
Grown By: Me
Type - 70/30 Sativa heavy hybrid
Genetics - Very Cherry x Notorious T.H.C.
Harvested/Cured - Harvested July 2, dried 6 days, cured 14 days
Appearance - Various shades of green with significant purple and darkish orange hairs, densely covered with trichomes, dense buds (not rocks, but denser than a Magic Eraser, for example)
Smell - Primary and first smell is blue cotton candy with undefined fruitiness, sweetness, pungent, skunky, with a slight background of gas
Taste - Very very sweet and sugary with significant but as yet undefined fruit - so sugary it leaves an aftertaste of sugar on the palate that lasts through a post bowl cigarette (lol) - with a very slight gassy dankness in the background. The sweet exceeds the dank.
Type of Buzz - I am a musician and this is the best playing buzz I've grown or found yet, it rivals Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze in that regard. The buzz is cerebral, intensely creative, extremely "UP" (this has something to do with when I harvested her relative to trichomes), and provides an intense focus. I've been smoking it first thing in the morning and it beats the crap out of a cup of coffee on the focus end. But it is not so "coke-y" that it jams or binds you up as some heavy sativas and high THC sativa hybrids are prone to do.
Length of Buzz - About two hours. Head heavy at first that morphs into a nice body buzz later on.
THC Level - According to HSC it is supposed to come in at 26-30%. I don't have a test kit or access to a lab, but just from being a veteran smoker I'm guessing it came in around the 26% end of that. It is PLENTY strong, even for a veteran, daily, round the clock smoker.
Best Medicinal Use - All I can say about this is that I have constant back pain and this made me feel significantly better.
Overall - There are a lot of things to like about this bud. It's gorgeous - by far the prettiest bud I have grown. It's high thc and gets you very very high. It smells like a dream and if you like sweet bud, this is perhaps a bud to try. It's WAY sweet. Granted I loaded her up with molasses for most of flowering, but that's only part of the story. The bud is genetically sweet. The smoke is smooth, even after only 14 days of cure, and it's one of those strains you want to keep smoking even after you're high enough cuz the taste is so addictive. I would grow this again for sure, and let her get a lot bigger to see what she is capable of producing. EXCELLENT STRAIN with EXCELLENT GENETICS.

Photographs of this bud:

1. Jelly Rancher before harvest under the extended reds, thus the lighting
2. Buds looked like this in real light, very purple, with lots of cool leaves like this
3. Example of a finish trimmed bud and what they all pretty much look like

You can't be serious 3 Sadie July 4.jpg

Contest photograph.jpg

Sadie closeup on black background finish trimmed.jpg
awesome review, thank u. and the pics are really cool, so now i really wanna try this strain :thumb:

awesome review, thank u. and the pics are really cool, so now i really wanna try this strain :thumb:
If you try it, they changed the name. The identical strain in the Humboldt Seed Company catalog is now call Hella Jelly. FYI

Very nice... here are a couple Jelly Rancher ladies I grew from different seeds. They turned out very tasty and a great high. I love this strain. I kept a mother plant to continue cloning.

20221028_130023.jpg

20221028_130154.jpg

20221028_130041.jpg

20220825_192814.jpg

20220805_113042.jpg
Gorgeous. That’s her alright. Yeah, really great strain. One of my favorites of what I’ve grown.

Back
Top Bottom