JinxMeTwice

Hello, everyone!
Started some seeds going a little more then a month back in build up to Canadian legalization. Now that I've finally got some nice progress to show and have got the rest of my grow closet just about set-up to something that will hopefully keep me and my plants happy for the future.

Before I get to the pictures I've been collecting up until now, my set-up
Seeds : 2 random mystery seeds given by a friend, he had pulled them out of stuff he had bought over a year or more
Medium : Soil in a 5g bucket, with a lower layer of volcano stones to help drain. One regret is only having put half a bucket of soil rather then topping it off, I'm expecting it to affect the final size and yeild but it is what it is
Nutrients : General Hydroponics - Grow, Bloom, Micro, PH up and down
Light : First 6 weeks - 80w ultrathin noname LED grow light.
Replaced with a ViparSpectra 300w Dimmable series.
Temperature : 29.1c with about 40-51% humidity
Grow Area : 2ft x 2ft x 5ft lined with mylar blankets ( + some overhead shelf space, will hold a fan nice)

Okay onto the real show, I've up until now been taking a few shots every Saturday to gauge the progress. I'll start ramping up the images as the progress of the plant should start to take off a bit more and there will be more to show as budding sites develop.

(plant on the right is a week older then the left plant, just FYI)
20180923_224427.jpg20180923_224434.jpg
Week 1
20181001_163634.jpg20181001_163654.jpg
Week 2
20181006_125358.jpg20181007_144916.jpg
Week 3
20181014_120712.jpg20181014_120721.jpg
Week 4

20181021_004509.jpg20181021_004515.jpg
Week 5
20181027_215838.jpg20181027_215845.jpg
Week 6 - got the 300w ViparSpectra installed
Hope everyone enjoys the images of my plants, they seem to be doing really nice so far. The 40w may have slowed the early progress as I can't tell the sex of my plants yet but am keeping an eye out in the weeks to come.
If you want to comment or critique, I'm still new to this and would welcome the feedback.

Best to you all
I'm off to enjoy this nice Banana OG I picked up this week
20181027_232916.jpg

Hi JinxMeTwice, looking good bro, I was using an old chest of drawers with my Mars 300w. I'm in the process of upgrading to a wardrobe setup. I'll be watching to see how you do bro feel free to drop by my journal here's a link Peppers DIY Mars 300w LED Grow
I yielded 46g using a 1 litre ice cream pot in the chest of drawers setup so I will be aiming for a lot more this time in the wardrobe setup.
What's your target yield?

Hi JinxMeTwice, looking good bro, I was using an old chest of drawers with my Mars 300w. I'm in the process of upgrading to a wardrobe setup. I'll be watching to see how you do bro feel free to drop by my journal here's a link Peppers DIY Mars 300w LED Grow
I yielded 46g using a 1 litre ice cream pot in the chest of drawers setup so I will be aiming for a lot more this time in the wardrobe setup.
What's your target yield?

HIya, Peppers. Thanks for stopping by,
I dont really have a target yield right now, I'd like to hit that 1:1 watt to gram ratio one day. For now just hoping for a couple of ounces to keep me going. Eventually I want to replace the 5gal bucket with a 2x2x1.5ft plastic bin maybe get in a few extra plants. Until then its all just seeing what I can get with what I know and the equipment I've put tougether. Also posting the journal here to see what help I can get if I run into issues or have questions.

How far did you keep your light from your plants for your grow? I've been a little cautious since I put up the 300w, I really don't want to over do the light and get some bleaching. I have mine at about 20-24 inches from the top of the plants.
I'll check out your journal see how you got your setup rigged.

HIya, Peppers. Thanks for stopping by,
I dont really have a target yield right now, I'd like to hit that 1:1 watt to gram ratio one day. For now just hoping for a couple of ounces to keep me going. Eventually I want to replace the 5gal bucket with a 2x2x1.5ft plastic bin maybe get in a few extra plants. Until then its all just seeing what I can get with what I know and the equipment I've put tougether. Also posting the journal here to see what help I can get if I run into issues or have questions.

How far did you keep your light from your plants for your grow? I've been a little cautious since I put up the 300w, I really don't want to over do the light and get some bleaching. I have mine at about 20-24 inches from the top of the plants.
I'll check out your journal see how you got your setup rigged.
I didn't really have a choice on led hight as it was in a 3 drawer chest of drawers, my micro setup but as I'm upgrading I will be able to play with the LED height.

I've seen the new images of your new grow cupboard set-up that you posted, it's looking good. I hope it starts to show some nice growth on the plants. So far so good with the half week on my Viparspectra, I had to raise the light a little and thinking about dimming to 80% its still feels like a lot of light for my little guys right now.

Here is a better shot of my closet
20181029_171547.jpg
A few closer pics of my plants
20181029_171609.jpg20181029_171620.jpg20181029_171631.jpg

Hello everyone, it's Saturday and I'm here with my weekly progress pictures. Last week was the first full week with the 300w Viparspectra as I hooked it all up last Friday afternoon. Had some problems with one plant that didn't take well to the increase in light output and started to give me some yellowing and small spotting on some leaves, I've raised my light as high as my current set-up will allow and luckily got the dimmable model and knocked back my light output 25% and added a few hours of dark to the light timer which from what I'm observing has stopped the spread of the yellowing but sadly the spots seem to be buggered as good working leaf matter, if it doesn't spread farther I'll keep the leaves as they are still way more then 75% healthy looking all round.

20181103_184012.jpg
Week 7 for left plant - Week 8 for right plant
Getting crowded, at least they have room to spread

20181103_184025.jpg20181103_184100.jpg
Nice Split on the plants

20181103_184111.jpg20181103_184118.jpg
Some idea of the issues I've run into, all the yellow is on leaves
in full light the, brown spots on older leaves in full light
So far so good some nice growth despite the slight problem, but it doesn't seem to have slowed her down any. Looking forward to the next few weeks before I switch to 12/12 and start the flowering part of this journey.
Have a good one guys, Happy Growing

Yellow spots may be splashed nutrient solution. Could be some other thing, toxicity or deficiency, but sounds like it’s not a huge priority. A few close up photos of the spots may help someone smarter than me assist in determining the issue.

Looking good so far. I am a fellow Canadian who did the same thing, except I started last fall...I wanted a good head start lol

Yellow spots may be splashed nutrient solution. Could be some other thing, toxicity or deficiency, but sounds like it’s not a huge priority. A few close up photos of the spots may help someone smarter than me assist in determining the issue.

Looking good so far. I am a fellow Canadian who did the same thing, except I started last fall...I wanted a good head start lol

Welcome. Thanks for the idea, I've been looking all over the inter-tubes looking for something that fits. The yellowing is light related only thing I found that really fits. As for the small brown spots I'm not 100%, I do mix my chems with a pipette but I may have gave my plants a misting with the wrong bottle once or twice. I'll have to be more careful and see if anythign changes.

This is my second grow I had one started in April in a full DWC set-up but my old light wasn't viable for good weed plants, way low on the wattage, DWC was also a steeper learning curve to start on. I simplified and saved to afford the new light and decided to start again see where this attempt gets me.

Do you have a journal I could check out? It'd be great to see what you got going on in your grow.
Nevermind I'm stupid I see the link will check that out

Just a small update, so my yellowing issues have stopped spreading but the yellow is going to brown on the leaves. My guess is that the leaf matter is starved for what it needs because of the damage and the tissue is being killed off. I decided to beat it to the punch and do a quick trim off the worst leaves and quick snip on the lesser damaged leaves, why let the plant spend energy on those leaves.

20181104_202359.jpg
Initial signs looked like this, started small and began to spread
only on the top leaves fully exposed to the light
20181104_202416.jpg
First signs of brown, only on the yellow areas
20181104_202352.jpg
one of the worst leaves by this afternoon
wasn't crispy and underside was still green but I wanted it gone
I hope I didn't do too much damage and my plant quickly recovers from the cuts and gets used to the 300w. I may see what happens as I creep the power output up slowly to get the full power rather then the 75% its been at.

Hello everyone, another Saturday and time for my weekly update. My two little girls are growing up quite nice, they both look really healthy and I think I've seen the last of the leaf bleaching at least until they stretch in flower. Speaking of, I was looking at my space and decided to switch to 12/12 tonight. I was going to keep them in veg for 12 weeks, just do an even 3 months but if they keep growing as they are I'll be out of space before I know it. I've also gone and trimmed off some of the lower baby leaves and stems that wouldn't amount to much and a little clean up on the upper leaves.

20181110_195841.jpg 20181110_195850.jpg
Shots of the canopy at Week 8 & 9
last shots before transition to flowering
20181110_195931.jpg 20181110_195938.jpg
Thing-1 & Thing-2
20181110_195915.jpg
Looking at my trimming I never know if I'm cutting too many or too few leaves, so I think to err on the side of caution and not go way overboard. If everything is looking healthy and they start to get way too bushy I'll consider going at her again with the trimmer. Anyone else got suggestions on the trim situation?

Have a great one everyone.
Happy Growing!

Hey everyone,
Everything is looking good with my plants so far, I went a bit further on the trimming after watching a few videos and reading up a little on the defoliation. The leaves are all starting to come back slowly but I'm able to see some of the future bud sites. The main tops are starting to show the beginnings of buds with a few hairs starting to poke up on the upper most spots. So far so good, it all looks nice to me.

As always here are my weekly update photos

20181117_172122.jpg20181117_172250.jpg

20181117_172156.jpg20181117_172241.jpg

20181117_172333.jpg20181117_165621.jpg

20181117_172345.jpg20181117_172354.jpg
Looking forward to watching them progress over the next months, I've been quite happy with my progress so far and the results. I've been having a bit of issue keeping the temps down so I rearranged my fan setup and I've been able to keep it in a range of 26c-32c at 25%-35% humidity depending on when I watered, I'll have to watch that and keep it under control if it starts to get out of range.

Best of luck to you all and take it easy,
Happy Growing.

Looking good, I'm curious, why did you stop using DWC?
It was my first grow since I was a teenager and first DWC. I was a little over my head and my 45w led grow light was way underperforming.
I've spend the time from April getting a new light refining my setup to better work with my space. May revisit DWC after I've grown a few plants have my head around the way the plant grows.
I need to find my camera and pull up some of the shots of the plant, had to kill it so close to harvest :(

She didn't look so bad for a 45w light why did you kill it?
I was running into deficiencies and didn't have any cal-mag to fix it. It was a slow decline, I decided to harvest early and hope for the best ended up with 2 small mason Jars of premature bud. I was also an auto a month past when it should have been ready
May have been able to save it but I had decided for whatever reason

Back
Top Bottom