Jgrowlove's 50 Fire Strain Hunt: 1000W HPS

This is what we face, lol.. a beautiful strain like super silver haze. From the breeder, 5% of the females are mind blowing keepers, 1-20.. you'll get 18 seeds.. of those lets say 50% are males.. did all the seeds germinate, lol no runts, lol.. now we got six females.. and this is from a stable line..

I love basements,,, nice and cool down there as a rule,, but you need air,, least co2 with some ambient air flow. If you run outta space you can always use 6-8" flexable ducting. But if you got the space.. Hope you don't mind I take a peek here and there.
You sure got a lot going on.. GL and Keepem Green

It's a pleasure norcaliwood. I've always been in awe of your journals. I was trying to setup three different spaces a 18-6 for the seedlings and early veg plants then a 14-10 stage for late veg and plants that are close to flower size for me then a flower tent that would have access to fresh air flow. Problem is that my girls were starting to flower on 14-10 and messed up my cycle and I didn't wanna risk mold and poor yield from it so im gonna see if I can hold out until I have room to flower them out even tho I have two plants that started to flower and now are starting reveg. Hopefully they don't hermie out and just give me a bigger yield I'll have to keep an eye on those especially!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Happy to see you all. Not sure about the wall but I will probably be putting panda film all over to maximize light coverage I have a glass covered air cooled hps even tho I'm not cooling. So far the temps in my basement have been pretty stable around 60℉ -78℉

14 hours is really pushing it to keep a plant vegging.... I have a bad habit of throwing my girls out my outdoor grows, to early in the spring and they go into, well what I call' false flower'. That is like middle of May and days are about 14 hours per. and waxxing then have to reveg. Revegging like that, here makes too bushy a plant and prone to PM and Rott issues. We have mold spore everywhere here...
Just a question Why 14 hours a day? I like to veg mine 18/6. But now it's so cold I'm vegging 24/7 for heat source in the garage. Snow out the ass here...
GL and Keepem Green

It's a pleasure norcaliwood. I've always been in awe of your journals. I was trying to setup three different spaces a 18-6 for the seedlings and early veg plants then a 14-10 stage for late veg and plants that are close to flower size for me then a flower tent that would have access to fresh air flow. Problem is that my girls were starting to flower on 14-10 and messed up my cycle and I didn't wanna risk mold and poor yield from it so im gonna see if I can hold out until I have room to flower them out even tho I have two plants that started to flower and now are starting reveg. Hopefully they don't hermie out and just give me a bigger yield I'll have to keep an eye on those especially!

Why not try 15-9 instead or 16- 8 and 3 weeks before you are ready for them to flower reduce it to 14-10 then 13 -11 the last week before moving to flower.

"carpe diem"

Thanks guys for the info about 14-0. I was under the impression that it would be easier on the plants to go thru a normal transition into flower like naturally bt I think I might have to make two 18-6 spaces or maybe a 20-4 and an 18-6. I have been trying to see if anyone has done this before

I really think,,, now just my 2 cents,, is the drastic change in the light cycle from say 20/4 hours veg, kind of kick starts them into flowering mode... But I can't see why you couldn't do the diminishing lighting schedule in you wanted... I've heard that works pretty good,, but then you have to do all the same time and I always have plants coming outta my veg tent at different times. And different plants start flowering at different schedules. Outdoors,,, I have girls that start flowering say at 14/10 and others won't go till 15/9. All plants behave alittle different. Why I always say the first grow of a strain is kind of a learning thing. How much food, how big they will stretch, etc. But it's a live learn thing.... I think I'd stay with a good solid 16/8 min. veg light. I like to flower my autos under a 16/8 min too. Gives them a extra 4 hours of daylight to make as much sugars as possible, then at night they process the sugars and. And plants grow at night.. Thats why it's not good to really veg plants on a 24/7 cycle like I am right now.. It's cold is why I do that right now.
You know you need to get your link in your sig so peoples can find you.
GL and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom