Jgrowlove's 50 Fire Strain Hunt: 1000W HPS

I'm still walkin on the interwebs... found out "yes the dimmer will reduce brightness, wavelength, and therefore Kelvin as well." Just think about it like a fire. You can have a bonfire or a small fire. The higher kelvin just gives a higher option for the bonfire... beavis & butthead joke here

Before anybody jumps all up in my shit, I just started reading up so... "DON'T TAZE ME BRO!"

I got the light set up, wow it's bright. The veg tent looks like a pro nursery, I put the driver outside the tent and now it's brighter than before and cooler. I used a 2x4 for a base and attached the driver to it. I was concerned about possible fire from the heat of the driver but it's all good, bright, and temps are down.

WINNING... Tigers Blood anyone?

Bueller, Bueller Bueller

Veg Tent Update
Got some uppotting to do and also new seedlings that survived the cold winter germination period which I hope makes them tougher!

Buddah Tahoe OG in 1.5 gallons pot of FFOF soil needs uppotted to 7 gal soon

3 Zamaldelica x Panama clones in 1.5 gallons of FFOF soil they also need uppotted to 7 gal

3 Royal Cookies Clones in 1.5 gallons of FFOF soil which were recently uppotted looking pretty healthy

3 more Royal Cookies clones that need uppotted, 3 HSO Chemdawg seedlings, 2 IGH-Platinum Scout V2 seedlings, 1 RQS- Royal Gorilla seedling!

Next lineup of seeds that will be popped:
Dying Breeds Seeds- Zkittlez
MMS- Star Pupil
MMS- Goji Pupil
Barney's Farm- Liberty Haze
And a few of my 420 brothers @Dusty Kiefers crosses including Cherry Pit x Silver Pie
:ganjamon:

Vegging girls looking better after their first watering with Cal Mag. The older plants are around day 90 of veg and have been feeding on just the 1.5 gallons of Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil to me. This is probably the soil I will use in my Octopot that just purchased.

All plants/clones other than the big one on bottom left (hempy Candy Cane) were cut/ germinated December 8th and just up potted from Solo cups to 1.5 gallon pots which gave them some issues

January 24

February 5

4 days ago
Buddah Tahoe OG front left

Today
B.T.O.G and Zamaldelica x Panama's (back right) look better after adding Cal Mag

Octopot 60/40 soil to perlite medium is recommended which means I will have to add some to the FFOF soil which I already do for the potted plants. @SweetSue has seen an amazing increase in yields from the same clone vs Soil/Hempy. Watering everyday 7-10 days seems like a bonus as well!

:ganjamon:

Oh, you’re gonna have fun with that J! :hug: They recommend Sunshine mix, but if you get the 60:40 ratio soil to perlite it’ll work regardless.

I’m not yet convinced it’ll increase my yields enough to go back to soil, but time will tell. Hempy’s been very good to me. :blunt:

Hey guys, Dan at @TimberGrowLights recommended I never run the lights full out. I keep mine at about 80% most of the time. You might want to back off just a tad to extend the life of the unit.

Back
Top Bottom