JH Auto - Indoor Grow Journal - Advice Thread

rex3

Starting at week three, so as not to bore people. I have two CK Jack Autos growing indoor (focus of this thread) and other photos growing outside. I'll probably start a thread for the outdoor portion when it gets more interesting or when I run into trouble! :love:

Anyway, I have no idea what to do with this sucker, since it seems to be growing more like lettuce than cannabis. I'm so impressed with the penetration I get with this LED an so far, though I know this will change, there is absolutely no stretch at all and the nodes under the fan leaves are just flourishing. I've never seen anything like this, but without further todo:

I'm wondering what to do with this puppy now, just top it?

782a8331107243533829a38b862dbe9a.jpg
ca0e93c67bac8044a5306ac9c47b1735.jpg
7a1a1febd6b72bb1da610df933ba2272.jpg
d0e11efa41f2dd9305b885f5b236d61e.jpg

Outside shots for a better view

65526021c51e8c6d37d2595e927133fb.jpg
012b38f19602faedb368eb0918badd65.jpg

The other is sort of a runt, in comparison, but I'll ad some pics of her soon too.

Thanks!

I use a Mars II 900 and I'm growing a CK White Widow in a GH Waterfarm.

My WW grew very similar. One of the 'branches' actually grew out and overtook the primary cola! After I topped it it went nuts. It is the most dense and compact plant I've grown (first grow with the 900, previous grows were a 400).

Anyway, no, I wouldn't top the auto if I were you, sometimes they don't recover quite right.

Good luck!

Starting at week three, so as not to bore people. I have two CK Jack Autos growing indoor (focus of this thread) and other photos growing outside. I'll probably start a thread for the outdoor portion when it gets more interesting or when I run into trouble! :love:

Anyway, I have no idea what to do with this sucker, since it seems to be growing more like lettuce than cannabis. I'm so impressed with the penetration I get with this LED an so far, though I know this will change, there is absolutely no stretch at all and the nodes under the fan leaves are just flourishing. I've never seen anything like this, but without further todo:

I'm wondering what to do with this puppy now, just top it?

other is sort of a runt, in comparison, but I'll ad some pics of her soon too.

Thanks!

Hey Rex!

I have a couple CK JH Autos going as well. One is 25 days only and the other about 10 days. So we are on nearly the same schedule with one of them. And it's very interesting....my Jack is very tall and lanky. I'm using HPS lights and I wouldn't say I've had my light too far away. I've been trying to keep it around 6 inches from the top of the plant. One main difference we might have though is that I have had her in a 12/12 schedule because I have flowering photo plants in the tent. I hadn't been paying too much attention to her, so I didn't get to top her. She's got seven or so nodes already so I think it's too late to top.

She's on the left. The other is a Quarter Pounder at about 19 days.
20160513_065453.jpg
20160513_065440.jpg

Thanks for the advice, everyone. So pretty much right after I posted the pics above (when this thread had 150+ views and no replies) I cut the top two fan leaves and sort of FIMd it, but maybe I missed. ;) It's only been like 8 days and it bounced back. The first node is super healthy, the light must penetrate straight through the leaves. It's about 20" from the tops. I tried to capture more of the inside of the bush in these pics. I guess I"ll try to top again tonight or tomorrow night.

8376f3fdfa0be0245750aeb76d5fcf86.jpg
d8d1e7f636791a070a2cff95a075b2a1.jpg
d40d7906a6d09d5b5203824e385ca68d.jpg
def478510595134b20806d72d810c6b1.jpg

One main difference we might have though is that I have had her in a 12/12 schedule because I have flowering photo plants in the tent.

I'm on 18/6 (can't remember if I posted that or not) so maybe that extra 6 hours is making a difference. The other thing is that these seeds seem pretty random, maybe all autos are, this is one from the same batch of seeds, grown in the same soil mix and in the same tent, planted at the same time) - It looks more "normal" to me. The other is just some mutant or something.

EDIT: Alright. It's done. Definitely didn't miss that time.
1db1a0934cbf99dedb25be4fd1235880.jpg

I have a feeling that I'll be trimming out a lot of fan leaves (underbrush) if/when this lady has her growth spurt!

:thanks:

Hi I just ordered some JH seeds and am trying to gather everything I need (this will be my 1st time!), what kind of light are you using?

Head over to my grow journal. .you can find everything you need there..start at page one..happy growing.!!
Hi I just ordered some JH seeds and am trying to gather everything I need (this will be my 1st time!), what kind of light are you using?

Hey there!

I believe the orginal poster is using LED lighting but not sure what kind.
I am using HPS. I am wanting to switch to LED but havent yet. The main reason is due to heat issues with the HPS lights...as well I will use less power with LEDs.

Do you have a tent? I have two JH going right now. One is at six weeks and the other at three weeks.
The older on is currently 40" tall.

This is just my second grow...and first with the JH auto. But the package does say it can grow up to 3.5 feet tall...which is pretty much where I'm at.
Next time I'll definitly be topping her.

What is your setup like?

Hey there!

I believe the orginal poster is using LED lighting but not sure what kind.
I am using HPS. I am wanting to switch to LED but havent yet. The main reason is due to heat issues with the HPS lights...as well I will use less power with LEDs.

Do you have a tent? I have two JH going right now. One is at six weeks and the other at three weeks.
The older on is currently 40" tall.

This is just my second grow...and first with the JH auto. But the package does say it can grow up to 3.5 feet tall...which is pretty much where I'm at.
Next time I'll definitly be topping her.

What is your setup like?

Thanks for the response. I don't have a tent, I'm trying to figure out if I need one. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this, I thought that if I bought the auto flowering seeds I could grow them in my spare room like house plants (I told you I'm a noob, LOL). I'm thinking about buying a grow box, the one that was suggested to me is hydroponic and comes with everything I need. The price is a little high though, so I am trying to research to make sure I make the right choice.

Okay. Here's the update and it's not a good one - It's been a rough week and a half.

They suffered about 10 hours of extreme heat and all their water apparently evaporated. They were looking terrible. (This was before we turned the AC on in the house and days were cool; it rained for almost two weeks straight, until we had that one 90 degree day, out of nowhere, and BAM! They shriveled up to shit and went from amazing to terrible and sickly, in 10 hours while I was at work. The week that followed was rough. There were no signs of the original fan leaves returning to a healthy state, even after temps normalized and I watered them nightly; they actually were drinking the entire drenching. Though it's possible that they could have been brought back, after maybe another week, I decided to take more drastic measures.

I must admit, I didn't expect these problems, but it's been quite a learning experience and for that I'm grateful. Adjusting the space to make these damn plants happy, in my environment, is a challenge!

The plants have taken on a completely different shape, since I went with my gut and:
1. pruned the hell out of them
2. raised the light about 8 inches - light is 24" above her tops now.

Good news is that although they look like may 10g each now, at least I can see exactly what I'm working with. I would say I trimmed about 35% of her. Immediately after the stress, she went into flower.

IMG_20160531_222141.jpg

Since then, we've been almost steady high 80s outdoors so we turned on the AC. We turned and temps have remained average 78 degrees F, with the tent OPEN (which is another point) and that's still sort of high temps for my liking.

I picked up some hardware to route AC directly to the tent, using an adapter and 4" piping. If I decide to do this, I'll run it straight into the top of the tent and zip it up! (though I wont be surprised if it's too cold then or if the temp swing is too drastic at night) We'll see how that goes... smh... for the love... Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. As I said, I've already learned quite a few things and have some ideas about what I'll do differently next time. Besides, there is still the outdoor!! :D I'll start another thread on that and link it, but here's a teaser.

IMG_324211.jpg

Anyway, live and learn. Until next time!!

Thanks for the response. I don't have a tent, I'm trying to figure out if I need one. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this, I thought that if I bought the auto flowering seeds I could grow them in my spare room like house plants (I told you I'm a noob, LOL). I'm thinking about buying a grow box, the one that was suggested to me is hydroponic and comes with everything I need. The price is a little high though, so I am trying to research to make sure I make the right choice.

Hey! Sorry I haven't been responsive. I'm using a Mars II 700 LED and a 32"X32"X63" Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent I picked up on Amazon for under $80 shipped. I thought I added the details to my sig, but maybe not. Here is the link to the first thread I started on the topic - Which beans for indoor 32"X 32" tent with Mars II 700
I'm sure you *COULD* grow an auto strain like a house plant. It will bud and everything. They're inherently small though, so the more light it gets the better. If you have a window, where it could get full light for most of the day, you would probably do alright! It would be pretty tough to get dense buds, but I"m sure the smoke would be nice if it's a decent strain.

Back
Top Bottom