Jiffy pots

birdieman456

420 Member
I have germinated 12 seeds in jiffy pellets and they are now starting top pop. How long should I wait till I transplant them and what would be the next size of pot? I think I’m going to grow them in coco and transplant them outside in May. Am I too early starting seeds for outdoor? I am located in Ontario Canada?

Thanks for all the advise.

I have germinated 12 seeds in jiffy pellets and they are now starting top pop. How long should I wait till I transplant them and what would be the next size of pot? I think I’m going to grow them in coco and transplant them outside in May. Am I too early starting seeds for outdoor? I am located in Ontario Canada?

Thanks for all the advise.

There are some variables in what you ask.

You should transplant as soon as you see a root come out.

What you go into, that is subject to if you are growing auto or photo strains.

Ditto to Bonsaiweed, as soon as I see the tap root at the bottom of the Jiffy plug I transplant. I assume these are photo plants. You can go as small as a solo cup for their first transplant up to a 5 gallon bucket. 3 gallon may be a good size given the amount of time before you plan on transplanting them outside. You'll want enough root mass to hold the dirt together from the container you are moving it from, but not so much that it's beginning to get root bound. Mid May is about the earliest safe time to move plants outdoors in your area. Otherwise you have to worry about overnight frosts. Is it too early? Guess that depends. The extra time vegging won't hurt, they should get big. Do you have enough space and light indoors for 12 plants?

Back
Top Bottom