JimiGrow's 4 Strain Clones - Indoor Soil Mainline - Maui Waui, Bubblelicious, Somango XXL, Wonder Woman

JimiGrows

This will be a grow of 4 plants are clones from my current/previous grow. Why? I want to test two things with this grow. First, I want to see if main-lining is easier. I'm specifically looking to see if it's easier to maintain and to harvest with this method. For maintaining, ScrOG is difficult when I have to travel. For harvest, I'm really too lazy to be trimming into the wee hours of the morning. Second, is to break 2 pounds in a harvest. If we follow the common math of 0.5oz/gallon pot, then I should be really close to 30 ounces (4*15*0.5).

Let me introduce you

Maui Waui

Bubblelicious

Somango XXL

Wonder Woman

And the group photo

These are all cloned from plants that started as seeds from Nirvana.
Here's the game plan for this grow
  1. Make some clones - Done
  2. Transplant into 2-gallon Smart Pots - Done
  3. Top to third node once node 5 is going and trim any other growth - 75% Done
  4. LST Main-lines - Not Started
  5. Top after new growth nodes appear and trim any other growth - Not Started
  6. LST some more - Not Started
  7. Top after new growth nodes appear and trim any other growth - Not Started
  8. LST some more - Not Started
  9. Move to big tent with 600W MH bulb - Not Started
  10. Transplant int 15-gallon Smart Pots. {Yes, 15-gallon} - Not Started
  11. LST around tomato ring - Not Started
  12. Switch light to 12/12 - Not Started
  13. Switch to 600W HPS bulb after 2 weeks (to slightly minimize stretch) - Not Started
  14. Harvest - Not Started
  15. ??? - Always
  16. Enjoy! (was going to use "Profit!", but I'm not selling this) - Not Started
Garden Info
Vegetation
Indoor 24"x24"x48" Tent
450W LED in Veg mode
Heating pads
Soil: 50/50 (by volume) of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and ProMix BX
Amendments: None

Flowering
Indoor 48"x48"x80" Tent
600W MH/HPS Cool tube light
6" High CFM fan with filter
Soil: 100% ProMix BX (plus whatever comes from the previous pot)
Amendments: General Organics Box lineup and some non-sulphered molasses

I'm excited for this grow. I'll post follow-up to show the topping/trimming aftermath. Let `er rip!

Hey there fellow mainliner!
havent seen anyone do it with clones yet!

Pro tip. let em stretch in the beginning and don't bombard them with blue :) try and keep those nodes spaced out so you don't have to trim a bunch of nodes before flip :) best mainline tip I wish I had :)

looking forward to this :)
-scuba

Thanks for the tips @Purpsmagurps (now I just want to say your name over and over... rolls off the tongue). Welcome aboard!

Pro tip. let em stretch in the beginning and don't bombard them with blue

I have to say, I don't know what "bombard them with blue" means. Could you help me out?

Thanks for the tips @Purpsmagurps (now I just want to say your name over and over... rolls off the tongue). Welcome aboard!

I have to say, I don't know what "bombard them with blue" means. Could you help me out?
I think hes talking bout the light spectrum in your led

yeah let those main node sites stretch a little bit, the blue makes side shoots on your mainlines, so if you let your plants stretch up to the blue a little you wont have a notch every inch from a side shoot you would have to cut off. :)

yeah let those main node sites stretch a little bit, the blue makes side shoots on your mainlines, so if you let your plants stretch up to the blue a little you wont have a notch every inch from a side shoot you would have to cut off. :)

Got it. They're on 18/6 right now, so I may change the schedule to 16/8. Would adding the "veg" mode this early on (more reds and yellows) help or is that unnecessary? I've never really changed the light settings.

that nugbuckets tutorial is GOLD I would follow it as verbatim as possible :)
Ha! Exactly what I plagiarized in my steps. Good eye :D

the bloom has more reds and yellows and yeah hang it up high and turn on both switches. I'm doing that with my seeds right now. the intensity is still really high so the longer night period would definitely help

Alrighty, timer is set for 16/8 and LEDs are running full bore. I had to open a vent and start the fan with the increased heat output. The tent was in the low 90F range and should now be in the 80s.

Good luck man I'm watching intently as I too would like to move away from scrog.
I'm sure for some set ups scrog is great, but for me it has been a hassle. Not to mention harvest is a real pain trying to figure out what branch is coming from which plant. And all the trimming of so many branches. I need simplicity. I'm guessing you feel similarly?

Things are growing slowly in the clone tent. That's expected as clones don't generally have as good of a root system as plants grown from seed. It's taking some extra time for those growth nodes to extend. However, the look really healthy. The longer grow time works well for me as the big tent won't be available until 4+ weeks from now.

Current Garden (spare clones for insurance)

Before & After pics

Are you trying to make them stretch?
Yep. Just a little as suggested by @Purpsmagurps. Not only for the node spacing, but this will help with being able to water/feed them later with the way my setup is going to be laid out.

I'm in Jimi, anything to keep it simple.
"Anything to keep it simple" has been my life-mantra lately. From growing plants, to reducing possessions, and streamlining work life -- I'm trying to keep it simple. Distractions eat up so much time (end soapbox).

Back
Top Bottom