JimiGrows 4 Strain in Scrog - Indoor Soil

JimiGrows

New year, new grow. This time I'm growing Maui Waui, Bubblelicious, Wonder Woman, and Somango XXL from Nirvana. All are feminized. I'll be putting them in a scrog like I did my last Sour Jack grow to keep the heights even in the 4ftx4ft tent. They're in my 2'x2' tent where it's easier to keep the environmentals stable (heat and humidity) while it's still cool.

Garden Info
Vegetation
Indoor 24"x24"x48" Tent
450W LED in Veg mode
Heating pads

Flowering
Indoor 48"x48"x80" Tent
600W HPS Cool tube light
6" High CFM fan with filter

Just over a week since germination

On Sunday, it had been 2 weeks since germination. It was time to get the ladies into bigger pots. Each was transplanted into a 2 gallon SmartPot with a 50/50 mix of FF Forest Ocean and some Pro-Mix potting soil (it doesn't have any nutrients). This mix seemed to work well in the past for vegetation.

Sunday, 2 weeks post germination

And you'll notice that there are 5 plants now. Well, one of the Bubblelicious seedlings looked like it died right after germination so I started a second seed and put it in the same cup and it germinated within 2 days. About 3 days later the one that looked dead came back and it's the one in the cup. I'm not sure what I'll do with it because space will be limited in the 4'x4' tent. Maybe I'll start a stealth outdoor grow. We'll see.

The view from inside the tent this morning (2 days after transplant)

You should be able to fit that 5th one in the middle, just like you have it, in a one gallon smart pot.

IN fact, since you're using smart pots, which are flexible, you can switch out the round saucers with rectangular cheapo food storage bins (Glad or Ziplock) as the saucers, which will give you more floor space.

You'll find them in the picnic supplies at the grocery store. I use them for all kinds of grow-related storage.

You should be able to fit that 5th one in the middle, just like you have it, in a one gallon smart pot.

IN fact, since you're using smart pots, which are flexible, you can switch out the round saucers with rectangular cheapo food storage bins (Glad or Ziplock) as the saucers, which will give you more floor space.

You'll find them in the picnic supplies at the grocery store. I use them for all kinds of grow-related storage.

That's an excellent idea while it's vegging, AKgramma. I'll give this a shot for the next few weeks. However, I'm 99% certain it won't fit into my scrog during bloom. Four plants filled the tent last time. I may donate it to a friend/family member/caregiver.

Wow, these seem to have grown faster than my previous grows. It's 5 weeks since germination; 36 days to be exact. The were all throwing roots out the bottom of the pots and their "wingspan" was bigger than the pots' diameter.

That means it was time for a transplant.

And final pots means it's time to move them to the big garden. So on Thursday that's what I did.

This morning I finally topped the Bubblicious. One I germinated about a week after the others. The other, I thought died but came back so it's a little slow. I also FIM FIM'd (I missed topping AND FIM'ing) the Somango. I re-topped it. It needed it anyways as it's taller than the rest

Now I'm concerned with the Maui Waui taking over. I need to be vigilant in trimming it down so it doesn't hog the light from the rest.

I figure in about a week, I'll lower the grid and start weaving them for ScrOG.

They just keep growing. Nothing eventful at day 43. I have to do branch weaving every day or two, but nothing major. Watered today with no nutes. Won't add those until well into flower.

Pictures over the past week or so.

Nice! "All systems are a go!" That scrog has come a ways since I've last seen it. It's looking good. Are you in a 4x4? 3x3? I've never run an actual scrog net, mostly just heavy training of all sorts to basically do what you're getting done by using a net. Spreading out your plants to cover the square footage you have, with as many tops (buds) as possible. Im digging it.
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to post and put up the pic's. I still have a hard time. lol! :)

Nice! "All systems are a go!" That scrog has come a ways since I've last seen it. It's looking good. Are you in a 4x4? 3x3?

That's a 4'x4' tent. Managing it in veg isn't bad at all. However, I'm worried about after I flip it over to flower. In the back left is the Maui Waui and the back right is the Somango XXL. They're already really big relative to the others. The Maui Waui will definitely get bigger, but the Somango shouldn't stretch too much. With 5 plants it's going to get interesting to balance of weaving and trimming fan leaves so that no plant gets deprived of light.

I've never run an actual scrog net, mostly just heavy training of all sorts to basically do what you're getting done by using a net. Spreading out your plants to cover the square footage you have, with as many tops (buds) as possible. Im digging it.

I'm finding scrog to be a bit easier compared to training without the net. It does make it a little harder to water, but I put in a drip system that starts outside of the tent.

Thanks for dropping in, @Big Sparks :)

Nice scrog Jim. So now what a seed the plant grows are you going to weave the plant in the scrog and keep her flat what's the plan. lol I'm about to put the scrog to my gorilla glue this week she's 2 weeks old and ready. I've never done a scrog but I'll just watch yours lol. Any tips would b helpful thanks

Quick ?. Is the Somango XXL from Seedsman? I got a "Somango freebie" from them and am wondering if they're the same or similar? Or maybe they crossed it with like Critical+ or something to add size. Hmmmmm.....
Enquiree minds wanna know.

All these seeds were from Nirvana

Nice scrog Jim. So now what a seed the plant grows are you going to weave the plant in the scrog and keep her flat what's the plan. lol I'm about to put the scrog to my gorilla glue this week she's 2 weeks old and ready. I've never done a scrog but I'll just watch yours lol. Any tips would b helpful thanks

Yep, I'm going to keep weaving as needed. I want only a max of 4-6 inches above the screen.

Tips. I'm no pro, but here's what I've learned:
  • Make sure you do any weaving before you water. This means that if you have a branch that needs to move within a few days and you're about to water, do it right before you water.
  • Don't weave right after watering. Branches are too stiff (maybe up to a couple of days)
  • Go slow.
  • I wait until I've FIM'd or done the 2nd set of topping before lowering the screen
  • I like to make sure one plant isn't blocking the light for another. Remove the really obnoxious fan leaves if you need.
  • If in soil, have a hose, drip system, or really long wand watering device. You won't be able to get to the container.
That's all I can think of right now...

Back
Top Bottom