450W LED in Veg mode
Heating pads

Flowering
Indoor 48"x48"x80" Tent
600W HPS Cool tube light
6" High CFM fan with filter
IMG_20170127_113843_small1.jpg

Plant Info
Sour Jack (feminized) from CropKingSeeds (CKS). These are 70% Sative rated at 16.75% THC.
Germinated with soak then plate method
Planted in Solo cups with Pro-Mix All Purpose Growing Mix. This is un-enriched soil made of 80-90% peat moss, perlite and limestone

Current status
Soaked seeds for 18 hours March 8-9 and plated them on the 9th. All 7 seeds germinated with ~1" tap root by the 11th of March. All seedlings broke through within the first 48 hours of being transplanted. They look much stronger than the Blueberry plants that I started first. They're on a 18/6 schedule. Here's a couple of them 48 hours after being transplanted (on morning of March 13).
IMG_0721381.jpg
IMG_0723451.jpg
IMG_0724491.jpg

Plans
After outgrowing the Solo cups they're going into 1gal pots, then 5gal pots for the remainder... unless these turn out to be giants.
Will FIM and LST all of them.
Move them to big tent for flowering after Blueberry is done or if there's enough space while the others are flowering.

Since the last update:
  • The SJ plants were moved into the big tent with the older Blueberry plants. Started out at 450W, now at 600W MG light.
  • Watered once
  • Fed once with full GO Box line (1/2 strength of week 1 feeding)
They'll be moved to 2gal Smart Pots this evening. Here's what they look like

One Week After Germination
IMG_20170318_090158.jpg

18 Days After Germination
IMG_20170330_122432.jpg

Golfer420, I just read most of your latest journal and it's good stuff. I've seen a ton of posts about the order mix ups. Fortunately, these seeds were ordered intentionally. They're growing much better than my previous Blueberry grow but I think that was mostly due to noob mistakes and unlucky genetics.

Thanks for joining the thread!

I moved the plants out of their Solo cups into 2gal Smart Pots. They have great root systems on them. If I would have waited too much longer it would have been a mess. Here's the entire garden. (The larger plants are Blueberry started a month earlier).

IMG_20170331_124606.jpg

I'm currently growing the sour jack from CKS aswell. Curious to see the growth rate of your garden. Mine was about a month longer than normal in the veg cycle. In flower now. From my research other growers had this same problem with sour jack. And the picture they had online wasn't even the right strain when it was first put out on the website. Suspect

I let my lady veg till day 54. She was a slow start in the beginning. Here is a link to a video at day 49 to see her size. Keep in mind I'm in tight quarters. 30" high tent with a 3" LED light hanging. Her grow is combined in my Amnesia Haze thread below (I really should have started a new journal).

candy cane day 49 - YouTube

She's definitely going to stretch. That main cola got real tall early on and I new I was going to have to tie it down.:hmmmm: Almost all the main branches were held down.

Good luck fella's:goodluck:

Dropcroptop, why'd you hold yours in veg longer? Were they just too small? And what do you consider a normal veg cycle?

From seed I was hoping to veg for two months. It ended up taking over 2 and a half months before they reached over 15 inches. I had 7 growing simultaneously so I really want to blame the genotype. All 7 grew at about the same rate. Nickname SLOWjack.

I let my lady veg till day 54. She was a slow start in the beginning. Here is a link to a video at day 49 to see her size. Keep in mind I'm in tight quarters. 30" high tent with a 3" LED light hanging. Her grow is combined in my Amnesia Haze thread below (I really should have started a new journal).

Ok, I found your SJ thread hidden in there :) Ok, that's a good time for me anyways. I'm aiming for 60 days (< 40 now woot!)

From seed I was hoping to veg for two months. It ended up taking over 2 and a half months before they reached over 15 inches. I had 7 growing simultaneously so I really want to blame the genotype. All 7 grew at about the same rate. Nickname SLOWjack.

Thanks for that info, dropcroptop. Yep, I'm shooting for 60 days in veg, but if it runs over I won't mind. However, these are growing better than my Blueberry is, but I think that is mostly due to noob error.

It's day 22 of this Sour Jack grow and the plants are chugging along. Five of the plants are all 3-5in (10cm for the rest of the world) and have 4-5 nodes. I've got one runt and one really weird looking one. I'll have to remember to take a photo of them next time.

I'll be moving these back into the smaller veg tent on Tuesday night since I'm flipping my Blueberry grow to flower then. I'll be FIMing 2 of the SJ and topping the other 3 just to see how they handle it (the weird ones I'm leaving alone).

3 of the 7 plants
IMG_20170402_105252.jpg

IMG_20170402_105241.jpg

IMG_20170402_105228.jpg

Have you looked in to mainlining?

I have, but I'm not looking to do it until the next grow or the one after that. Hopefully, by then I'll be a little more experimental. This is only my second grow and I haven't even completed the first one.

I topped the 2 largest plants last night. Unfortunately, I left the fan on while the lights were off and I think I induced a potassium deficiency. The soil temp got below 60F, and I think with them trying to divert water to the new growth areas it stressed them into it (I've read that stressors can contribute to a K deficiency).

I don't think it's nute burn since none of the other plants are exhibiting any burning. I'm going to let it ride another night and see if it spreads or worsens. If it does, I'll flush; otherwise, I'm leaving them alone.

Here are some pics. Let me know if you think it's something else.

IMG_20170409_155849.jpg
IMG_20170409_155833.jpg
IMG_20170409_155814.jpg

Everything is​ chugging along. I wasn't expecting all of them to survive, now I'm getting short on space. I might have to send a couple to the flower tent early... Just have to see what this week brings.

420-magazine-mobile1473281368.jpg

Back
Top Bottom