JimmyCricket's 1st Indoor Grow - Chemdog D & White Rhino x Blackberry

Re: JimmyCrickets 1st indoor grow. Chemdog D and White Rhino x Blackberry

Kelp is good stuff. Has basically every mineral plus a small bit of nitrogen and Potash, as well as some growth hormones.

BTW I love when you check plants in the AM and then come back and check them in the PM and they have visibly grown in those 12 or so hours :D. I notice it most often happens a day or so after a nice hard drenching. Or rather once the soil is getting fairly dry but not bone dry after a deep watering.

Your babies are looking pretty darn good there JimmyC. I had 8 plants in my 4x4 and they did ok. I did fill up.

heres the babies, the two Chem D are on the left the 4 WR BB on the right.

15818.JPG

View image in gallery

Coming along nice now Jimmy!!
At first they looked a little weak, but now they all seem happy:):) Nice work!
The larger Chemdog looks freaky!! Is this due to being a clone?? Her leaves i mean.. And the purple stem looks trippy too!
Ive read about the chem dog, and its meant to be a nice smoke yeah?? Wish i could get this strain along with a few others..
Well im looking forward to see how these grow:) Take it easy mate and chat soon.. Smokemup:goodjob:

Well they were only 3 days old in the first pic lol.

The Chem D just naturally has purple stems, plus I tend to feed them a bit hot in the beginning which also turns beginning stems purple.

the leaves on the big Chem D are like that because it revegged. I guess when you reveg it makes leaves go 1 or 3 points for awhile instead of 5 or bigger. It also makes it go stupidly bushy lol. Soon I will trim off a lot of those lower branches to make clones. There are about 20-30 little branches coming off the main stem on it. Sooner or later it will get kinda lollypopped and LST with the trims being made into clones.

Yeah Chemdog is really potent stuff. Usually the smoke is a bit of both indica and sativa trait. This is what I have read although I have not ever smoked it yet myself. I know that it consistently tests at 20-28% THC at coffee shops.

That big Chem looks like a nice producer...I would love to keep that inside for the winter just letting her veg-the-eph out and take clone after clone from her and then put her outside in the spring to grow into a 8' tall tree before flowering NEXT fall...can you say 5lb harvest?

Thats kinda the plan mom. Except I am gonna make a bunch of clones with her then flower her. Then those clones will be going outside. early spring. Or maybe even sooner depending on how my greenhouse turns out heatwise.

The plan was to use LED for flowering, sometimes plans change. they been changing for me all grow long lol.

Yea I know what you mean, Im stuck on what to do once i put mine into flowering. ive been looking at all in one 400w HPS/MH lamps. Dont know if they would have the same effect as buying everything separate though? I wanted to check out LED but idk. You your self look like you would need a long light panel to cover your grow area

A 400watt HPS/MH ballast will work equally as well as having a separate 400watt ballast for HPS and a separate one for MH.

Ive been considering quintupling my grow area by getting another 2 4x8 tents then using this 4x4 tent just for vegging. If I did that I might get 4 1000watt HPS.

TBH though I just dont know lol.

Dreams I have, smh. I only wish. Im working on getting these two plants to the finish line. I had five but i lost them due to hydro. Sadest day of my life that day. So I just have two strong growing plants. 3rd onr im trying to nurse back into health. Once I start getting clones frm my main plant, ill start to up my grow area. Its just hard for me because ive been wasting money. Everyone sends me in different directions with what lights and or equipment to use in my grow room. If my clones survive then yea ill be upping my grow room just how you mentioned. The thing is I wouldnt know what to do with my 4ft T5? Is your T5 a 4ft? I need a tent so it could fit in. Ill have that on the lower half for seedlings and clones and then keep the 400w HPS/MH over top for older plants. Just wouldnt know what to do when 12/12 starts. So I see your point with getting a second grow tent.

Dreams I have, smh. I only wish. Im working on getting these two plants to the finish line. I had five but i lost them due to hydro. Sadest day of my life that day. So I just have two strong growing plants. 3rd onr im trying to nurse back into health. Once I start getting clones frm my main plant, ill start to up my grow area. Its just hard for me because ive been wasting money. Everyone sends me in different directions with what lights and or equipment to use in my grow room. If my clones survive then yea ill be upping my grow room just how you mentioned. The thing is I wouldnt know what to do with my 4ft T5? Is your T5 a 4ft? I need a tent so it could fit in. Ill have that on the lower half for seedlings and clones and then keep the 400w HPS/MH over top for older plants. Just wouldnt know what to do when 12/12 starts. So I see your point with getting a second grow tent.

Wiz,
Check out my current grow. I am expanding my area but if you check that one and my completed grow you will see how I have come along in such a short time. It can be done.

my tent is 4x4, inside it right now I have two 4 foot long t5 ho fixtures, each fixture has 4 bulbs, so its 432 watts total of t5.

Yea I know what you mean, Im stuck on what to do once i put mine into flowering. ive been looking at all in one 400w HPS/MH lamps. Dont know if they would have the same effect as buying everything separate though? I wanted to check out LED but idk. You your self look like you would need a long light panel to cover your grow area

I will recommend a lumatek 400 switchable, dimmable ballast. I have one and it is amazing. My brother used 600's and 100's from them for years...great ballast...

I checked it out. hows that 150w compact MH working for ya? I was just talking about those to Jimmy. I plan on getting the 400w switchable bulb. They only have them online and I dont know what site to trust with buying those. My local hydro store is charging over price for the 400w he wants $289 but i seen them online for $170

my tent is 4x4, inside it right now I have two 4 foot long t5 ho fixtures, each fixture has 4 bulbs, so its 432 watts total of t5.

Do you leave them in there for flowering? Have you ever used T5 blooming bulbs for flowering? I have about a month to go but I want to know ahead of time. See my house has those smart meters on them and I dont want my light bill going from $56 to $200. T5 been keeping me under the radar.

I read on in your journal that you went to the store and got your clones? Can you buy clones out of a store? I ask because I want to get some fem seeds off line but dont know where to get them sent or what site to trust not to just take my money. I would like to grow some chem D and wonder woman

I checked it out. hows that 150w compact MH working for ya? I was just talking about those to Jimmy. I plan on getting the 400w switchable bulb. They only have them online and I dont know what site to trust with buying those. My local hydro store is charging over price for the 400w he wants $289 but i seen them online for $170

Just for correction, it is a HPS. The 150w HPS did not serve me well but it was more like newb error. I ordered some equipment through Amazon but recommend using sponsors as they will be trust worthy and protect your information. I am going to get enough equipment so it is obvious that it is I not doing something right with my grows. I got a whole Apollo 400w dimmable MH/HPS with air-cooeld hood, timer, rope ratchets for under $200 shipped. Once you get the main expenses taken care of you can save up to expand, that is what I have done. I recommend a filter and fan as smell will get you before you know it and I find it to be an essential piece of equipment as you never know who may knock at your door.

Back
Top Bottom