JM26 Presents CKS AutoFem Train Wreck: The First Adventure

I'll sub up for the rest of your adventure. Oldschool has some great advice for you indeed. The grow micro bloom from advanced nutrients is meant to be used together. It's a three part base nutrient. Although I do use all of them every feeding asper the recommended schedule, i often put less bloom in early on. And at this stage (week 3) you should be using 4ml per litre. One reason for this is that it uses ph balancing technology which may not work with only 1 or 2ml per litre. Hope you're ladies turn out great, I'll be sitting on the sidelines enjoying the show.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

So I should be using bloom? I plan on increasing the dosage by .5 each feeding, assuming they seem to be taking it well. And I'm not doubting your measurements, but I know Atrain is a highly regarded auto grower around here, and his feedings never topped out over 2.5ml/L with his g/m/b, so I'll need to do more looking around on that. My biggest fear from this point on is burning them up with nutes. I'm gonna be giving them so many different kinds, which is probably crazy for my experience level, that it'll be hard for me to tell what is what, when it comes to solving any issues, may they arise. Thanks for stopping in though, dude - don't be afraid to offer as much feedback as you see fit! The more I can learn, the better.

Deffo going to watch ur grow! Was recommended to grow it myself by a friend of mine who is growing it 4th time in a row now if I get to his house anytime soon I'll make a sneaky picture of it, it's BIG. Honestly

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Please do! I believe it after seeing Old Schools. It's a monster, with some FAT buds. He's definitely great at what he's doing, tho, so I'm not expecting mine to be near as juicy.

I'm starting to look into LST and topping. Debating if I want to try topping one of them my first grow, but my guts telling me to learn to walk before I run. I definitely want to get some LST going though.

Thanks for stopping in peeps, I definitely appreciate the extra eyes!

I'll have some pics in a few hours. I gave a quick peek at the girls right before lights off to look at my readings. Temps maxed out at 82, bottoming out at 64. With a much larger towel in the tent, the humidity was maxing out at 67%.

I jumped in the tent at "sunrise" and temp was 66. Humidity was pretty high at 86 I think? Might have to take towel out at lights out. I'll come up with something lol. The meter was reading right on the line of moist and dry, so I held off on feeding. Anyone recommend going ahead, or should I wait 24 hours?

Also, I'm still wondering if I can run both growth and bloom switches on, or if I should wait for a few buds start showing.

Anyway, here's the ladies.

Bertha, who I'm really considering topping.

420-magazine-mobile920355542.jpg

420-magazine-mobile239904193.jpg

420-magazine-mobile935135181.jpg

Fiona

420-magazine-mobile324540755.jpg
420-magazine-mobile462246411.jpg

420-magazine-mobile26679652.jpg

Together

420-magazine-mobile1847255705.jpg

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I jumped in the tent at "sunrise" and temp was 66. Humidity was pretty high at 86 I think? Might have to take towel out at lights out. I'll come up with something lol. The meter was reading right on the line of moist and dry, so I held off on feeding. Anyone recommend going ahead, or should I wait 24 hours?

Also, I'm still wondering if I can run both growth and bloom switches on, or if I should wait for a few buds start showing.

Anyway, here's the ladies.

Bertha, who I'm really considering topping.

420-magazine-mobile920355542.jpg

420-magazine-mobile239904193.jpg

420-magazine-mobile935135181.jpg

Fiona

420-magazine-mobile324540755.jpg
420-magazine-mobile462246411.jpg

420-magazine-mobile26679652.jpg

Together

420-magazine-mobile1847255705.jpg

Cheers!

I answered most of that in the other thread, but as for the next feeding I'd hold off. Roots will be searching for water and thus getting more depth in the media. Have you considered weighing your pots dry and wet so you get a better idea of when to feed? Those 3in1 meters are very vague and sometimes inaccurate. Just makes sure you take your readings from the bottom of the pots, you can also then find where the moisture line is in the media giving you a better idea of how long you have till next watering.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yea I'm starting to get a feel for the pot. I have three meters that I use. Two are the same, and one is the 3in1 type. They all come out pretty close to the same. I give the pots a little lift and a turn every day, so I'm getting that feel down.

Turned on the bloom spectrum and it boosted the temperature inside the tent, so I turned the fan up, which is dropping the humidity again. When I left this morning, my temp was 86 and my humidity was 34.

I don't know what to invest in first - a nice humidifier or a nice exhaust system. I guess I should go with the cheaper option, since one issue probably solves the other, eh!?

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me. More updates tonight!

Yea I'm starting to get a feel for the pot. I have three meters that I use. Two are the same, and one is the 3in1 type. They all come out pretty close to the same. I give the pots a little lift and a turn every day, so I'm getting that feel down.

Turned on the bloom spectrum and it boosted the temperature inside the tent, so I turned the fan up, which is dropping the humidity again. When I left this morning, my temp was 86 and my humidity was 34.

I don't know what to invest in first - a nice humidifier or a nice exhaust system. I guess I should go with the cheaper option, since one issue probably solves the other, eh!?

You can get a humidifier on the cheap for sure, if your in winter conditions like me Humidity is almost non existent. Even with my humidifier designed for an entire room has trouble keeping levels over 30%, 85f is a bit high but totally ok for seedlings. It's my pleasure to watch as your skills develop, it's what keep me going on these threads. I can't get enough... Keep us posted and as always,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

I would prob get the fan first. That will help bring your temp down. Also your not really gonna need I higher humidity when you start flowering in about 2 weeks. They'll start stinking too when they start flowering if smell is an issue might want to get a filter with your exhaust fan. Have you thought about topping one of them to compare results?

Yea I grab a 6" apollo. The fan I have for inside the tent seems to bottom out around 86 on full blast, so that seemed like the harder issue to control. I can soak towels to get temp rises in humidity. Haven't found a trick to get the tent cooler than 86 with this new light. My mix still isn't dry deep down, so I'm holding off, but I think Fiona is starting to show signs of needing the calmag. Think she'll be alright if I wait one more day to feed, or should I hit them now?

420-magazine-mobile1757255398.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1809296148.jpg

And yes, I'm gonna top Bertha at her next node. I still have a few of these beans left, so I'm gonna start some pups in a month or so, so even if I fuck up here, or my yields are small, I'll be right behind with more. So why not try and get a jump out the gates? Hopefully some of the heads around here guide me thru it!

I don't see any calmag deficiency starting... Those little spots are either a splash effect or maybe a pest issue. They look super healthy to me...

KiG :green_heart:

Edit: also an intake fan will help with the temps and overnight Humidity issues. Don't have to be powerful, just enough to get fresh air in there. Do you have passive intakes currently?

Hey JM! I'm having the same problem now in my tent with the new LED light. When I checked last night after it being on a couple of hours, the temp was up to 91F! I tried making the top vent opening as wide as possible and I unzipped the top zippers of the tent to let the heat at the top escape, but like yours the temp only went down to 86.

I'll try Snid's idea of using my clip-on fan down low near the intake vents and see if that sucks in cooler air. I'll let you know how it goes.

A few updates, but the pictures won't be coming until later, bc my battery is charging. Never the less...

I still have moisture in my mixture, so no feeding. I'm getting really itchy on my trigger finger though. I feel like the plants are missing out on nutes. I'm hoping it's reading dry tomorrow, bc my patience is really being tested.

Next, back to the spots that have come up on Fiona. I'm super bummed, bc she was looking perfect up to this point. All her leaves were shaped properly, she had great symmetry, and seemed to be growing the better of the two. The spots have turned to full on brown spots and the leaf is dying. The tips on the other leaf with sets of three are also turning brown and dying. The rest of the plant looks great. I think a tiny moth-like bug has flown in my vent and had a small snack. I remember killing it, but I thought it had flown in when I opened the tent - it must've already been making itself at home. My question now becomes, do I cut these leaves off, or let them ride it out?

Then, it end on a more positive and exciting note, I had originally planned on topping Bertha, bc Fiona looked to be the prettier girl, and I didn't want to potentially ruin a good thing, however, because of her new spots, she got topped tonight. I'm 98% sure I hit it right, but theres a slight chance of FIM in the forecast!

Stay stoned!

EDIT: YAY 50th post!

Hey JM! I'm having the same problem now in my tent with the new LED light. When I checked last night after it being on a couple of hours, the temp was up to 91F! I tried making the top vent opening as wide as possible and I unzipped the top zippers of the tent to let the heat at the top escape, but like yours the temp only went down to 86.

I'll try Snid's idea of using my clip-on fan down low near the intake vents and see if that sucks in cooler air. I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope you get everything worked out! I went ahead and purchased a fan for 70 bucks. It'll be here thursday, so I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Fan came in.

An hour after installation, I peeked inside and the temp was already reading 79F.

My only concern now is...

... is it to loud to sleep?

Stay tuned to find out...

Did you get a controller for your exhaust fan? I turned mine down to like medium speed the whole grow and it's way quieter than at full speed. It's about the same amount of noise as my light fans at medium speed. I also had heat issues in my tent before I got my fan, they suck the heat right out

Back
Top Bottom