Jodyhighrollr's Cluster Bomb 2018

jodyhighrollr

Hey everybody. Thanks for viewing my post. I just want to fill you in with some of my experience so far. I have successfully harvested two grows so far and have learned a decent amount along the way. I started with all LEDS with my first grow. Jodyhighrollr - Soil - Kali & The Chocolate Factory 2017
My second grow was under the same LEDS but with a 1000w hps in their also(God bud and skywalker og). I was happy to make it harvest on both my last grows I just have been pretty busy and wasn't able to do a journal of my last grow. I am six weeks into this grow now and have decided to go all organic and have significantly upgraded my set up. I have done a good amount of research now but am always open to recommendations/ideas along the way. I will be uploading pictures of my current grow tomorrow when I go to take care of them and have bought some PVC piping and drilled holes and put eye hooks them and will be scroging the plants under the lights I have now after their final transplant. I have been top'ing/fim'ing and super cropping them to make a good even canopy that I will spread to bring up the lower bud sites. I am lollipopping them throughout their veg cycle and so far am happy with how they are going considering this is my first fully organic grow. I am no expert by any means and am excited to learn whatever I can. Also I just want to add all except for one my plants now are Cluster bumb but I have one Cheese that is also doing very well in my garden.
Take it easy - Jodyhighrollr

What strain is it? Cluster bomb
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 6 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Supersoil(Subcool's recipe) mixed with Nectar for the Gods #8
If soil... What size pot? Going into 7 Gal smart pot
Size of light? 4x 600w HPS in a 10x10x7 tent.
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 76 on average.
RH of Room/cab? 55-60%
PH of media or res? 6.4
Any Pests ? None
How often are you watering? About to transplant so once every other day or so
Type and strength of ferts used? Super soil/Nectar for the gods #8. Top dressing with hot mix. Nothing additional except photosynthesis plus then mammoth p after I switch to flower.

Hey everybody sorry for the late update. I meant to get to this earlier but had a busy day. I had a really hot summer up in here and had a hard time keeping a good RH in my veg tent. A couple of my plants are a bit smaller than the rest but this picture is of 4 cluster bombs with the one cheese on the far right. I just gave them a good watering and am getting to transplant them now.
grow1.jpg

Here is a couple pictures from above to give you an idea of what the bud sites/canopy is looking like. I have done a little supercropping to allow some of the sites from below in the center to reach to upwards. I am going to let them veg for another 2-3 weeks and after transplant will be starting to set up my scrog. I had some slight discoloration on a few of the leaves but have decided to leave them for now because I reversed what was happening and they aren't dying so I figured they are still doing their jobs.
grow5.jpg

And here it one more picture of another plant to get an idea of what my plants look like in general, I still have some defoliating to do to help bring up some of the inner bud sites but don't want to do too much at once. I will be transplanting them tonight and will post more pictures of what they all looks like and how I will be setting up my SCROG.
grow4.jpg

I will also include a good picture of my light setup and how I have everything runner as I finish transplanting and organizing my tent to where everything will finish. Thanks for checking it out guys. Take it easy - Jodyhighrollr

Looking good :thumb:
Thank you. They had a little rough spot but early on because I was running both tents and it was hard to maintain a decent temp and humidity with the heat of the summer but I corrected that and they have bounced back now and look great. I may veg them a week or two longer because of it but they are getting close to the height I want them to be at now. I am going to get the PVC frame I made for my scrog ready to go soon. Super excite to see what I have learned in practice. Hoping switch to all organic doesn't crush my yields.

They had a little rough spot but early on because I was running both tents and it was hard to maintain a decent temp and humidity with the heat of the summer ....
but I corrected that and they have bounced back now and look great....Hoping switch to all organic doesn't crush my yields.
What were your max temps/RH in the tent this summer?
What was your solution?

Sub'd for the flowers! Organic farmer here.

I have a question, what's in your soil mix?

You mentioned Subcool. I looked that up but there are a lot of variations.

I like your 10x10 space, I bet thats going to be helpful with the size plants you have already.

What were your max temps/RH in the tent this summer?
What was your solution?

At times the temps were as high as 90 maybe slightly higher and the RH was at 65 or a little more before I swapped my last batch to flower. it was pretty hot and humid summer. I was running my lights at night to help with the temp and and had a intake fan ducted to a burp room. It just got to be too hot with the dehumidifier running so I ended up buying a portable ac that I put into the tent and that solved both my temp and RH problem for my flower tent but this batch was still in my veg tent and the drop in the humidity was hurting them. Once I got the ac in the flower tent I was able to maintain a better humidity in the veg tent and they bounced right back.
Sub'd for the flowers! Organic farmer here.

I have a question, what's in your soil mix?

You mentioned Subcool. I looked that up but there are a lot of variations.

I like your 10x10 space, I bet thats going to be helpful with the size plants you have already.
Unfortunately I’m at work until 2:45am but as soon as I can get to my notes and my computer I’ll let you know :)

At times the temps were as high as 90 maybe slightly higher and the RH was at 65 or a little more before I swapped my last batch to flower. it was pretty hot and humid summer. I was running my lights at night to help with the temp and and had a intake fan ducted to a burp room. It just got to be too hot with the dehumidifier running so I ended up buying a portable ac that I put into the tent and that solved both my temp and RH problem for my flower tent but this batch was still in my veg tent and the drop in the humidity was hurting them. Once I got the ac in the flower tent I was able to maintain a better humidity in the veg tent and they bounced right back.
"and they bounced right back"....what were they looking like before? 90F and 65% RH doesn't seem too extreme imo...but if they rebounded then obviously they were not loving it.

"and they bounced right back"....what were they looking like before? 90F and 65% RH doesn't seem too extreme imo...but if they rebounded then obviously they were not loving it.
Sorry I didn’t give a full explanation. Due to the dehumidifier the RH was lower than desirable in my veg tent. At times down to 40% or in that area due to my electrical and situation with the addition of the air conditioner. As far as the temp anything above 85-90f especially for a prolonged time will greatly reduce veg growth and can damage/evaporate terpenes(I'm going for quality not quantity). I could be wrong that’s just what I’ve found through research. I’ve noticed some of the extreme temp differences in your grow and am honestly surprised you have no herm problems. Hope that helped clear up the confusion.. back to work for me :) take it easy

Temps and RH don't have that much effect on plants growth, well unless its like 110F and the humidity is 95RH ... wait it gets that hot here where I live.

I've never seen any difference other than maybe more resin when the temps are high, then the RH spikes and we get mold.

The biggest affect on plant size and resin production is genetics, and that's probably like 99.95% of it. That .05 left is the environmental influence. My .02.... but might be less than .05

Temps and RH don't have that much effect on plants growth, well unless its like 110F and the humidity is 95RH ... wait it gets that hot here where I live.

I've never seen any difference other than maybe more resin when the temps are high, then the RH spikes and we get mold.

The biggest affect on plant size and resin production is genetics, and that's probably like 99.95% of it. That .05 left is the environmental influence. My .02.... but might be less than .05
I don’t want to come across as rude in any way but I don’t agree. If your veg tent(with young clones which was my experience) is below 40-50%rh when It should be at 70% Rh it’s going to take in more water from the roots and can take in too much nutrients due to having to be feed more frequently. Also high temperatures especially indoor can and will(strain dependent) slow or halt veg growth completely. I have my problem squared away and my tents don’t go above 78f. There is a bunch of information on it out there. Raising your temp and lowering humidity will help resin production towards the end of flower not during veg or at least that’s my understanding on it. Take it easy- jodyhighrollr

Hey everybody. I stopped to check on my plants before work and everything is going fine. I have half of them transplanted and will be doing the rest tomorrow along with stopping at Home Depot to buy some more pvc piping for my other scrog frame.
50106A57-D02D-4E7E-A7AB-18BCFF43844C.jpeg

The plant on the bottom left of the picture is the one cheese plant I have the rest are clusterbomb.
F7B118E4-6173-41B4-967C-DE2F4D1C251C.jpeg

I tried to get good pictures of the everything going but won’t be able to really show until I defoliate a little more and stretch them out for the scrog. I have a few plants that aren’t doing as well from the problems I had in veg. I’ll be taking them to flower still but they don’t stack up to the others. I will post more pictures soon. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr

Back
Top Bottom