Jodyhighrollr's Gelato OG & Pineapple Express #2: 2019 Quadline

@BudgetLED thank you for the response. I appreciate it. It’s hard to decide to spend a chunk of money on even a single a light after being displeased with previous lights. 30 day guarantee is great but not enough for a cycle so I will most likely wait until a growing friend gets one and I can see the results for myself. Thank you again.

Hey everybody. Just wanted to post a quick update. Everything is going great. I decided to try something different starting these seeds and for future clones and bought some promix and mixed it with some of the super soil I have and the plants are loving. I am getting a quick dry/wet cycle which is awesome. Looking to build a really strong rootball before transplanting to the 2 and a 1/2 gallon pots they will be going into after the solo cups. The smaller plants are still slacking a bit but 3 of them are for my cousin anyways so I'm not too stressed about it and I believe they will catch up soon.
This is one of the Gelatos I have started. Really happy with the color/growth so far.
IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Really happy with the progress so far. Hoping to get a another 3-4 waterings to fill this thing up with roots before transplanting. This is a picture of all the plants I started under normal lighting.
IMG_0567.jpg

Take it easy - jodyhighrollr

Hello everybody! I wanted to post a quick update. So I transplanted my plants mostly and the day of transplanting the plants showed no sign of deficiency but are showing sight signs this morning almost out of nowhere. I had them in a promix/super soil mix that was mostly promix but I thought they’d have enough food. I’ll be bringing the other 3 to my cousin before work and transplanting the last one tonight that was behind so it doesn’t get any further deficiency.

356F0B48-C811-436B-B458-B79A831B7F0F.jpeg

I got a little water on the leafs while transplanting and had put in my bigger led and it left some burn marks on a few leafs. They aren’t dying so I will leave them be for now until it’s time to quadline. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr

Hey everybody! Just wanted to post a quick update. The plants mostly are starting to grow what I believe are the 5-6 nodes. I will cut off the bottom two from the plants I’m quadlining tonight when I get home and will top them after they recover. I’m excited but also nervous to start training them into a quadline but hoping it will do well. If it’s not for me at least I have tried it out and I will continue to research new and different ideas but I have a feeling I’m going to like it. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr
410F9122-82F4-42EE-88B5-596577230C97.jpeg

Quick update! My plants weren’t showing any signs of slowing down so I topped the plants I want to quadline and started to tie down some of the lower nodes. Starting to bend/train the top nodes and will be tying them down once they are not as delicate. I really struggled with cutting off as much healthy growth as I did but have seen great results so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Getting slight discoloration from when I transplanted and got a little water on the leafs but it’s not spreading at all and the new growth has a really nice color to it. Here’s a few pictures to see the process. Take it easy!!
8D5C19B5-1FD9-4F66-802F-D2BDD6DD1828.jpeg

Sorry for all the clutter!!
92668D5F-EF87-466A-9C4A-3876EA7727E7.jpeg

9058C160-9452-4C08-85D7-A1912CE29A2B.jpeg

Looking good Jody! I’ll be watching these quadlines and if you have any questions along the way just give me a shout! Nice solid start and I look forward to seeing your gelato!
Thank you!! I’m sure I’ll have some questions along the way. Do you wait for the top nodes to grow a little before you start tying them down?

Thank you!! I’m sure I’ll have some questions along the way. Do you wait for the top nodes to grow a little before you start tying them down?

Yes I usually give them a few inches before I begin tying down. Makes it a bit easier and your less likely to snap or damage a branch!

Yes I usually give them a few inches before I begin tying down. Makes it a bit easier and your less likely to snap or damage a branch!
Thanks again :) this may seem like a silly question but have you ever seen someone super crop the branches while they are still small like this or a little bigger? I only ask because I was thinking about how people say it helps increase nutrient intake(uptake?) and about how I want them to grow outwards anyways. I don’t want to shock my plants any more and I’m not going to do it but it was just a thought. Hope it doesn’t sound foolish haha. My guess is that they would be too young. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr

Thanks otter :) This is actually my first time quadlining. My last two grows both had pretty good yields. I won’t be quadlining the gelato but I have five pineapple express #2’s I am going to quadline. My tent is 7’ so I have some space but with the fixture and the space needed from the lights I have about 5’ to work with.

I’ve seen some monster quadlined plants. I think a part of the reason I want to quadline is more because I’ve seen such great plants with this technique but also to learn something new and experiment a little bit.

I will be taking clones off my best plant of each strain and think my next grow will be a comparison between quadlining and more commonly used training techniques.
Yea, I see great plants quaded. I'm right behind you one day myself.

Thanks again :) this may seem like a silly question but have you ever seen someone super crop the branches while they are still small like this or a little bigger? I only ask because I was thinking about how people say it helps increase nutrient intake(uptake?) and about how I want them to grow outwards anyways. I don’t want to shock my plants any more and I’m not going to do it but it was just a thought. Hope it doesn’t sound foolish haha. My guess is that they would be too young. Take it easy - jodyhighrollr
You can supercrop later on if there’s a really stubborn lead branch but I usually don’t. I’ll gently “squish” parts of the branch on the way up the stalk to increase dexterity and nutrition uptake! Ends up forming a bulge or knuckle like this:

You can see it in the middle of the branch where the bigger section is. That’s from squishing the branch slightly.

Yea, I see great plants quaded. I'm right behind you one day myself.
I will definitely follow along!!

You can see it in the middle of the branch where the bigger section is. That’s from squishing the branch slightly.
Awesome!! Thanks for the info. Kind of a similar idea about increasing uptake :)

thanks for the input guys

Just a quick update!! The plants haven’t seemed to have slowed down at all. Some plants upper nodes are slightly longer than others but when I get out of work and get home around 3:30 am I’m going to spend a few hours doing some tying down. In this first picture in the center is the gelato that I decided to quadline.
9852CF78-4320-4246-AB8F-7F5A4308A742.png

and this next picture is of one of the Pineapple Express that is doing really well. I will be closing both of these plants in the future.
D0FA8BE3-F682-4BD3-B21F-72602E608396.jpeg

Hey everybody! I’m tying down some plants right now and everything is going well. I’m running out of foam tie. I thought I had more but can’t find it. I have these 3 plants done that are all Pineapple Express #2 and will be doing the Gelato og that I will post after I’m done. I will probably only have enough for that but just hoping to get some input before I continue!! Hope every had a good day.
B8C9AA72-5DDE-49D8-90FB-FAE4E1B41015.jpeg

0B2282B1-9477-428A-AEC1-A94B7E860469.jpeg

90FDE994-7532-4A15-999E-BD5CA05FFCD4.jpeg

23ACFA52-20AA-43D4-8F1B-3C259C769EF8.jpeg

Hey again! I thought I had bought more foam tie and after looking for a short while I found some. I tied down the gelato and have one more plant to quadline that I am going to water tonight and tie down tomorrow. I’m really surprised how quickly they grew after topping and cutting the bottom nodes off. Here’s a picture of a few things I supplement with depending on the stage of the plants and what they need. I will start making ewc tea again soon and won’t be using the photosynthesis plus.
30305873-9366-467F-B68D-B1E8958AC6D8.jpeg

Here’s a picture of the other plants I have including the gelato og and one more plant to be quad lined. A white widow and pineexpress that I will only be topping Fimming and lollipopping to get a rough comparison on yields.
01C103A2-CDB7-459D-B077-F39B3CB76797.jpeg

And a picture of the gelato og quadlined!

F5E918F5-3101-43B1-81B7-254EC77DF1C7.jpeg

I will post an update in a day or two to show the progress! Take It easy! - jodyhighrollr

Hey everybody. The plants are doing well. It seems to me that one of the Pineapple Express #2s @SeedsMan sent me that was growing quicker is a completely different strain and and not only that but an auto flower... makes me wonder if I’m even growing the strains that I think I am . Not very happy and will likely be using a different seed bank in the future.
956AD6E7-177A-4C51-92D3-31904771696E.jpeg

7208750F-FBDE-477F-833E-94B9B6309061.jpeg

You're making the quadline look easy Jody. Nice!
Thanks otter :) I’ve been a bit busy and haven’t updated in a short while but the plants are looking great. I just did some training to the Gelato that I quadlined and it’s going great for a strain someone said was better to not quad.
68EADBE7-2A70-42EB-99EF-1A6959203147.jpeg

I’ll have to transplant somewhat soon. It’s hard to get a good idea of when tobut it will be within the next two weeks partially because I’m running out of stuff to tie down to and it’s close to that time.

This picture is A Pineapple Express that I haven’t tied down as much so far. Trying to keep it’s all nice and flat for now.
E3AA10D7-D404-4696-8A58-168AF856AE78.jpeg

Hope everything is going well for everybody! Take it easy!

Back
Top Bottom