Joe Buck Tells Absurd Story About The Time He Tried A Pot Brownie In Cabo

Ron Strider

FOX Sports' Joe Buck joined the Dan Le Batard Show on Monday to talk about baseball things ahead of Tuesday's MLB All-Star game. So naturally, the conversation took a turn, and he ended up sharing a story about his reaction to eating a pot brownie for the first time.

As they were joking about who has the worst experience from an edible, Buck explained that throughout high school and college, he was often around different illegal drugs and "always avoided all that stuff." He said he had never smoked or eaten pot before but explained why this time was different while vacationing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

"Let me paint the picture for you real quick. It was 2011. I had a paralyzed vocal cord from a bad hair plug operation – already I have you beat, by the way. I'm going through a divorce. I go down to Cabo to a place I have down there to try to relax, and I show up thinking that I'm going yoga every day, I'm going to read two books, I'm not going to drink, I'm going to do nothing. I'm just going to heal myself because I have this paralyzed vocal cord, and my career is over."

But he just couldn't seem to relax the way he wanted to, so he, along with a friend of his, decided to eat a "special" brownie while out to dinner. After about 45 minutes, he said they didn't feel any different, so they decided to eat a little more.

"So I had a brownie and a half, and then we all got in a car – not driving – we were driven down to this bar in Cabo. And as I'm riding down there, I'm trying to text somebody, and the letters start flying off my phone into my face, and I'm like, 'Oh, this is not gonna be good.'

"We show up. There's a bachelorette party going on. I'm scared, I'm frightened and I'm avoiding them. And then I sit down, and I can't feel my legs. And I talk to the guy that drove us down there, and I said, 'I need to leave right now.' He's drinking a Coca-Cola, and I said, 'I need to drink that, and I gotta get out of here right now.'

"So he helps me to my feet. We stagger. I somehow magically get down the steps and to the exit. I think we're going to go right, he thinks we're going to go left. He pulls me left as I go right. I pass out onto the ground, go under a rope with my head hanging off into the marina. I damn near died. I had a dream while I was down there. I popped up, and I went from completely out of it to completely sober, worrying that within the next four minutes, it was going to pop up on Deadspin that I just went down at a bar in Cabo."

Joe_Buck_-_WireImage.png

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Joe Buck tells absurd story about the time he tried a pot brownie in Cabo | For The Win
Author: Michelle R. Martinelli
Photo Credit: WireImage

Back
Top Bottom