Joe Grows In The Big Show

Yes. Im still not sure what kind of rig to get and all that....
Have you gone by the sponsors pages? What's your price range again? I'm happy to help you find a few good choices

Good afternoon Everyone. We should have the room framed in tonight. I'll post pics when we are done. We've decided to have just 1 room for now and we'll do 4 plants in it instead of 2 veg and 2 flower. We did some of the framing last nite and will be finishing that you this evening. Now that we've decided to don't at I've just realized that his 2 lights are different port sizes. One is a 4 in and the other is 6 in. We only have 1 fan and filter that are both 6 in ports. Am I not gonna be able to hook all of that together so we don't have to get another fan and filter?

I like ones this shape the best Joe.

32be87ba30b041cf09076010f02ad17e.jpg

Dude I got the same brand as you but it's not an oil rig

We are going to go back to the original plan of 2 rooms. The lights he has are 2 different sizes. 1 for veg and 1 for flower. We framed in a 8x5 room. We are splitting it into 2 rooms. The veg room is gonna be 3x5 and the flower room will be 5x5. Heres a couple pics of how far we got. We are gonna have to get a 4in fan and filter for the veg room. I have a portable a/c and heater that is going to be built into the flower room. We put some cardboard underneath the panda film for insulation and up the back wall a little bc there's a closet behind where the room is going up.
d2e1d5a31e04af13c9d2d3a463029d9a.jpg
c9e5ed32f09a330a0d1ca2b79bc28d5d.jpg
4e9801044e89796204c7dd7c1dd24a06.jpg

Good morning beautiful people. I have a question about the hid lights we are using. I have no experience with MH HPS lights. The 1 light is much bigger than the other. 1 has a built in ballast and the other does not. They are both 400w so what kind of footprint can I expect to get from them? Here what style they are.
a51f9f3d8bbb65137a75e0d8156687cb.jpg
957a120627450489c9a2691c9d3be2fd.jpg

Good morning beautiful people. I have a question about the hid lights we are using. I have no experience with MH HPS lights. The 1 light is much bigger than the other. 1 has a built in ballast and the other does not. They are both 400w so what kind of footprint can I expect to get from them? Here what style they are.
a51f9f3d8bbb65137a75e0d8156687cb.jpg
957a120627450489c9a2691c9d3be2fd.jpg
Maybe a 3x3 or 4x4 I'm going to guess. Also depends on the height the lights are at

We are going to go back to the original plan of 2 rooms. The lights he has are 2 different sizes. 1 for veg and 1 for flower. We framed in a 8x5 room. We are splitting it into 2 rooms. The veg room is gonna be 3x5 and the flower room will be 5x5. Heres a couple pics of how far we got. We are gonna have to get a 4in fan and filter for the veg room. I have a portable a/c and heater that is going to be built into the flower room. We put some cardboard underneath the panda film for insulation and up the back wall a little bc there's a closet behind where the room is going up.
d2e1d5a31e04af13c9d2d3a463029d9a.jpg
c9e5ed32f09a330a0d1ca2b79bc28d5d.jpg
4e9801044e89796204c7dd7c1dd24a06.jpg
Looks pretty awesome JD. So smart to have a veg and flower setup. Great for perpetual grows

optimum use would be 3X3 or 3.5X3.5 area at 12 to 18 inches above canopy...your 5X5 could use an additional light to utilize all the space or keep number of plants to match footprint...the advantage of a remote ballast is if heat is an issue it can be located outside the grow space...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Maybe a 3x3 or 4x4 I'm going to guess. Also depends on the height the lights are at
Thanks DA. That's kinda what I thought too. I'm thinking 2 photos in 5 gallon smart pots in each room. Maybe lucky enough to do 3? The lights he got are used, from his cousin. Idk if it is a "perpetual setup" or what, but I'm confused bc the bigger hood light seems to me that 1 would be for flower and the smaller 1 for veg? His cousin has the hps in the smaller 1 and the MH in the bigger 1. Shouldn't it be the other way?

Hi Joe. Heres a good real world comparison for you. As you can see in the first picture I run 2 - 400 watt lights side by side in my tent very similar to yours. My scrog screen is 3.5' x 3.5'. In the second picture you'll notice from front to back the 2 lights cover the whole 3.5' but side to side the light falls off the plants at the edge. Judging by this I'd say 1 of your lights would nicely cover about 2' x 2.5'. Anything past that will suffer slightly.

MH is your veg light and HPS is your flower light. Switch the bulbs to which ever hood you prefer for veg and flower.
MG_9604.jpg

MG_64731.jpg

Hi Joe. Heres a good real world comparison for you. As you can see in the first picture I run 2 - 400 watt lights side by side in my tent very similar to yours. My scrog screen is 3.5' x 3.5'. In the second picture you'll notice from front to back the 2 lights cover the whole 3.5' but side to side the light falls off the plants at the edge. Judging by this I'd say 1 of your lights would nicely cover about 2' x 2.5'. Anything past that will suffer slightly.

MH is your veg light and HPS is your flower light. Switch the bulbs to which ever hood you prefer for veg and flower.
MG_9604.jpg

MG_64731.jpg
I love that scrog setup and all them beautiful buds SD. So if the hoods/lights are interchangeable does it change the area the light will cover by which hood it's in? The bigger hood will cover more area correct?

...interchangeable "if" both ballasts are MH/HPS capable...most are these days, but depending on age not necessarily...never assume...info will be on ballast specs...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
The smaller light has a built in ballast inside the hood. It says it supports both. I'll have to look at the other to make sure.

...interchangeable "if" both ballasts are MH/HPS capable...most are these days, but depending on age not necessarily...never assume...info will be on ballast specs...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
I agree with Dr hook in the old days we had to change everything out from hoods to bulbs, which totally sucker because there is a Chance that you could cause damage to the plants by accident of course lol

So if the hoods/lights are interchangeable does it change the area the light will cover by which hood it's in? The bigger hood will cover more area correct?

The bulbs will only produce X number of lumens. The more you spread out the light the less PAR (photosynthetic active radiation) per square foot you have on the canopy. And don't forget about height, as that is subject to the inverse square rule, meaning that if you double the distance from the canopy, you get one quarter the useful light.

The bulbs will only produce X number of lumens. The more you spread out the light the less PAR (photosynthetic active radiation) per square foot you have on the canopy. And don't forget about height, as that is subject to the inverse square rule, meaning that if you double the distance from the canopy, you get one quarter the useful light.
Okay. Thanks. I've got 8 foot of ceiling to play with and ratchet straps for the lights to adjust height. Isn't 12 in from plants about what I'll want with these lights? 2 photos in 5 gallon smart pot with the lights 1 foot from them should thrive them correct?

Back
Top Bottom