Joejon's First Ebb & Grow 2-2011 Northern lights

Joejon

Using the template, here is the background info on this grow

What strain is it? Northern Lights
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica 100% or so they tell me
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 14 days in an aero cloner
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro Ebb & Gro 2 gallon pots, and 55 gal res x 2
Size of light? for veg, 2- 2x4 6 lamp t-5HO w/6500k bulbs, flower 3 1000w HPS.
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? Room is between 70-78 degrees via heat- a/c
RH of Room/cab? low, I live in the desert so it averages 16-30%
PH of media or res? 5.5-6.0
Any Pests ? None yet, but in time there are usually one or two
How often are you watering? Right now they are still in the clone bucket, I am waiting for a little more root structure before they go into the Ebb and grow. But plan on 4 -6 times per day.
Type and strength of ferts used? I am using the recipe for success, supplimenting it with Emerald Triangle bushmaster, snow storm and gravity.

Other fun facts about this grow.
Seeds were from Ministry of Cannabis, feminized. I started them on 11/1/10, made them nice and happy in my mother room, picked two of the best to keep for mothers and moved the rest into flower along with some shanti that came with the same order. The non mothers are currently on day 2 of flower in soil, but thats a whole different subject. Back to the important part.

I have previously grown in soil, with good results I am hoping that my skill in soil can carry over into hydro, and hopefully improve my yields.

I purchased 2 12 site ebb and gro's one to use in the veg room, the sceond to use in flower. Both of these systems are in a 12x10 room. I built a 5.5x9 foot table 36" tall , the flowering lights and ebb and gro's are on this table. That table equals out to about 50w per s.f. of light. Lights are on adjusters to keep them as close as possible to the plants.

The second ebb and gro is under the table, which has sides, and a removable front panel so no light can escape. There are two 8" duct booster fans that pull air through the veg area. The Veg set up has two 2x4 6 lamp t-5 fixtures, with 6500k Bulbs. I have been using the same light set up in the Mother/clone room with great success.

The main room, has filtered intake, and a carbon filter exhaust.

I am sure I will have lots of questions , and I know I will get some great answers to them.

Since I am new to ebb & gro how often during the grow should I run H202 through the system? with each res. change? Just concerned about keeping things clean.

I will post pictures later today.

thanks for the interest in my grow

Re: Joejon's first ebb&grow 2-2011 Northern lights

The grow room in question , I was just about finished up with the table and all the changes getting ready for ebb & gro
grow_table_.jpg

IMG_17092.JPG

this isn't a great picture, I need to lower my pic quality so I don't have to crop so much off, to get the size down.

I am using one of the 1000w hps to flower in soil the remaining shanti (4) and NL (4) that I did not keep for mothers, So this grow will be 12 NL with 2- 1000w HPS, and possibly some floro's to ad a little more spectrum of light.

Update on what I have going on.
With the work week over and relatives coming into town , and not the ones you can have help haul hydroton bags haha. Not much will get done until Monday. My plan is to take the clones and put them in the ebb & gro on Monday that will be day 20 in the clone bucket.
I have been test running the system for the last few days with no problems at all.

IMG_16724.jpg

the long roots are the NL clones, the short spiky roots are the Shanti

Update.
It's been pretty busy since the last post. I pulled the clones on day 21 and with a little help put the BC recipe for success at 400 PPM. The next morning I found that 2 of them drooped and died. Further investigation proved that due to a slight kink in the lines that fed the pots they were not receiving water quickly. I started feeding cycle 5 times per light cycle for 15 min per time. After 7 days I reduced this to 4 times per day. I changed the res out on day 7 and put new nutes in.
Pics to follow.

JoeJon

Just finished a Nirvana Northern Light.
I thought mainly Indica too. Wrong. Surprise. It is Afgh mixed with Thai supposedly, and mine turned out to be more of a pheno on the Thai sativa side.
It took 18 wks flowering to finish. And it was worth the wait.
Check out my journal for some pics.

Good Luck

Hi Joejon

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom